Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some people are SO IGNORANT!!!

OMG if I took a bite that big I would be crying in pain! What kind of irresponsible surgeon would put up an ad like that and make people think so negatively of us? I want to call them up right now and yell at them!

OMG if I took a bite that big I would be crying in pain! What kind of irresponsible surgeon would put up an ad like that and make people think so negatively of us? I want to call them up right now and yell at them!

I was thinking the same thing.

The ad gets me more than the ignorant blogger. There will always be naysayers against WLS. They are welcome to their opinions, just as I am welcome to have WLS to better my health.

But show someone stuffing his face and say get the band? Ugh, how low-brow can you get. That's not a medical group I would want to trust my life to.

You are so right! That ad itself is ignorant. I would definitely not use that medical practice.

There is nothing easy about this but some people are so stubborn they will never believe that.

You are so right! That ad itself is ignorant. I would definitely not use that medical practice.

There is nothing easy about this but some people are so stubborn they will never believe that.

I feel sorry for the patients that go to this clinic. What kind of aftercare are they going to get? What sort of expectations will the center tell them to have? "'Come on in, get a band, lose weight. No work, no changes to your diet/life style." Bada boom, bada bing. Done. Let us bill your insurance, now go home.Complications? Yeah, call this number...1800-dontcallme!

I really wonder what demographic they were going after.

tumblr_lo36iqhpqz1qhdsfyo1_r1_400.png

Because you know... we're ALL SO LAZY!

Wow! This is nasty...or we could look at it like "don't hate cause I got the band and you either can't pay for it or your ins told you no" so what if I need help if you don't like it go fly a kite! Don't let stuff lime this bring you down!

All fat people are lazy. I cant eat that much right now and I have not had my surgery yet. Sometimes gentics and other health factors play a major role in obesity. The first mistake was assuming that overweight people are lazy. I had a similar situation with a doctor this past week. He told me to get off my but and get active and I would eventually lose weight and get rid of my diabetes. He obviously was a quack because for one I dont have diabetes, not all overweight people have diabetes and for two I excersise everyday and have done so for the past 7 months and only lost 3lbs. Someone should put up a billboard reading, "Dont ass-u-me, do you your research!"

tumblr_lo36iqhpqz1qhdsfyo1_r1_400.png

Because you know... we're ALL SO LAZY!

I could care less about what people think about me and my band! I am happier than I have been in years and they can't take that away from me! We shouldn't have to defend or explain ourselves...I am very happy with my band! YEA ME!

Heck YEAH! I'm with you!! :D

Lol well this ad is whats wrong... They are showing a man eating lots of food, kindda showing that with the band, you will eat 3 bigmacs and loose weight!!! No wonder ppl dont understand! Not only this, bcuz of ads like this, ppl getting bands dont even understand what the band will do!

And as for the comment, really its just a little retard trying to feel powerfull behind his computer screen.. LOl!

Who cares, lets just block this, most of the time it is just jealous ppl. Funny the only 2 ppl against me getting a lapband were my exs!!!! That says a lot no? 2 guys who left me because of my weight, and now it was hitting them that id be skinny, finally:) hehe!

Sad and miserable ppl can be so mean to try to feel better about themselves.

I think you totally hit he nail on the head when you said that the billboard is very deceptive! NO, we can't eat an entire pizza and this magic band is going to make the fat disappear. Advertising is making the band seem like the easy way out and maybe if they would put the 3 ounce piece of chicken 1/4 cup of veggie on a plate and say "Welcome the the Banded Lifestyle" - people would get it?

The ad is deplorable as it so inacurate. Talk about false advertising. I've only had 2 fills and I have to take incredibly small bites, and sometimes I can't eat at all and will have to wait until I can.

I checked their website out. www.brandsurgical.com There is a place to contact them. We all need to write and complain about that ad. It looks like they are a cosmetic surgery center in L.A.

I may be wrong but I think this AD is computer manipulated by some jerk that's trying to make a point!