Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy tuck with 18 pounds left until goal. Questions...

So, I have my tt and breast lift scheduled in about a month. I'm 18 pounds to goal and I've got some decent hangover, lol, in the stomach area. Preliminary estimates from my Dr are about 10 lbs of skin/flab/fat will be removed.

I went to my surgeon today for my regular check up and told him I was scheduled. Which he already knew because I told him at my last appointment. Anyways, when I brought it up today, he gave me the third degree. Saying that when I lose the remaining weight, I may get "flabby" again.

I can see his point, that is fine. However, I feel that this mid section spare tire is completely hindering me now. I want it gone and I seriously do not think that 10-20 pounds is really going to make a difference. I'm fine with "flabby", I can deal with something that isn't THIS. If you know what I mean.

I would like to hear from any others who had a Tummy Tuck before hitting their "ultimate" goal weight.

How far were you away from goal? Did it make any differences that you can tell? Do you wish you would have waiting to lose that extra 10-20 pounds?

Thanks!

I was 15 pounds from goal and hadn't stabilized and I have to agree with your primary. I know you are eager, but I feel like you will not get your money's worth in the long run. Please make haste slowly. Empty flabby skin is unsightly and gets worse during maintenance as things shift around and resettle.

Best wishes,

Mimi

I had my TT 2 years ago. I also had 10 pounds removed. Since then, in addition to that 10 I've lost 20 more. I have absolutely no loose skin down there. I plan on losing another 15-20 and have no reason to think I will sag again. Just make sure that as soon as you are released to exercise afterward, that you start doing crunches to help keep it tight.

When I had mine done the PS told me a 20-30 pound loss would not make a difference.

I can tell you, having lost 15lb from my already thin (BMI 22 or so frame) it made a HUGE difference. I have loose skin now that I didnt have 15lb ago. I got bonier and flabbier and looked no better being thinner. I can see now that any further improvement to my body would have to come from plastic surgery. Do you really NEED to lose the 18lb (ie are you already a healthy BMI)? I can tell you, I have a flat (if flabby) tummy, but I sure wish I could put some fat on my chest, neck and face, sadly if I try it will just go straight on my bum!

If you really need to lose the 18, then wait. Why would you go through PS, all that expense and healing, if you werent going to be sure you'd get the very best result possible?

Thanks ladies, for the responses.

I still have some decisions to make, my gut is telling me to go through with it, however, the logical side of me is still undecided.

I go in to talk with my PS again in a couple of weeks. So, we'll see.

So, I have my tt and breast lift scheduled in about a month. I'm 18 pounds to goal and I've got some decent hangover, lol, in the stomach area. Preliminary estimates from my Dr are about 10 lbs of skin/flab/fat will be removed.

I went to my surgeon today for my regular check up and told him I was scheduled. Which he already knew because I told him at my last appointment. Anyways, when I brought it up today, he gave me the third degree. Saying that when I lose the remaining weight, I may get "flabby" again.

I can see his point, that is fine. However, I feel that this mid section spare tire is completely hindering me now. I want it gone and I seriously do not think that 10-20 pounds is really going to make a difference. I'm fine with "flabby", I can deal with something that isn't THIS. If you know what I mean.

I would like to hear from any others who had a Tummy Tuck before hitting their "ultimate" goal weight.

How far were you away from goal? Did it make any differences that you can tell? Do you wish you would have waiting to lose that extra 10-20 pounds?

Thanks!

In addition to removing skin, the plastic surgeon removes a large amount of excess fat when doing the abdomnioplasty. It's true that they prefer you be as near to your goal weight as possible but more importantly, they want to know that you have maintained your current weight within 10 pounds for a length of time. If you lose weight following the abdomnioplasty, you are going to lose the bulk of it in another area of your body.

I have about 20 lbs left to go and my surgeon didn't mention any second about doing my TT prior to goal. I am looking forward to being rid of the flab