Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am curious to know if anyone eats at night or late night? Some days I can't get my 1200 calories in during the day and find myself eating after 8pm (which I try to stick to). I get my Protein and fluids in but I am seriously low in calories which I believe is the cause for my recent stall in weight loss.

I am curious to know if anyone eats at night or late night? Some days I can't get my 1200 calories in during the day and find myself eating after 8pm (which I try to stick to). I get my Protein and fluids in but I am seriously low in calories which I believe is the cause for my recent stall in weight loss.

Sometimes I'll have a shake or cottage cheese and apple sauce in the PM if I don't think I have had enough calories or Protein for the day.

Joan

I usually eat my dinner around 8pm or later. I dont usually get home from work until 7 or 7:30.

I know some people will say eating late makes you gain weight. I dont believe it. It's all about your total calories and nutrition for the day. Not the time.

I get most of my calories in the PM as I am not really hungry most days.

My Nut said it was'nt a problem that I eat late (by the time I do an hour commute and go to the gym it's after 8 before I get dinner). She said the problem with night eating is that people tend to make poor food choices when they eat later and eat large amounts.

I agree - even if its true that you store more fat from what you eat, more easily, if you eat late then go to bed, well if you're eating to make up for what you DIDNT eat during the daytime, you've also burned fat to meet your energy needs. As long as overall calories ingested are less than overall calories expended it doesnt matter when you eat.

You still need to eat well, and make sure its not just boredem late night eating of course. For those that eat well during the day and get in their daytime calories, you either need to just shut up shop once dinners done and have a rule of no more or you need to plan a little late night pleasure into your daily calories.

personally, I think weight loss is ALL about what works for you. Realistically,that's what you can sustain!

Thanks guys..I am eating well but I was a bit concerned about eating at night to get the rest of the calories in..now my mind is a little more at ease. This site is really helping me get a grip on my band journey!

I've been having a problem with hunger at 10 PM. And, it has been when I've been out of town without my handy fridge that I keep stocked with high-protein food and low calorie Snacks. So I haven't lost any weight since last week. I haven't gone for my first fill yet. I'm so worried this is how it is going to stay!

I try hard not to eat for 3 hrs before I go to bed. If I feel like I need something, I do something liquid. Like for example one of the muscle milks that I have. I think I've had the same problem as you (not sure I'm getting all the calories), so I don't worry too much if I drink something with calories during the day or at night.

Good luck to you.

If you're hungry at 10 pm then you've got the right idea having healthy Snacks at hand. But personally, that late, I'd just go to bed, lol. I may be completely freaking stuffed in the head but I feel really good when I go to bed hungry. Makes me think tomorrow on the scales is going to be joyful. Of course, it rarely makes any difference, hunger is just that, hunger. It wont kill you if you ignore it.