Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone else have problems with acne since they were banded. I never had but two pimples my whole life and since I have been banded my face has just gone crazy.help. Anyone else goner through or going.through this.

Not so far its been 6weeks for me......Is it maybe something in your diet causing it :unsure:

Yep, I have always had clear skin until I got banded and started losing weight. I posted about this last year as well. The only answers I got that made sense was my hormones was starting to regulate with the weight loss...I guess it makes sense, since I was never regular and now it comes every month.

I sure used sense and since a lot in that paragraph! Well, it's late!

I don't post much, but wanted to let you know I had the same problem. I can't imagine it had anything to do with my diet per say because I was on liquids. In the beginning though, I think your body is expelling a lot of fat with the intake of liquids. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. I'm 3 weeks post op and seems to have gotten more under control. I washed my face daily and used nutragina (sp?) wipes on my face. Good luck! I know how you feel. I NEVER got pimples, even as a teenager, so I was going crazy!!!!

I just found this today...

[/url]

Common Signs of Weight Loss Acne

It is a   common knowledge  that   acne  is primarily caused by the clogging of tiny skin pores. When the skin has too mush   sebum  or oil, it tends to accumulate more   dirt  and pollutants, which could settle into the   pores  and cause   acne  formation. The main   culprit  is hormonal change in the body. Usually, acne occurs when androgen, or male hormone, levels suddenly rise in both men and women. This explains why   pregnant women  are more susceptible to encountering acne problems.

Some people may assert that weight loss could also prompt formation of acne. This is especially true especially to those who are drop dead serious about drastically losing weight. It is not a far possibility to have the   skin problem  while into a strenuous weight loss program. It would help if you could easily identify common signs of weight loss acne. After knowing that, you can decide which<a title="acne-treatment" href="  http://www.acneassasin.com/tag/acne-treatment/">  Acne   treatment  or regimen to take to curtail and control the situation.

The first and major sign of weight loss acne is breaking out of cystic acne in the facial, neck and back skin. To some people, the extent of such   breakout  could depend on how much weight is drastically lost. There is an apparent and   logical relation  between weight loss and acne breakout. Of course, the more drastic the loss is, the more significant the acne formation is.

When there is weight loss, the skin tends to dry more. This is because as fats loosen up and disappear, the skin tends to sag. It would take some time before   elasticity  gets hold of the situation. For sudden weight loss, dryness of the skin is almost inevitable. You know what happens when the skin dries. The   oil glands  tend to secrete and produce   abundant supply  of oil to naturally curtail dryness. The   oil production  could turn uncontrollable that the skin will be too oily and   accumulation  of   dirt  heightens up.

When there is weight loss, the body is also taking time to cope and adjust to body changes. When there are sudden changes, the body senses the situation as stress.   stress  can also be a main reason for acne formation. The physical body becomes restless,   stress  is increased and the skin suffers and   dries  up.

What to do to   control acne  during drastic weight loss? Actually, the situation will get better over time. When the body finally adjusts to the changes, stress levels will be lowered and eliminated. After some time, the skin will also get back to its normal state and   elasticity  and the   pores  will be adjusting as well. Some huge pores, resulting from weight loss, would start shrinking and possibility of clogging is lowered effectively.

Do you have to stop your weight loss scheme? Definitely not. Weight loss will certainly have a more significant long-term benefit not just in the skin but also in the overall being of the body. It is perfectly okay to lose weight and initially experience acne breakouts. There is no need to fret about it.

I've had more of it too. I have always had some hormone problems though, and I figured that because my hormones were changing due to the weight loss, that's why it was happening. Honestly though, I'd rather have a little acne and lose weight than be fat with no acne, ha ha!

Interesting article! I have noticed a considerable amount since I started losing and it was really bothering me because I am meticulous about washing my face and neck every day.

Wow...I am glad you posted this and the article too. I totally have this issue. Like the original poster, I rarely get acne. This does make sense!

Glad I'm not alone!

OMG yes! I haven't had acne since I was a teenager, except maybe for a zit here and there. Since I was banded I'm breaking out constantly!

Just my two cents...I had it for a few months after I was first banded and now it has cleared up. Would get pimples in weird spots on my face like right in the middle of my cheek. My thinking was it was the surgery and all the medication they put in you...possibly also the weight loss. But for me it has cleared up and gone away...thank goodness! Felt like a teenager there for a while!

Just my two cents...I had it for a few months after I was first banded and now it has cleared up. Would get pimples in weird spots on my face like right in the middle of my cheek. My thinking was it was the surgery and all the medication they put in you...possibly also the weight loss. But for me it has cleared up and gone away...thank goodness! Felt like a teenager there for a while!

I feel so much better. That article was awesome thank you so much. I'm just going to sick it up and get some acne face wash.

Does anyone else have problems with acne since they were banded. I never had but two pimples my whole life and since I have been banded my face has just gone crazy.help. Anyone else goner through or going.through this.

My doctor told me that because I have lost a significant amount of weight, my hormones will be in flux for a while until they figure out how to regulate for a smaller body. I noticed I was getting big pimples on my jaw line (which are usually caused by hormones).

It also could be that since you can't turn to food for comfort (and I don't know if you did this or not), that you are touching your face more and not realizing it?

I only lost twenty pounds and that's all. So why wolds my skin react that way. I for some reason can't loose any more. My weight loss is stalled. I just got my second fill last week abd stil feel no difference.

I am 6 months out. As of today down 76 pounds. My face is super dry and breaking out all the time. Large and ulgy break outs. Any advice out there!!!