Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings to all!

Here is a place for us to meet up after our surgeries for more specific post-op discussions. Hope to see everyone here!

Greetings to all!

Here is a place for us to meet up after our surgeries for more specific post-op discussions. Hope to see everyone here!

Nice! I was hoping it would be continued from the other forum.

Any pre-oppers, we have a super awesome thread going in the pre-op area. That's where all of the good action is right now. If you haven't found us yet, here is the direct link. Shauna has a running list of everyone who is being banded by their surgery dates :) Pop over and check it out.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/131097-any-july-2011-banders/

Greetings to all!

Thanks for starting the thread--and be sure to post here asap after your own surgery! Tell the rest of us how you're doing. :)

REPOST FROM PRE-OP BOARD

Greetings from the other side of the banding journey!! I am home from the surgery which took place at 8:30 this mroning. All in all, REALLY not bad. I don't know if my pain is on a lower level because the surgeon used the same incision sites from my gall bladder removal, but I CAN say that I have only taken the liquid vicadin once since I have been home. I was not nauseous after I woke up but I tend to respond pretty well under general anesthesia. They had me up and walking within a few hours and sent me home with orders to come back in 7-10 days to meet with the nurse about my incisions and to have an esophogram before that appointment. I don't look forward to chugging more barium but apparently I will be having a lot of esophograms because that is part of the annual physical now to make sure that the band is doing well. I am able to drink my clear broth and juice and Water without any issues as well. Again, don't know if that is because I am taking sips or because I am just responding well to the band, but it is comforting!

As far as the gas issues I have seen others have after surgery, I have not had any pains at all. I find that weird so I expect that it will kick in tomorrow. I did bring a pillow with me to hold against my stomach in the car on the way home and that was a huge help, so I recommend it to everyone.

That's all for now! Have a good night :)

Nechama L - so glad to hear that things went well for you!! I promise to post as soon as I can tomorrow. Surgery is at 12PM.

Amy

Nechama- I hope to be able to post as quickly as you did after my surgery. Surgery time is at 7:30am this morning. :bananajump:

back from my surgery which was scheduled at 10:45...not loopy, able to walk around a bit, hate having to pee every few minutes, the incisions don't hurt except for the one by the port...it does hurt when i laugh or cough cause the port hurts, and my throat is really sore from the intubation...so far no shoulder pain or gas problems, but my neck hurts probably from how they placed me during surgery...so far, all i have had is Water and it is going down okay, i am gonna try some broth next...overall, i think i will make it :)

Had a great surg experience. The staff was awesome and i felt at ease! I will post more later but wanted to thank you all for the nice words. My surg started a 12pm and I was out by 3pm and home at 3:30. Im eating ice chips like crazy because my mouth is super dry. No sore throat though. Look forward to hearing from the other 8 peeps from today! Amy

Congrats all! I am happy to hear that your experiences have been so positive!

Kay, you and I are scheduled to be banded on the same day :) We should keep in touch!

good to hear amy! am now having a lot of shoulder pain, is it supposed to be on both sides, and the incision is paining too, so just took my pain meds...probably will go to sleep early with that tonight!

Excellent!!

I was banded in June. I lost 10 pounds the first two weeks after surgery. I haven't lost a pound since. My first fill is next Thursday. I'm eating real food now, but often have pain - like the food is stuck. I'm worried that the pain will get even worse after my first fill. I was expecting more of a "full" feeling rather than straight out pain when eating. Is the pain due to recovery from surgery or is this what having a Band is about?

I was banded June 7th surgery was a success .. I had my first fill today .. Was terrified but didn't hurt.. I'm down 22 pounds but still feel like it should be more