Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'M READY TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you! Congrats you will be very successful I am sure

I also think you should consider getting another surgeon. There are many good bariatric surgeons.....and it might be a good thing to go to a different dr. than your husband. Get another opinion and if they do approve you for the surgery you will really be pumped up about it!!!

Good Luck with whatever choices you make and eventually it will happen for you. God Bless You. CAT

I haven't changed surgeons because there are only 2 in our area, the next closest one in about 3 hours away. I checked into it and the surgery center here said it can be near impossible to get a surgeon here to do your fills if he didn't put in your band. That being said, I cant afford to have to make a 6 hour round trip once a month to get fills. :(

Your surgery is still on ,,, right ?????

Let me know!

Shirley.

Wheww... Ok so here is the run down of the past few days. As most of you know I was scheualed for surgery Monday Aug. 29th at 6am. Well yesterday my sergon's office called and said that my surgeon wanted me to come the next morning to get an ultrasound so they could messure my liver and make sure it had shrank enough for surgery, an ultrasound that 2 weeks ago he said there was no need to do!! So I go this morning as soon as they open to get my orders to have the ultrasond, I go have it done (my liver thickness at the lower left lobe was 3.8 I have no idea what a normal liver messures so if you do please feel free to share) the tech tells me that she will send it to the surgeon and his office should get back with me in a couple of hours. So the whole days goes by and about 2 this afternoon I call the office to see what's going on because I have not heard back from them, they tell me if I haven't heard back by 5pm to call them first thing in the morning. It is 7pm now, I have not heard from the office, I do not know if my surgery is Monday or not, and I am STRESSED to the max!! I am so fed up with this surgeon and the whole process for that matter!! "wanting to scream" isn't the half of it!!!!!

Go on the Internet and look p the normal size of a Human Liver.

You call them first thing in the morning, and you want some answers, or go down there. If you have to you show up for that surgery, because it was already scheduled.

Call your Doctor, and get some answers.

Write the questions down, and get some answers.

Your getting prepared for surgery... You need to know.

Shirley.

I am going to call at 8am in the morning when they open. If he gives me any crap tomorrow I am changing surgeons! Tis crap with him started 2 months ago! He told me "lose 20 lbs and you will be ready for surgery", so I lost the 20 lbs and he said I needed to lose 20 more, so I lost 20 more, then he says I still don't think you have lost enough and I said "LOOK I have done everything you have asked and I want my band!!" So he tells me to buy there Protein Shakes ($65 for a weeks supply!!) and do 3 weeks on those and I can have my surgery and he set the date for 8/29/11. The Protein shakes are AWFUL and I have stuck strictly to him and now he pulls this bull crap! I am beyond fed up. You're damn right I want answers AND I WANT MY BAND!!!!!!!! Losing 56 lbs for a fat girl with a lazy thyroid has been beyond difficult! I have worked myself to death, went hungry for weeks, tolerated those horrible shakes that do not do anything for my hunger what so ever, and this surgeon just keeps yanking me around!!!!!

I went to fill centers USA. just to look for a fill place if you get your surgery. only one is in Gadsden 230 miles away----> 4 hr. trip from the Ozark.

If you move on, you get copies of all your records, and you make copies of them for your self. Once you give them to someone, they won't give them back.

So if you have to turn in another set to a different Dr., again a set for them, and a set that's yours. That's a must.......

Let me know how it goes, I'm pulling, and praying for you, Shirley.

Thanks Shirley! I will keep you informed.

Well, I'm ready to scream...FOR JOY! I finally got my band! I had a hernia to be repaired and I'm pretty sore other than that I'm great just happy to have my band. Will update when I'm feeling a little better.

Congrats, I know it's been a long frustrating road for you - I am very happy for you!

Welcome to BandLand ! ! ! :welldoneclap:

:party: :party: :party: :party:

:D :D :D :D Thank you!!! It has been a long rockey road to get here, but I am so happy to finally have made it!! :D :D :D :D

Congrats, just let your body heal from the surgery and don't worry about losing weight for a few weeks (my surgeon said 6 weeks).

Good luck.

Let the fun begin!! Congratsbiggrin.gif

So glad you finally got your band! Its been a struggle for you! And will be worth it Good luck and keep us posted