Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Falling off the wagon....

I was banded on 07-07-11 and like most people I'm on liquids only for 2 weeks and then I'll go to the pureed/mushy stage. I am dying. I've been doing Protein shakes and chicken broth since June 7th and I think I've just had enough. I've eaten a couple crackers and pretzels and chewed them well just to see if I could get them down and so far I've had no problems. I know that it's not advisable or the right thing to do, but I just want some food. I'm struggling and I know it's less than a week and I will tear up some KFC mashed potatoes, haha. Sorry this is just a rant, I want food.< /p>

weight.png

if you absolutly need to eat, try some cottage cheese or yogurt. that has some Protein in it and you want to get as much Protein as possible. You will want to stay away from carbs, like cracker and such.

I know this stage is tough but the longer ypu can survive on this stage, the more you will lose and you will heal also.

good luck!

if you absolutly need to eat, try some cottage cheese or yogurt. that has some Protein in it and you want to get as much Protein as possible. You will want to stay away from carbs, like cracker and such.

I know this stage is tough but the longer ypu can survive on this stage, the more you will lose and you will heal also.

good luck!

I was banded June 28th and I've been also eating crackers and pretzels. I'm on the mushy stages and I've gained back 5 lbs from adding in potatos, and other carbs. I'm even able to eat Pasta just fine. I feel like I'm blowing it right now because of what I'm able to eat. It's kinda depressing because I thought I wouldn't get my appetite back already or be able to swollow much but I'm eating just like I did before surgery practicually. I'm counting down the days til my fill because at this rate I'll keep gaining back my weight that I lost on my liquid stage.

Don't give in to temptation anymore. You have post-op diets for a reason, you don't want to pull any stitches around your band. Chew some gum if you really want something to chew. You're almost out of this part of it!

I hate myself right now, I feel like a total failure. I was banded April 22, 2008 and have lost about 170 pounds including my pre-op weight loss but I fell off the wagon during my anniversary for the 4th of July and am having a hell of a time finding my way back. I currently have an enormous bag of skittles by my bed, crunchberries in my kitchen, just garbage and I don't know how to come back. I am extremely all or nothing, black or white so when I fail, I fail big and when I'm on, I'm on big. I cannot exericse due to a spinal injury, nothing. no Water aerobics, walking, nothing. I am on pretty constant bed rest so I feel like food is the only control I have in my life. I feel lost, I can't appreciate what I've lost because I've gained some back in the past few months. I want to get to 165 before I have plastic surgery and weigh maybe 210 now but was at 195 last summer and my highest was close to 400. I hate myself :(

I hate myself right now, I feel like a total failure. I was banded April 22, 2008 and have lost about 170 pounds including my pre-op weight loss but I fell off the wagon during my anniversary for the 4th of July and am having a hell of a time finding my way back. I currently have an enormous bag of skittles by my bed, crunchberries in my kitchen, just garbage and I don't know how to come back. I am extremely all or nothing, black or white so when I fail, I fail big and when I'm on, I'm on big. I cannot exericse due to a spinal injury, nothing. no Water aerobics, walking, nothing. I am on pretty constant bed rest so I feel like food is the only control I have in my life. I feel lost, I can't appreciate what I've lost because I've gained some back in the past few months. I want to get to 165 before I have plastic surgery and weigh maybe 210 now but was at 195 last summer and my highest was close to 400. I hate myself :(

How can you hate yourself when you have lost 170 pounds and are so close to your goal? You had a set back- please, please change your way of thinking and redirect your thinking. First, get a trash bag and throw all the crap way-all of it-every tempting piece of food! Then dump coffee grinds or Water in the water so you'rw not tempted to save anything! Next, get paper and a pen and write a grocery list of food that you used to get you to the huge weight loss! Make a grid with 7 boxes (for each day of the week) and start planning your meals for the next 7 days. It will be your 7 day challenge!! Buy a motivational book to read in bed or a book that will grab your interest (or get a few from the public library). Keep a large bottle of ice water by your bed with maybe a slice of lime in it. Next time you want a snack tell yourself you'll need to finished all that water first (at least 28 oz). Have some low cal. Snacks in the house. Make these Snacks that you'll eat but not snacks that you love and make them healthy!. Keep sf pops in the freezer to curb the hunger monster.

Stop being so hard on yourself!! The band is NOT about perfection it's about moving forward despite setbacks. You haven't failed until you've given up and clearly you haven't done that since you are seeking help from this forum! Good luck to you!

I was banded on 07-07-11 and like most people I'm on liquids only for 2 weeks and then I'll go to the pureed/mushy stage. I am dying. I've been doing Protein shakes and chicken broth since June 7th and I think I've just had enough. I've eaten a couple crackers and pretzels and chewed them well just to see if I could get them down and so far I've had no problems. I know that it's not advisable or the right thing to do, but I just want some food. I'm struggling and I know it's less than a week and I will tear up some KFC mashed potatoes, haha. Sorry this is just a rant, I want food.< /p>

weight.png

I was banded on 7-7 and I am right there with you. Mashed potatoes, chicken and mac and cheese (all chewed very well) have helped but no idea I'd be so hungry.

Please remember they did not operate on your brain ;) The band is only a piece of plastic. It cannot think or make good food decisions for you. I have been banded almost a year now and I still crave pizza and all the "good" stuff. Please beleive me when I tell you once you see(and feel) the weight comming off the food choices will be easier. The first I bent over to tie my shoes with loosing my breath I almost shouted outloud. Hang in there and good luck