Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many days per week for exercise?

I am currently working out 5-6 days a week for about 30 minutes each session. How many days a week should I be resting? I don't want to overdo it.

I'd say a day..if that. Depends on how strenuous your exercise is. I workout for 2 hours a day (weights + cardio); my rest day is Sunday. :)

I do 45 minutes to an hour of fat-burn or cardio type exercise at the gym four or five days a week, during my work week. If I do weight training I leave a days' rest between workouts. And since I'm active in other ways on weekends, I tend to take weekends off from the gym. But I find as I lose more weight, I'm just naturally more and more active. It's awesome!

Dave

I do something pretty much every day. Three days will be big ones like a long run and a body pump class, two days might be just a five k run or a spin class and two might be really easy days like Water aerobics or a walk with hhbby. I have other things that I like to do like an incline teadmill walk pumping dumbells or sandbag training, so although its often seven days a week theres lots of variety, I dont get bored or injured that wsy. But lest I sound obsessed I dont hesitate to take a day off if im tired or busy.

EVERYDAY!!!!!

I work out hard six days a week and just talk a long slow walk on the seventh day. Sometimes, if I am really sore and tired I use my rest day early.

Today I had a crazy session with the trainer and am set to run tomorrow but we will see if my legs can handle it! If I cant run tomorrow morning then I will swim tomorrow afternoon.

I exercise regularly..Some time when I m not feeling well or when I m in hurry ,I try to avoid ..But I like to exercise everyday because it keep me fresh for whole day..

I go to Curves 5 days a week and ride my bike 6 to 7 days a week. Sometimes I will walk on my lunch hour on my non-curves days (It has been to hot lately to do this) I actually feel guilty if I do not do something everyday and I think my body misses it!!

I do curves 3 to 4 times a week and actually spoke to a rep from bally fitness just cause they open earlier starting at 5:45am and stay open later until 8:30pm and have a lot of more classes offered I go on my official tour tuesday. I would be doing both curves and bally's If i like ballys. Plus curves is only open for 3 hours on saturday and is closed on sunday bally's is open 7 days so we wll see how I balance school work and gym. but yeah I need something to do physically during the weekends. Isnt funny how we want physical activity in our lives now :lol:

For me the general rule of thumb is, if the muscle is sore don't work it out again. That doesn't mean that if my biceps are sore that I can't run a few miles. Just remember that working out a muscle that is already sore doesn't do any good and could in fact cause damage. Also, I think taking one day off for your body to recuperate is a good idea but it's different for each person. I usually do one of two workout routines, either I do cardio and weights every other day ad nauseam, or I do cardio one day and then weights the next for six days and rest on the seventh just like the big man upstairs :D

Gaither

I work out a min of 4 days per week and sometimes manage 5 days per week. I am at the gym about 1.5 hours I do 45-50 minutes on the elipitical, I usually do half the cardio stop and do the machines especially the core ones and then resume the remainder of my cardio. I have been amazed how much I enjoy the gym, the only draw back has been getting it in no matter what my schedule is.

I work out 3 maybe 4 (xtra cardio) days a week. i do 2 days(weekends) of cardio for 1 hour and workout for about 30mins after.

the other days i work with a trainer for 30mins

i have lost 102 lbs and tone up good.

I work out 4-5 times a week for approx 1.5 hours. I do about 50 minutes cardio split in half doing the machines after the first half and then going back to cardio. I had my surgery in May and never dreamed I would be as faithful to the gym as I am! I love seeing the results of working out! Best of Luck! PS. My MP3 player maximizes my workouts!

I'm doing p90x 6 days per week plus the couch to 5k program 3 of those days. So about 45 minutes on 3 days, an hour and 10 minutes on 3 days and a day of rest. It should be good for half a lb to a lb of weight loss per day.