Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'M READY TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

[

quote name=BamaBrandy' timestamp='1309999058' post='1636260]

Thank you both for the well wishes and advice. I've been doing the 2 shakes and 1 small meal a day for quite a while, then 3 weeks ago i started the Clear liquids. I plan on sticking with the Clear Liquids and living on the treadmill till I shed the next 25, but if you have any better ideas I would sure be glad to listen. :)

Get the Atkins shakes drink 3 a day, and thats it...You will feel like you are dying and starving but by day 3 if you stick to it you will crave no more...I love diet coke and have had 0 since june 3rd. It is soooo hard. I even had my daughters first bday party cake, ice cram pizza pop....NOTHING! I was soooo proud of myself..You can do it!

Thank y'all for the kind words and support. My hubby had his surgery yesterday and is doing wonderful. I am a little envious that I'm not recovering right along side him tho LOL. I did go weigh yesterday while we were at the hospital and I have to say that I am quite disappointed in myself. After a week of one small Small meal a day ( 4oz poultry & a hand full of raw spinach), 2 Atkins shakes a day (1 for Breakfast & another for dinner), going to the gym twice a day, and drinking Water like I am part fish, I have lost half a pound!!! Seriously?! Half a pound?! I don't get it! I want my band more than anything and I am giving it my all but obviously my all isn't good enough. At this rate I will never lose that 25 lbs and get my band.

I want to help you, because I believe I can.... My insurance wouldn't allow surgery for 12 months, so he put me on a 1200 calorie diet.

I am also Hypothyroid, so weight for me is harder to come off. I lost over 100lbs. in a year, and my knees needed replacement, so I did not exercise, because I couldn't. So I was banded, and lost 25lbs. before the surgeon bungled things up.

New Surgeon, and I am off and rolling again.

TIS IS POSSIBLE ! O.K.!

I want to keep in touch,and help you out. "IF YOU WANT THE HELP"

Are you drinking a Protein shake 1x a day at all?

Click on my name, and go to my profile, then click on TOPICS, and my Journal will come up.

Please read this ! It explains what I went through. So I have been there, done it, and doing it again.

So I have the know how, "I AM NOT A DOCTOR !' Just someone that has done this. I know where your

at, and I know it needs to come off in order to be successful at surgery. So you need a helping hand

something your Doctor is not giving you. After all He is paid for the surgery.....

It doesn't matter how you get there,,, as long as you arrive.

Then you and your Husband can do this together in time.

Do you know how much more he wants you to lose? Just asking..

If interested, get back to me, and I will help.

Hope we meet 1/2 way, Shirley.

I know EXACTLY how this goes! I really do. When I first started on my weightloss journey my BMI was too high for the surgery. I was SO PISSED. I thought, "isn't this type of surgery for people like me?" and I felt betrayed and sad and angry all at once; *and* hopeless.

It took me a long time, but I finally got my BMI low enough and was able to get the surgery with a BMI of 50.

I wish I could give you a big HUG....I feel terrible the way that surgeon handles the consultation. Time to go about this on your own. Find a different surgeon maybe? You're OWN surgeon? This way you won't have to be forever compared and feel like you have to walk the harder road. They do say that men lose weight easier so trust me, it's not anything YOU did wrong or that he can lose weight better because he's better at it. It's just the man's metabolism.:)

Write back and let me know how things are going. Please. I just had my lap band surgery and I am by myself....I do have two teenage sons (awesome kids) but my husband died in March. I could use a friend, too...

Jenine

I also think you should consider getting another surgeon. There are many good bariatric surgeons.....and it might be a good thing to go to a different dr. than your husband. Get another opinion and if they do approve you for the surgery you will really be pumped up about it!!!

Good Luck with whatever choices you make and eventually it will happen for you. God Bless You. CAT

i was banded in 2008, its been a nightmare!! landed in the hospital twice, the doctor choi didnt care, he left me there to suffer! he is the one who over filled me, nothing but a quack, now they want more money to remove the dumb thing!! nightmare from hell!!never go to strax in south florida, iim now 35k in debt for hospital bills, im tryin to find a lawer,i would not wish this on anybody! i also lost my job becouse of it, food gets stuck all the time!! i need it removed!!! HELP ME.

You need to find another Dr.... I went threw a very similar situation, so I know what your talking about. I did a post on here titled I want this piece of Garbage taken out !

After I posted it, a Hospital called me up, and said we are going to accept you as a patient, and have a appointment for you For a Fill done under Fluoroscope, or Revision surgery if necessary.

It turned out all the problems with the band were do to bad aftercare. There was nothing wrong with the band, and I was stuck too, all the time.

They filled me to my fill line, and it works !

So you have to have your records, and your Post Op Notes (these are very important!) Also make copies, because a lot of Doctors will say that they will not touch someone else's mistake ! THAT"S EXPECTED !

It will take you some time, but eventually someone will take you in, and check you out, and straighten you out.

You asked for help ! That's the best help that I know of. So Good Luck with your research, and I wish you well.

Shirley.

Hello All!! Just wanted to touch base with those of you who have been following this thread. Thank you all for the support and kind words!! Right now I am just working hard and following my diet to try to get these lbs off by the 8th when I see the surgeon again. What he tells me on the 8th will determine if I will find another surgeon or not. If he says I've lost enough to get my band well then he can give it to me and if he says I haven't lost enough well then I will seek a second opinion. :) Trying to stay positive and focused!!

You just keep Faith, and Plugging along.

It doesn't matter how you get there, just as long as you arrive.

Hello All!! Just wanted to touch base with those of you who have been following this thread. Thank you all for the support and kind words!! Right now I am just working hard and following my diet to try to get these lbs off by the 8th when I see the surgeon again. What he tells me on the 8th will determine if I will find another surgeon or not. If he says I've lost enough to get my band well then he can give it to me and if he says I haven't lost enough well then I will seek a second opinion. :) Trying to stay positive and focused!!

Hey Girl,

Good to hear you are staying positive. That is the best thing you can do. Now what I can do for you is to pray for you that it all come together for you. Just so you know I just don't pray for just anyone...lol.

Hang in there girl. Never give up on what you want !!

Take Care Of YOU!!

Mary

I went to the Dr for a check up yesterday, check out my ticker LOL down 8 more lbs!!! I meet the surgeon again Tuesday, I'm praying he will OK me for surgery. Say a prayer for me guys!! I will keep you all posted! :D

Wooo Hooo ! You go girl...

I finally got my surgery date!!!!! I will be banded on Aug. 29th!!! I am beyond excited. My surgeon was a bit of a jerk at our last meeting, after him telling me what I had to lose to get my band I lost it and then he still didn't want to do surgery!! He Say's "I think you need to lose another 15-20 lbs" Keep in mind I've lost 46lbs already. I just flat out told him "look, I have done EVERYTHING you have told me to do and I want my band! Either you can do it or someone else will!" He acted a little taken back, but I got my surgery date. If it weren't for the fact of this surgical center being the only one around for a couple hundred miles that does this type of surgery I surly would have taken my business else where, but I don't want to have issues getting fills close to home if I leave this surgery center. I am on all liquid (up to 5 Protein Shakes a day and nothing else) diet from now until my surgery date, but that is fine by me!! I am just so ready to get my band!! This process has taken a year!!

You go Girl ! I new you could do it ! ! ! Congrats ! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Shirley.

:cheers2:

Congratulations on getting your surgery day. With as hard as you have worked to lose those 46 pounds I predict that you will be very successful with the lap band.

Good luck.