Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded June 1st, 2011 since my surgery i have lost a total of 18lb but i really expected to have lost a lot more. I got my first fill July 12th and my band is 5cc i have lots of restriction now and think i should see some improvement however i am starting to get depresed. Any advice?

I was banded just a couple of weeks before you. I too wish that my results were better, but what you have to realize is that 18lbs is still a lot of weight. Think about looking at 18lbs of fat on a scale, or carrying around an 18lb toddler...isn't it impressive that you're not carrying that around anymore?

I've had to learn to be patient with myself, and realize that although it's coming off slower than I expected, I don't have to worry about seeing myself at this size again, my best friend and partner continues to remind me to enjoy the journey and stop thinking so much about the end result.

Embrace the investment that you've made in yourself and savor the achievement of each pound and each inch that you continue to lose!

Happy Travels :D

You are losing at over 2 pounds a week that is more than my doctor expects. I am a slow looser so personally I would be really happy at 2 pounds a week.

i'm in the same boat. today marks 2 months since i was banded and i am stuck at 17 pounds. i'm trying to just focus on working out and eating right. i've had 3 fills and i'm trying not to get too discouraged. i freak myself out thinking what if i'm one of those people that wont loose weight with the band. i was self pay so i would be so devastated. tryn to stay focused and not on the scale.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png" alt=":(" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/sad@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP... how much weight loss are you expecting at this point?

i dont want fast weight loss, i just want the 1-2 pounds per week. i just want to see some fruits of my labor..that's all. I'm ok with it being slow, but not non-exsistent. i also have hypothryoidism so my mind knows my weight loss will be slower, but that doesnt make it easy to swallow that pill. i did not go for by pass cuz i think its too drastic for me.

OP... how much weight loss are you expecting at this point?

Also... for those in the 'same boat', if FAST weight loss is what you wanted... why didn't you choose the Roux-en-Y?

I was banded June 1st, 2011 since my surgery i have lost a total of 18lb but i really expected to have lost a lot more. I got my first fill July 12th and my band is 5cc i have lots of restriction now and think i should see some improvement however i am starting to get depresed. Any advice?

Okay, my head is swimming here ... I must have misread something ... it has been 7weeks since your surgery and by my math (and, of course I could be wrong ... I was never a math whiz) you have lost at a rate of 2.57142857 (ok, I cheated ... I used a calculator) per week. AND, to top that off you are still healing! You are doing great! (So are you, Jennifer!)

This is lapband not gastric bypass, and, as a rule, you don't drop weight overnight. With the band it takes a minute -- but your numbers are FANTASTIC!!

You are doing better than the average. Please don't minimize your current success. If you minimize your success now, when you are actually doing so well ... what will happen when you hit a plateau? To be disappointed with what you have done for yourself at this point would be setting the scene for sabotage in the future. (All that crazy thinking about failure and stuff ... you don't want that, trust me.)

It sounds like you need to do a little more reading about the band to really understand how it works. You are doing great and if you keep up what you are doing now you will reach your goal in record time.

Be proud of yourself ... you too Jennifer. Great job!

~Fran

I agree with the previous comments. You are doing well and are averaging good weight loss per week. I am not sure what you are expecting out of this. You can't compare your weight loss progress to any other procedure because they all vary differently. Just keep up with what you are doing, you just healed from a surgery.

I know how you feel especially when you read other posts and how much they have lost, Im 3 weeks out and lost a total of 13 pounds but I also must admit when I could start to eat mushy I ate several things that put a halt to my weight loss like ice cream and I had a couple of Mc Donalds Frappe, A BIG NO NO!!. So last night I went online and joined weight watchers so I could at least pick out food and count points to keep me on track. I really felt gulity!

I was banded on 4/18/11 and would be thrilled to have lost 18 pounds in the time you did. I'm a slow loser (an obviously a poor loser too) but you are averaging a 2 pound a week weight loss which is awesome! I would love that. I lost 1 pound in 4 weeks! Keep up the good work

Keep in mind that there will be times when the scale doesn't move much. It's good to take some measurements now keep track of the inches you lose. At times I've lost an inch on my waist when I wasn't losing any lbs. Usually within a few days the scale drops. Other times you stop losing as much because you need to kick up your activity level. I think all of you are doing great. This is the point where you learn to eat and move like a skinny person. The lessons you learn now will help you in the long run.

I agree with the weight loss, your in the ballpark.

Are you keeping a journal to see your calories, Protein, and exercise?

If not,,, go to myfitnesspal.com, and join up. It's Free ! A lot of people

from this site are there.

It calculates everything that you need. Plus chat !

So give it a shot, and see if you like it.

I am Losingintime on that site.