Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am really ticked off!and ripped off!!!

Francessca I'm really not sure what to say or make you feel any better.... But we are all deffinatly here for you and I hope that knowing you have us on LBT to come to is comforting to you!!!(((((((((HUGS)))))))

I would feel the same way as you esp with the payments. I am not yet banded so I can not give you any advice but I do feel you you. :cry

Francesca, while I don't have any words of wisdom to offer, know that I am thinking of you. You have every right to be pissed off. I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost my band .. but I know the scale would start moving up.

Francesca..Thaks you for posting this..I have been thinking about you alot lately as well as Penni and Lisa..

I have noticed a huge increase in my appetite this past 2 weeks ..it sucks! I just ordered some diet pills (hoodia is what it is called

Here is some info on it if you are interested. I have heard great things about it, it has been showcased on both 60 minutes and the today show. I will let you know how they work

If Iam not mistaken Dr. Ortiz told me that if I wanted to be rebanded all I had to pay for was the cost of the hospital..as much as I would love to be rebanded Iam scared oferoding again even tohuigh he says the chances are even smaller the 2nd time around due to the scar tissue from this first band.

Just know Francesca you are not alone I think all 4 of us are dealing with the same emotions and hunger..I say we all get together in Vegas and have a huge bitch session

Love you girl and I'm here for you call me when you are struggling we can help eachother. Call anytime

Francesca..Thaks you for posting this..I have been thinking about you alot lately as well as Penni and Lisa..

Just know Francesca you are not alone I think all 4 of us are dealing with the same emotions and hunger..I say we all get together in Vegas and have a huge bitch session

Love you girl and I'm here for you call me when you are struggling we can help eachother. Call anytime

Hey Michelle ROADTRIP!!!! I will come and pick you up and then we can drive to pick up Francesca and then drive to VEGAS. LOL!!! I gotta break in my new car. LOL!!! Sorry I am just so excited about it.

Francesca I am feeling your pain. You, Michelle, Lisa, and I should all make a trek to TJ and picket outside both Lopez and Ortiz offices. Demand a refund on our bands.

Love ya girl

PS: I was told I could get rebanded in 6 months. Will I? Only if insurance covers it (which it most likely won't). But I am gonna get a shot at Biggest Loser so I won't need a band in 6 months. Hey I gotta have a positive attitude.

It seems this should be a product liability issue...the way I see it, Inamed owes it to pt's to make sure the product is not being misused; if a dr. has had several erosions, that points to surgical technique, and they should reconsider distributing their band to problem dr.s. What does the FDA have to say about this? Where is Inamed headquarters? They would be regulated by the consumer affairs division of that state.

Francesca, I can't begin to imagine your grief/anger. Definately write to Ortiz and tell him what you are going thru. You should not still be making loan payments on a product/procedure that is no longer useful to you. It's as if you bought a tv on layaway and it broke...

thank you everyone!!! I am still pissed... lol

Penni, the biggest looser... I want to be on that show!!!!!!!! take me with you

Francesca, this is my worst fear. The surgery is sooo expensive. Then I read about erosions and I have nightmares. I need to stop worrying about erosion and just get on with living my life, but I fret.

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Hell, I'd get an attorney, too. You've got a lot of money at stake.

Best of luck to you.

Francesca,

Hi there! I was wondering how you were doing since the erosion. I know I would be sooo mad at Dr.Ortiz if mine eroded on me. :cool: Did he offer to reband you at a discount? He should do it for free I would think. I have him too and now i am getting worried about the "what if's" down the road. This really concerns me...I would be interested to learn what and if anything he has said/done to help you through this. Good luck to you.

~Liz~

banded 03/10/06

Dr.Ortiz

241/201/150

5'7''

I'd be mad, too. That is my fear since I had my surgery in Mexico. If I have a complication I am screwed! It isn't fair. I am so sorry that this happened to you.

Wow, I sit back and read all the mistakes made.. It is soooo scary. I would really like to know if anyone here does have a Mexican Attorney, And if they really plan on doing something about these complications? I also would like to know if the law still stands about only having a year after malpractice complication, to be able to sue? I really think we should all join together and fight . A battle is alot easier to win with a army, than alone...! If it is almost impossible to sue, then why not really get them were it hurts.. "National t.v.?" I think we would all have great storys, and possibly help others..

Just a thought... I dont know anything about Mexican law and they all practice medicine in Mexico... But I read somewhere that Ortiz lives in San Diego...Civil Suit? So sorry to hear about you... I would be pissed too!!!!

Francesca,

Maybe the BioEnterics Intragastric Balloon would be an option for you? It's by the makers of the lapband, but I don't know if it's FDA approved yet. The way it works is a ballon is placed/replaced in the stomach non-surgically at 6-month intervals. It sounds promising and here's a link for anyone interested in doing more reading on the subject:

http://www.allerganandinamed.com/pdf/health/94211C_BIB_Tarpon_Springs_Brochure_Intl.pdf#search='gastric%20balloon'

Francesca,

Maybe the BioEnterics Intragastric Balloon would be an option for you? It's by the makers of the lapband, but I don't know if it's FDA approved yet. The way it works is a ballon is placed/replaced in the stomach non-surgically at 6-month intervals. It sounds promising and here's a link for anyone interested in doing more reading on the subject:

http://www.allerganandinamed.com/pdf/health/94211C_BIB_Tarpon_Springs_Brochure_Intl.pdf#search='gastric%20balloon'

I talked to Don Mills from Inamed when he was in Seattle in Feburary about the Gastric Balloon. He says it is VERY dangerous unless you live REALLY close to your doctor.

To the OP do you have a link to your whole story on what happened to you? There are a lot of reasons for erosions and I am not clear how your erosion is Dr. Ortiz's fault. Was your band improperly placed? or was it directly linked to a port infection? or just bad luck?

I am NOT arguing with you in any way but rather I am asking questions so I can learn more.

To have an erosion is my biggest fear. My port broke and in the two months I was unrestricted before I got it fixed I gained 18 pounds.

Best wishes to you and I hope someday you can be rebanded.

Jamie

Francesca,

Go ahead and vent. Get the anger out, then collect yourself and come up with a new "game plan" for yourself.

You are serious about your own health, otherwise you would have not made the huge commitment to have WLS.

Go back to researching what your new options are. Seek them out with an open mind, and know that you have a support system on LBT.

((Hugs))