Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Well, my surgery date is set for August 1st. While I am SUPER EXCITED I am also SUPER NERVOUS. I think because I have a little more than 2 weeks to go, it's all becoming so real. I see the home stretch!!! I had my final meeting with my nutritionist today and she said I only need to do the liquid diet for 4 days. Really she said I didn't even need to do it as I am on the lower bmi scale but she wants me to get used to the way things are going to be post op. I have been purchasing products for a while now, I ordered a pill crusher, a shake weight (SHOOOSH, DON'T JUDGE ME! LOL) and yes, it DOES in fact work. My last purchase was the Kitchen Ninja 1100. I CAN'T wait to try that thing out!! So, who else out here is going to be joining me on "The Losers Bench" in August?? To those of you waiting for surgery, what are your thoughts and concerns????? I would really like to know if I am the only one freaking out a lil.

Hello! Well, my surgery date is set for August 1st. While I am SUPER EXCITED I am also SUPER NERVOUS. I think because I have a little more than 2 weeks to go, it's all becoming so real. I see the home stretch!!! I had my final meeting with my nutritionist today and she said I only need to do the liquid diet for 4 days. Really she said I didn't even need to do it as I am on the lower bmi scale but she wants me to get used to the way things are going to be post op. I have been purchasing products for a while now, I ordered a pill crusher, a shake weight (SHOOOSH, DON'T JUDGE ME! LOL) and yes, it DOES in fact work. My last purchase was the Kitchen Ninja 1100. I CAN'T wait to try that thing out!! So, who else out here is going to be joining me on "The Losers Bench" in August?? To those of you waiting for surgery, what are your thoughts and concerns????? I would really like to know if I am the only one freaking out a lil.

WOW! we have the same date! Aug 1st. I too am excited and nervous. I'm all done with my pre op work except for slleep disorder this Wed night.

My date was pushed back a week due to a skin infection which is taking long to disappear... I"m almost scared to say it but I may have to push it back again.

I've been getting boils yuck! Anyone else have to change date? Well I'm clapping and cheering for you looking forward to walking this road so close to your road...

I was just banded on July 13 .. still cant believe that it happened! I was so excited all the way to surgery .. and now that its in I'm nervous! I have to remind myself that I did it .. Good luck!

I spoke with my mom yesterday afternoon over lunch. I explained to her that I was having the surgery and she was very taken aback. She does not believe I need it but said she will support me on my journey. I'm happy for that. The only problem I have is that my mom chooses to focus on the negative aspect of things. I don't think she knows it when does but it just natural for her. She said things like "you're not gonna like the fact that you are gonna have to drink liquids" or "You're gonna be mad when your husband and your friends all go out to eat and you can't". I am glad I told her but this confirms my thoughts.......that I will have to distance myself from her until I become stable : mentally and physically.

I also bought a Ninja today. I've been wanting one for the longest. It works really well. I didn't like my Protein shake so i'm researching Protein juices and non flavored powders to put into my food. Any thoughts or ideas?

I am scheduled for August 8th!! I am not so much nervous but I am VERY ANXIOUS to start my new life. I have ALWAYS been the fat girl and the heaviest in the family all of my cousins are stick thin and model. I have wanted that life for SO long and now in 23 days I can start my journey towards that life!! My family is all 20000%% supportive of me.....They have asked questions and are ready to help me through the whole process!! Also as far as protien drinks are concerned I had a HELL of a time trying to find one that didn't make me want to throw up while drinking it. But I did find Muscle Milk Light and it is SO good they have a variety of flavors I buy on Amazon.com it is much cheaper than a health store. =)

I like Muscle Milk too. I never tried the light though. I usually find it in my local supermarket. I guess I have to go with that. It premixed and easy to take alaong with me! Thanks!

I've always been the Fat Girl too ... Its so exciting to think that that will change!!

My surgery is the first of August also, The nerves haven't kicked in , just totally excited, I looked into this for a full year before I committed. Now I am ready to start my new life, I know this is a ways down the line but I cant wait till I can shop in the normal stores for clothing instead of "specialty stores"...I have my eyes on the prize, but that is just my way of thinking of this. Everyone goes thru a wave of emotions when it comes to change, we as humans don't like change

success1.gif

My surgery date is set for August 2nd! I am so anxious! Ihave my Pre-op this Tuesday, and my nutrition appointment on Friday! I was outwith my sister today looking at all the different Protein shakes, but stillwaiting to talk to the Drs to see what they recommend. I am still in theprocess though of getting my insurance approval. This has all come SO fast forme, so I almost think it is too good to be true! I started this process in May,and the office says they are very confident that insurance will be approved anyday as to why they scheduled my pre op already! I received a call from the surgeon’soffice on Thursday saying I needed a clearances letter from my primaryphysician who is the one who recommended me for surgery, but of course he isout of the office all week! Going to try to call again first thing Monday toremind them to send over that letter because I REALLY want to get this donethis summer while I’m out of school and can afford to take some time off! Fingerscrossed! And good luck to all those getting banded in august!

I'm tentatively scheduled for Agust 11th. I say tenatively cause I'm on my surgeon's calendar for the 11th and my insurance approved me for the date, but I still have a sleep study and there is an issue with my liver that has to be checked out. I am full of emotions. Happy, excited, anxious, scared. I've started a blog to keep track of it all and help me get through the emotional part. It will also provide my family with access to my journey. They are all a million times behind me on this.

Hello! my surgery date is set for August 30th. I am excited yet nervous just like most of you here. I have been battleing my weight for the past 16 years. I would loose weight then just gain it back and then some. I am currently at my most heavyest weight and find it difficult to do activities. I am looking forward to not tiring so quickly and being able to be active again. I can't wait to be able to shop in the regular sizes again. I want my self confidence back and to be able to stop taking all the medications that I am currently taking not to mention that blooming CPAP machine! I am looking into different types of protine shakes (thanks for those of you who posted what they thought about the different types. It is proving to be very helpful.)

August 15th here! WOOHOOO!!!

I am scheduled for August 4th and am so incredibly excited to start. I am not nervous about the surgery but afterward - rebuilding my relationship with food.

I am hesitant to how I am going to understand and change my attitude towards food,

.... any advice?