Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tattoo before and afters

I was wondering if anyone has large tattoos that were done before their surgery. I have a pretty big one on my side (used to hide stretch marks) and I'm wondering how it will warp. I'm fairly low BMI, so I'm hoping that it won't look completely crazy later.

I also wanted to know how long before and after the lap band surgery I need to wait until I get that tattoo worked on (its a work in progress). I don't believe it will be in the same area as the surgery scars unless I'm not finding the right photos of people's scars online.

Thanks,

karyn

I asked my Doctor about how long i need to wait until i get my tattoo worked on. He was fine with me doing it 1.5 weeks after my surgery.

He also said i couldn't fly for a week, so i thought i'd mention that since I hadn't heard that before.

Getting surgery on Aug. 2nd & the tattoo on Aug. 13th!

I'll keep a photo record to share since it seems no one else has covered this before... or hasn't had time to post :)

Karyn

Ill keep a record too ! Ive got 12 and im pretty worried up .

So I can maybe sort of answer my experience to your first question.

I used to have 8 tattoos and got them at all different weights. Usually I was 150-160 lbs when I got them.

I had one on my hip that I got at 150 lbs ( after losing 70lbs) but then I gained 60 back. Of course that tattoo didn't look the greatest but it wasnt that bad.

Here are some photos where you can kind of see it

http://alienbanditinkorea.wordpress.com/2010/02/22/home-from-the-hospital-and-photos/ I was 77kg here

http://alienbanditinkorea.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/photos-4-weeks-post-op-tummy-tuck/ I am about 150 lbs(69kg )

Over all my tattoo did well with the gaining and losing. It was sadly cut off because I still had lots of skin where it was.

Anyone got any updates to this? I have a large low back tattoo, but my other large tats are on my calves, which are relatively muscular and aren't harboring much extra weight or skin, so I'm hoping they'll be fine... Please share! (if for no other reason than showing off ink - I love it!)

Sorry, I can't help.. My only tattoo is over my shoulder area.

I too was wondering about this. I have several tattoos and quite a bit of weight to lose. Hoping they don't look like crap afterwards!