Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some help from the ladies, please?

:update:

Joy has "fibrous tumors" within her uterus. The doctor did a hysteroscopy (sp). He used a scope to look inside. He took a couple of biopsy samples to test. From his experience, none of them looked cancerous. Prognosis is continue as is or have a hystorectomy some time down the road. He said she looked like a good candidate for a "vaginal" hystorectomy, done under a spinal and a sedative.... MsJoy says she's not ready for more surgery at this time...

(side note) When informed of her band, he wanted to know if she had the one that was self adjustable. This question came just after Joy tried to give him a copy of the Inamed information page about her band. But he informed her that he "knew" about the band.....*sigh*

I'm so glad that the doctor was able to diagnose what is wrong and that he doesn't think that they look cancerous. We will continue to pray that the test on the biopsies come back negative. Please keep us updated!

Kendra

I am so sorry to hear this. I went through almost the same thing 2 years ago. My PCP was more concerned about his golf game and getting HIS nails done than about what I was really telling him - something was wrong.

He told me to exercise, lose weight and ALL my problems would go away! *sigh* 5 doctors and 2 surgeries later, I found out I had non cancerous tumors (similar to your wife) uterine polyps, Endometrosis and Adenomyosis, which I was put on 4 months of chemical therapy.

If anyone hasn't had this, DON"T do it - I was a normal sane (ok almost sane) woman that did not get the monthly "crazies" as my daughter and some friends get.

When they convinced me to be put on the meds first, my symptoms; severe bleeding and pain got worse - change meds - start over; until I told them no more.

My ins BCBS of Florida requires a certain amount of meds before they will even consider a hysterectomy; unless you have cancer of some kind.

Alot of research I have done corelates being overweight with many female problems, as well as the other problems it can cause; so it bewilders me why insurance companies do not cover WLS or any type of programs here in FL.

Just a thought if the DR wants to put your wife on meds first - RUN - LOL j/k I can sympathize and glad she had a DR to listen to her, it took me a year of changing dr's monthly to finally find one who didn't use the old just lose weight cop out.

GL

Kendra, thank you so much for the prayers. I believe that some of them have already been answered.

GL, her doc had more of a "wait and see" attitude than I was expecting. And he didn't say anything about meds until AFTER the hysterectomy. I'm pretty sure that Joy is going with the "wait and see".....for now.

:clap2::update: :clap2: I had to wind up calling the doctor's office myself because they had faxed Joy's biopsy results to the little clinic here in our town...which isn't open but on Thursdays, people. (straigntening my clothes back out...) The nurse told me that they found NO ABNORMAL CELLS !!!!!:( Thank God it only took them 11 days to get the information to me...Joy has only lost HALF of her mind worrying about it.:eek: SHEESH!!!

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Even if we had known what it was, you still get the woolies worrying about it and being able to share and get your feedback made it so much easier. Thank you.....

So glad to hear that it's not more serious than what it is. I bet Joy had all kinds of things racing through her mind....yours too. The Lord is good indeed and He does answers our prayers!! Take care of each other and keep us posted.