Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my god! You all have done so very well. I feel like a complete slacker next to you.

I was banded May 19. I started at 220 and am now down to 207. My weight actually went up a couple of pounds but I lost them. This has been so hard for me. I am a workout fiend and was before I even thought of having surgery. I swim at least 3-4 times a week, hit the treadmill or walk in my neighborhood most other days.

I am just struggling with feeling restriction. I had my first fill in June and was ravenous the week after. I had another fill a couple of weeks ago. But I still cannot get the hang of solid food. Seems like no matter what I eat, I can't drop weight consistently. I know it doesn't help that I had goiters on my thyroid and had to have it removed last year, but this is ridiculous.

I am beginning to seriously regret the surgery and all the pain and discomfort I went through.

Amanda

Oh, Amanda, please don't give up. Sometimes one change makes a difference. When I hit a plateau eating under 500 calories a day (and I was starting to feel weak!), I kicked it up to 800 a day, and started losing again. Everyone is different as far as what works for you. But you certainly have the exercise part down--super good for you! I am walking a little and exercising my arms. Can't bring myself to do much more right now. So you are so much further ahead than I am in such an important aspect of this thing.

The thing that has helped me the most is sticking to eating AT LEAST 80 Protein a day, and drinking at least 64 oz of liquids a day (between meals), and staying around 800 cal a day. I am positive that the Protein is what keeps me from feeing hungry, feeling satisfied with the little meals that I am eating very slowly.

I hope some of these suggestions help. Super good luck. One day you are going to look back on this little glitch and just see it as a little bump in the road. Take care.

I was banded on May 9th and I am down a little over 50 pounds, I got my second fill on 7/21 and doing good so far... Good luck to everyone !

5.5.11 for me :) I've have a total of 7cc's in my 10cc band, 5 total fills. Haven't updated my ticker, but this morning was down to 206 woot woot from 239 starting point (245 was my highest)

Good times keep em' coming!

I was banded on May 9th and I am down a little over 50 pounds, I got my second fill on 7/21 and doing good so far... Good luck to everyone !

A-maz-ing!!! Super congrats!! How on earth did you do that? Continued great success!

Banded May 27th, start wt 207, preop diet 196, now 178. Had one fill, not sure how many cc's didn't ask and kinda don't want to know. But, I feel no restriction. My clothes are loose and I am loving it! I haven't been this weight in over 14 yrs...

May 4th for me! I did not have to do a pre surgery diet just day before; starting weight 225 now down 20.5lbs. I feel like it is going a little slow but am trying not to get discouraged. I have had 1 fill and am going for my 2nd next week. I excersie 4-5 times a week when not traveling. My biggest challenge is I travel 50% of the time and am constantly eating out. I have learned to eat mainly Protein and try to order kids meals but they are not the healthiest choices.

You all have inspired me to not get discouraged! I will up my excercise and start really counting calories and see what happens.

Anne

Hello May Bandsters

Everything going well for me so far. I gained weight on my pre op diet so even though I lost a lot it doesn't feel that way. I was banded on May 28th, didn't get my first fill until July 12th. I have a 4 cc band and I had 2cc's put in. I am feeling restriction and I am steadily loosing 2 pounds per week since fill. Although I can't eat all the things I like and I do get stuck a lot, I am happy with my restriction because I am loosing. I don't know if I need another fill for a while or ever if I keep up the 2 pounds per week.

May 3rd for me! Started pre-op diet at 261, and am now around 219! Haven't lost anything in over a month though, with 3 fills (my third being last week). Congrats to everyone!