Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day!!!

My panni is tomorrow! I am so excited and nervous! I will post pics as soon as I can!!

good luck today!

My panni is tomorrow! I am so excited and nervous! I will post pics as soon as I can!!

Good luck Girl, let us know all the details I am wanting to explore the idea of a Panni myself :D

I hope it went well and you are now resting at home.

Hi:

I'm guessing you're in a world of hurt right now. Chin up and rest up because if you're like me you'll be so glad you did this when you look down and your abdomen doesn't touch your legs!

Congrats!

Sue

Can't wait to hear how it went. I'm curious-- who did you choose as a surgeon? I live in AL and am looking for someone to do breast reduction (now) and a tt when I hit goal. I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of surgeons and have no idea WHO to consult with.

Hi everyone! I made it through and have been recovering at my grandmothers house. I am still really sore, but with each day it gets more tolerable. Luckily I have several friends who have been through it and it helps when I have questions. The worst thing is coughing, OMG! It hurts sooo bad, but I remind myself that it's worth it!

I used Dr. De la torre at UAB. I work there and had heard nothing but good things about him. My experience was very good there. So I do recommend him. He is also the chief of plastics for the university also.

I took a shower yesterday (well I sat in a shower chair and let my hubby wash my hair). I really didnt look at the incision, but hubby said I was really bruised (lipo) and swollen. But I am amazed that I can sit up all day with no pain. It only hurts when I walk. :)

Thanks for all the messages!

Hi everyone! I made it through and have been recovering at my grandmothers house. I am still really sore, but with each day it gets more tolerable. Luckily I have several friends who have been through it and it helps when I have questions. The worst thing is coughing, OMG! It hurts sooo bad, but I remind myself that it's worth it!

I used Dr. De la torre at UAB. I work there and had heard nothing but good things about him. My experience was very good there. So I do recommend him. He is also the chief of plastics for the university also.

I took a shower yesterday (well I sat in a shower chair and let my hubby wash my hair). I really didnt look at the incision, but hubby said I was really bruised (lipo) and swollen. But I am amazed that I can sit up all day with no pain. It only hurts when I walk. :)

Thanks for all the messages!

Quick prayer for your speedy recovery

Well almost 4 weeks out and recovering nicely. Still swollen, but not as bad as I had planned. I still get worn out easily and I havent taken pain medicine (including tylenol) in over a week. scar is healing nicely and luckily I had no stitches to contend with. I would say that in the beginning after the first 3 days the pain starts decreasing by half everyday. Worst part is coughing and sneezing (luckily I was two weeks out the first time I sneezed post op). I go to the Dr. Friday and then should be back at work on Monday.

It has been great going shopping and not looking for shirts that are long enough to cover my belly. I treated myself to buckle a few weeks ago and it was sooo much fun trying on clothes I never thought I would be able to wear. My 20 year reunion is this weekend and I cannot wait!!!

Hope everyone is well! Gonna get my hubby to take after picks tonight.

=)

Shawna

Glad to hear that you are doing so well after surgery. I can tell its wonderful for you because you can't wai !t for that reunion ! I ran into someone from my childhood last weekend I said Hi gave him a hugg and he said he did'nt know who I was .........he said the face was somewhat familiar but the body was not what he remembered at all. So my advice be careful old friends might know who you are ! Have a super time ! :D

Well almost 4 weeks out and recovering nicely. Still swollen, but not as bad as I had planned. I still get worn out easily and I havent taken pain medicine (including tylenol) in over a week. scar is healing nicely and luckily I had no stitches to contend with. I would say that in the beginning after the first 3 days the pain starts decreasing by half everyday. Worst part is coughing and sneezing (luckily I was two weeks out the first time I sneezed post op). I go to the Dr. Friday and then should be back at work on Monday.

It has been great going shopping and not looking for shirts that are long enough to cover my belly. I treated myself to buckle a few weeks ago and it was sooo much fun trying on clothes I never thought I would be able to wear. My 20 year reunion is this weekend and I cannot wait!!!

Hope everyone is well! Gonna get my hubby to take after picks tonight.

=)

Shawna