Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me it gets better!

Hello!

I was just banded on Friday, July 22. I have been having SERIOUS indigestion & pain in the shoulder. I know the pain is from the gas trying to get out. I did not have any indigestion before the surgery, so why am I having it now?

Also, I am very sore near my port incision. I can hardly move to roll over, sit up, or stand. Is all of this normal?

I am on liquids for 2 weeks. Can anyone give me any good food suggestions that aren't sweet? I am trying to break up the monotony that I am already experiencing.

When can I expect to start feeling a little more like my normal self??

Thanks for your support!! I love this group!!

Jen

Yes it's all normal- but that's not a lot of comfort when you're miserable! When I was on liquids I had miso soup- it was flavorful and HEAVEN after all of the sweet liquids I'd been having, Really, you can take any Soup and throw it in the blender and blend it up so it doesn't have lumps- the texture might feel odd but it'll still taste good.

I was banded one week ago and had all the same issues but they are normal and it does get better, im feeling so much better just a week later. Just rest and take it slow. I just ate broth and any Soup in the blender and popsicles are my bff! Good luck!

Hang in there hun...the first 3-5 days are the worse. i promise it gets better. i thought my all my insides were going to fall out everytime i got up. I think back now to that and it seems so long ago(actually only 2 months). i ate chicken broth a lot, but the Protein Shakes were ok with me. i didnt have an appetite for 3 weeks so i was fine with sipping on flavored water or the occasional juice. Hope you feel better soon. hang in there. i had the dreaded shoulder pain, and i'm not trying to scare you but it took about 6 weeks for mine to go away completely, but everyone's body is different. congrats on your decision to be banded. feel free to add me as a friend and PM me any questions, no matter how silly or gross you may think they are. That's why we're all here to support each other. Blessings!:)

I'm gonna say it again. To get rid of the shoulder pain GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR! Have him adjust your mid-back. The shoulder pain goes away instantly! The relief only lasts 2-3 days because the gas builds back up so you'll need to go again. I went twice a week for the first month and had very little shoulder pain.

Well my sister helped me with the shoulder pain and tummy it worked for me my pains I laid on my sides with arms extended over my head a friend of hers RN told her this trick reverse sides every 30 mins i laid on the side most hurting the most

next day pain was gone. Hope this helps

I had miso Soup from a Japanese restaurant (it's WAY better than store bought) also, wong ton soup but with no wong ton from a Chinese restaurant. They were both so good! The shoulder pain takes a while to go away. I'm on day 16 and it still comes and goes! :( Also, try a heating pad. It helped me a lot!