Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

True true. My favorite shopping destination is NORTHERN TOOLS and SUMMIT RACING. Everything else is blah...

It is annoying when I'm looking at a cute top and then realize it's a maternaty shirt. What gets me the most though is that there are such cute and trendy looking maternity clothes available and ugly crap for plus size. I always feel like we're being punished for being fat...like we don't deserve to be big and look cute..unless we're pregnant. Ahh, hopefully this will soon be a former annoyance.

I totally agree. that has pissed me off for a long time that designers think big people should wear ugly clothes. :angry:

It makes sense to put the maternity clothes in the infant section because pregnant women almost always go to the baby section to buy things they need or just research what's available. If Target would even use different colored signs or something to distinguish the maternity clothes from the plus size clothes it would help, because they mix the racks together too closely. And I find it insulting that they put the maternity clothes next to the plus size clothes but they don't actually sell plus size maternity clothes!

Been there, done that!

It is stupid how they are set up!!

And it seems like Target especially doesn't know what a real size 18 is!!! Their 18 is more like a 14!!

Vent away!!

Must have been designed by a skinny person!

:P

I was gonna say, I've tried on stuff at target and their sizes are sooo small. I won't buy any clothes there because I don't want to get the bigger sizes, even though I know they run small. I'm in a large top (occasionally XL) but I bought a light hoodie from target and it's an XL and it's still kind of tight on me. I bought it a number of months ago, and I'm pissed at myself for getting it.

I'll give a different perspective others haven't as to why it sucks. First of all, the racks being so close together for Plus and Maternity at Target are a pain in the rear, as people are lazy and shove stuff wherever when they are done with it. So you may find something cute and find out it's a maternity shirt, not plus.

Secondly, for those of us who are apple shaped (carry our weight around on middle), we shop for clothes and often times have to stay away from certain styles because they make us look pregnant. Or, someone has actually asked us how far along we are, and we're not pregnant! This is one reason one should never ask a woman how far along they are unless you see them crowning :)

Lastly, I'm going to be very honest here, I'm sure I'm not the only one who in a fit of sadness and desperation just thought, "You know what? F this. I can't find anything to wear. I'm just going to buy maternity pants with the full panel because nothing else looks good or fits." I'm serious.

Having Plus next to Maternity just hits all of these nerves. However, I can look at it from a strategic standpoint of the store. They are just placing specialty sizes together. If Target had a Tall section, it would be next to Plus and Maternity too. It's not malicious on their part, just annoying. Stores like Macys and Dillards placing Plus size upstairs just sucks. The upper floors of department stores are warmer! Like I need to sweat more than I already do going shopping, trying on clothes and in the 100 degree Kansas City summer.

Forgive me but Target clothes just suck in general regardless of where they are placed in the store. They do indeed run exceedingly small and I'm on the smaller side of the pre-banders. However it's not just the fact that they run small, they run very - very- very irregular. No two different pants in the same size there will be even REMOTELY the same and not jst in size but length as well. I am not sure why they don't just throw all of their pants into a big crap pile in the floor and tell women to just keep trying them on until something fits.

When I was wearing plus sizes I never went into those department stores for clothes for some of the reasons mentioned here. Low quality, racks too close together, unreliable sizes etc. Almost all of my clothes came from Catherine's. They only carry size 16-32 and everything is high quality but still reasonably priced. They always had great sales and awesome clearances. I guess I did buy a few things at Fashion Bug as well but it's owned by the same company.

Use it as motivation to get out of the plus sized section! ;)

P.S. Target's sizing makes no sense whatsoever! I wear a Large in their Merona t-shirts. I go to the next rack and an XXL fits. I just bought shorts a month ago at Target. The jean shorts were a 16 and loose (probably could've bought a 14). The Khaki shorts I had to buy an 18. It's seriously annoying! Most stores I'm in between a 14 & 16 pants and wearing Large tops. At Target it's like a game of Roulette!

It is annoying when I'm looking at a cute top and then realize it's a maternaty shirt. What gets me the most though is that there are such cute and trendy looking maternity clothes available and ugly crap for plus size. I always feel like we're being punished for being fat...like we don't deserve to be big and look cute..unless we're pregnant. Ahh, hopefully this will soon be a former annoyance.

I agree...was at khols the other day and all the plus size clothing was in animal prints.....WTH fat people do NOT want to dress like cheetas and leopards all the time!!! Jut make the cute clothes a little bigger and they WILL sell!!!!

Did you know that a "plus size" model is anyone a size 10 and over? How crazy is that? And the average plus size model is a 10/12 (and probably 6' tall). So, in my book that is not plus size................just humiliating for us normal people!