Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cost of Male Cosmetic Surgery

I know we have thrown around the topic of what men thought of plastic surgery after weight loss. I want to know if you have had or thought of having a precedure:

What did you have done and how much were the expenses?

I am about to schedule a consultation to find a surgeon and hope to have it completed by the end of the year.

well, depends on what the doc charges and what he or she can get insurance to pay for. Tummy tucks run around 10k-12k. I havent even gotten my band yet. I will need and tummy and breast job. Good luck. Hope u can get it for free and look awesome.

well, depends on what the doc charges and what he or she can get insurance to pay for. Tummy tucks run around 10k-12k.

My insurance did not pay for the band. I got a great deal in the US and paid only $10,700 for my band...TOTAL. Not to mention the care has been more than I ever expected in terms of service.

I have about $12k saved for what I thought would be a Tummy Tuck, arm lift, and back lift. Looks like I might need to keep on saving!

I googled the price of tummy tucks just so I had an idea of what I should be saving and I found a site that said the average TT is $3,700-$6,500. I'm sure that doesn't cover all the little extras like testing and such they add in... But insurance should cover that, right?

Most insurance copmpanies will cover the removal of excess stomach skin if that tissue results in severe rashs so as you are losing weight and if you develope skin issues (rashes, fungal infections) have your surgeon document it so that you have a paper trail to support your claim. When you are near your goal consult a qualified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, avoid cosmetic surgeons unless your Bariatric Surgeon knows him/her and can recommend him/her wo/reservations. The insurance company will require you to stay at goal for a period of time to see if you will be stable long term. (that time varies among the carriers) There are two surgeries generally done:

1) Panectomy or removal of excess stomach fat and skin wo/ abdominal wall muscle tightening and which does not usually include repositioning of the belly button or removal of pubic fat pad.

2)Tummy tuck for removal of excess stomach fat and skin w/ abdominal wall muscle tightening (if needed) and the repositioning of the belly button. Some doctors will include the removal of excess pubic fat pad.

In addition many long term overweight males may find the penis and testicles partially or completely encapsulated by a pubic fat pad 5 or more centimeters thick. This often requires surgical removal to free the trapped genetalia. For younger males trying to have children this is very important as such trapping can increase tempreture to the testes making them infertile.

Some insurance companies will only pay for the panectomy (if covering at all) others will pay for either one. Most other areas of the body with residual skin post weight loss would most certainly be considered cosmetic and probably not covered.

In regard to costs it is unfortunately whatever the market will bear and that depends on the region you live in, the number of doctors performing this service and the degree of compitition in the market area for those self pay services.

I spent about a year planning and interviewing plastic surgeons. The cheapest I found was about 9,000 for a base Tummy Tuck to several that charged 22,000 for an extended tummy tuck. I ended picking a surgeon who charges 12,500 based on his skills, approach and the recommendation of another lap band talk guy. Scheduled for September 22!

Hi,

I am scheduled for a Body Lift and also work under the arms to tighten my chest on Nov 1st. Cost $12K

Not as bad as I was thinking. I am trying to loose some more weight before the surgery, would like to get to 225 to 230.

Dr says their is about 10/lbs of skin and fat that he would remove.

Just got back from vacation and that put me up 8lbs so have more to loose but back on track.

Take Care

Rosstheboss

I know we have thrown around the topic of what men thought of plastic surgery after weight loss. I want to know if you have had or thought of having a precedure:

What did you have done and how much were the expenses?

I am about to schedule a consultation to find a surgeon and hope to have it completed by the end of the year.

I heard if u worked out and took the weight off slow u wouldn't have to have the Tt. I'll just be glad to get weight off

I heard if u worked out and took the weight off slow u wouldn't have to have the Tt. I'll just be glad to get weight off

It's true that taking it off slowly helps BUT the longer you were over weight the less like things are going to look good after you drop 100+ pounds. after dropping the weight it's as much a mental as it is working out and eating right. Plastics have helped greatly with the mental part of the loss.