Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

McD's breakfast.. am I stuck?

This morning I was with my mom and son and they stopped at McDonalds so my son could get a hashbrown. I wasn't bugged by it one bit, usually fast food Breakfast is not my choice of favorite foods. While there though I decided maybe I'd try the inside of a sausage burrito, ok the inside of two... I also took a couple bites of a hash brown. I do NOT miss the grease! YUCK! I took the inside egg of the tortillas and ate it and now I feel like it's stuck and not moving. It doesn't hurt, I don't feel any pain but I feel a little lump just sitting inside. Could this be the start of getting stuck? When you get stuck does it happen right away, the pain?

When I get stuck it happens immediately. I know it 5 seconds after I swallow, and it is painful.

Are you "sliming" ? I always produce an enormous amout of saliva when I get stuck.

I think perhaps you are just too full? If you were stuck, you'd know it!

eggs are a problem for many bandsters. I never try to eat scrambled eggs at a fast food place, I'm afraid they'll be too dry.

Everyone has different pain levels, so it's difficult to say if your feeling of something sitting there would be someone else's pain. If the feeling is really bothering you, you could try a few strategies:

1) drink something .. small sips of room temp or warm Water, or warm tea or hot coffee.. very slowly. If you're truly stuck, the Water and the eggs should come back up. If it's being overly full.. back up. Or sometimes just a little bit of warm Fluid will help whatever it is go on down.

2) chew some papaya enzyme. This sometimes helps things dissolve and move on down.

3) room temp pineapple juice. sips only. works same as papaya.

4) Just give it a little "tincture of time". Sometimes that's all it takes.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes I have this feeling like... I don't know, like a tiny bit of my food is still sitting where my band is and it's just annoying more than anything else. I'd say to have a hot drink and see if it washes it down.

I LOVE reading that you have lost 208 lbs!!!! AMAZING, GOOD FOR YOU! Has it been hard? All done after the band? I'd love to hear your "story".

eggs are a problem for many bandsters. I never try to eat scrambled eggs at a fast food place, I'm afraid they'll be too dry.

Everyone has different pain levels, so it's difficult to say if your feeling of something sitting there would be someone else's pain. If the feeling is really bothering you, you could try a few strategies:

1) drink something .. small sips of room temp or warm Water, or warm tea or hot coffee.. very slowly. If you're truly stuck, the Water and the eggs should come back up. If it's being overly full.. back up. Or sometimes just a little bit of warm Fluid will help whatever it is go on down.

2) chew some papaya enzyme. This sometimes helps things dissolve and move on down.

3) room temp pineapple juice. sips only. works same as papaya.

4) Just give it a little "tincture of time". Sometimes that's all it takes.

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm not sliming or having a lot of saliva, just feeling a lump or a little pressure in my chest. I'm able to drink ok and I keep taking drinks to try and help it. I think perhaps maybe I'm just too full. I think if I do eggs again I'll make my own. =/

When I get stuck it happens immediately. I know it 5 seconds after I swallow, and it is painful.

Are you "sliming" ? I always produce an enormous amout of saliva when I get stuck.

I think perhaps you are just too full? If you were stuck, you'd know it!

Always a good idea to do your own eggs unless its a restraunt instead of fast food. I have trouble with fast food eggs so never do it! That feeling your having is probably a full feeling. its different after your banded. you dont feel overly stuffed but you just have it sitting in your esophgus and its annoying to me more than anything else. I did that for a while and thought i was stuck so i would make myself vomit. turns out i was losing poorly and went to dr he said ""your full! leave it be. lol""

I LOVE reading that you have lost 208 lbs!!!! AMAZING, GOOD FOR YOU! Has it been hard? All done after the band? I'd love to hear your "story".

Thank you.

Majority (all but 2lbs) was after banding. I'll be happy to tell my story, but there's not much to it. I just got the band and followed the doctor's guidelines as best I could (ate lean and green) and moved my body. I don't think it was particularly hard..but I waited till I was really ready for the band, physically, mentally and emotionally. If I wasn't ready in all 3 areas, it would've been harder.

I'll go into more detail later if you like. Right now I have a date with some weights and a bar.. and then a yoga mat. :)

Hope you are feeling less full by now.

If you were stuck there would be NO question about wondering if you were! I had similiar experiences as you when I ate. Sometimes I would feel a little lump in my chest- while it was uncomfortable it was mild to being stuck. I was stuck this past weekend and all I can say is OMG!! It is HORRIBLE. It felt like a large jagged rock was firmly placed in my chest, I slimed and I was panicked. It's almost like the kind of panic you'd have in you were choking. It happened immediately after I ate a shrimp whole.

:o :o Oh my......if I ever finally get banded, this post .....as well as a few others....will sure make me really watch my bite sizes. I sometimes check myself on my bites now and I KNOW that this will be a challenge for me. All the more reason why I should go ahead and get used to it now, huh? I am glad you overcame that episode. :)

If you were stuck there would be NO question about wondering if you were! I had similiar experiences as you when I ate. Sometimes I would feel a little lump in my chest- while it was uncomfortable it was mild to being stuck. I was stuck this past weekend and all I can say is OMG!! It is HORRIBLE. It felt like a large jagged rock was firmly placed in my chest, I slimed and I was panicked. It's almost like the kind of panic you'd have in you were choking. It happened immediately after I ate a shrimp whole.

When this happens you guys don't just throw it back up? I do.

When you get stuck does it happen right away, the pain?

When I have been stuck it just feels like a brick is lying on my chest. And it either works its way down or comes back up. Usually I can "bring it up" myself and have instant relief but I then go easy with mushies for the rest of the day.

You are not even a month out of surgery.... I think that had more to do with it than the eggs but thats my opinion. B) My Dr was pretty strict.... I wasnt on solid foods (the ones you need a knife and fork to eat) until the 4th week post op. so even thinking about eating from McDonalds at that stage wasnt on my brain. That said I usually have no trouble with eggs now however the very few times I have had anything with grease I have regreted it! One time was 2 bites of hash browns @ IHOP! Bad idea. LOL

Best of luck to you! Its a wonderful journey!