Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need to vent.....

I just got back from follow up. Had surgery 4/18...High Expectations but not unrealistic, let me be clear on that.

Frustrated, confused and disgusted. I try, I really do. I'm not perfect and I'll admit it but I try. 2 pounds in 4 weeks, not a happy dance result.

I said to the PA who keeps tell me that I need to get under 1100 calories... "I could have suffered through 1100 calories without getting surgery" - - I know I have this "Tool" but I thought your tools were supposed to help you. If I need help building a house I need a hammer and it doesn't do the work for me but makes it a little easier than ramming a nail in with my head. Well everyone, my head is really sore cuz my tool isn't helping me.

I am struggling with this 1100 calories and honestly am not maintaining this count daily because I'm hungry often! I don't gorge but I'm eating more than 1100 calories a day. I'm doing great with my Protein so I know that it is not lack of "Protein"...get more Protein. I'm hungry two hours after I eat. I wait, and wait, and wait...yep, still hungry. I make better choices and like I said I'm not perfect so I'm okay with not losing 2 or 3 pounds a week like someone who was really strick would probably be doing. I'm good with it because I know there are things I can do better....BUT, I have made huge changes in my life and am proud of those changes. Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

SHe gave me another .5cc today so I'm hoping that helps. 4.5 cc in my Realize 11 cc band...we'll see how it goes. I'm NOT expecting miracles, and I'm working to change my life and doing well, but man, I wish this "tool" would help me out a little. I'm really stuggling and loosing my motivation. I thought this would be my friend, and really help me. I know, I know....it takes time, maybe more fills.....I know in my head all these answers but it doesn't make my heart any less sad and any less discouraged. The bright side is that Yes, I've lost more weight than I would have without the band but that is only because I'm really trying.

Thanks for listening....sometimes a vent just makes me feel better.

Keep your chin up and keep at it. Venting does help. I'm not going to offer advice, as my advice is all in your "I know" parts. So just keep your chin up and keep at it! We will all be successful, just some of us slower than others! :)

I'm just sending you support, and compassion. First of all, yes, you got the band to help you. If it's not helping yet, it's SO discouraging. I don't think 1,100 calories is enough, personally, but listen to your doctor!

I really hope your fill helps you get to the point that you don't feel like you're fighting so hard.

I realize that not everyone will agree with my saying this, but here is my .02...

I think it's well and good that our NUTs and PAs give us advice about what to eat, how many calories, etc but this is really a personal journey. What works for me may not work for someone else. Rather than trying to stay within the calorie/protein/carb range they gave you, why don't you try some different things and see what works for you? Try raising your calories a bit, lowering your carbs, increasing your Protein...small "tweaks" can get things moving again.

You don't say if you track your food, but I find this to be very helpful. When my weight loss has slowed down I can look back at my food journals (I use myfitnesspal.com) and see what changed in my diet. During a recent stall, I looked back and realized that my Protein levels had dropped...most surgeon's suggest 60g per day but mine wants 80-120g per day which I was doing at the beginning but I looked back and could see that my protein was averaging 60-70g so I made a conscious effort to increase my protein simply by substituting my normal Breakfast with a Protein shake and it made a huge difference.

Yes, this band is a tool but many of us aren't given a complete instruction manual on how to use it. This isn't a tool that you can do steps A, B, and C and get results...you need to work with it to figure out how to get the best results.

Good Luck!

U need to figure out how many calories bring the scale down, no one can specifically tell u your number cause everyone is different. And keep getting your fills and following the guidelines, the hunger should become less noticeable as fills continue to tighten your band.

I will give a little bit of advise. unjury makes a unflavored Protein powder that you can mix in stuff and it makes you stay full. I am on liquids right now but I add it to my Soup and it really helps. Maybe that will help you to stay under the 1100 mark.

Good Luck

Theresa

I just got back from follow up. Had surgery 4/18...High Expectations but not unrealistic, let me be clear on that.

Frustrated, confused and disgusted. I try, I really do. I'm not perfect and I'll admit it but I try. 2 pounds in 4 weeks, not a happy dance result.

I said to the PA who keeps tell me that I need to get under 1100 calories... "I could have suffered through 1100 calories without getting surgery" - - I know I have this "Tool" but I thought your tools were supposed to help you. If I need help building a house I need a hammer and it doesn't do the work for me but makes it a little easier than ramming a nail in with my head. Well everyone, my head is really sore cuz my tool isn't helping me.

I am struggling with this 1100 calories and honestly am not maintaining this count daily because I'm hungry often! I don't gorge but I'm eating more than 1100 calories a day. I'm doing great with my Protein so I know that it is not lack of "Protein"...get more protein. I'm hungry two hours after I eat. I wait, and wait, and wait...yep, still hungry. I make better choices and like I said I'm not perfect so I'm okay with not losing 2 or 3 pounds a week like someone who was really strick would probably be doing. I'm good with it because I know there are things I can do better....BUT, I have made huge changes in my life and am proud of those changes. Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

SHe gave me another .5cc today so I'm hoping that helps. 4.5 cc in my Realize 11 cc band...we'll see how it goes. I'm NOT expecting miracles, and I'm working to change my life and doing well, but man, I wish this "tool" would help me out a little. I'm really stuggling and loosing my motivation. I thought this would be my friend, and really help me. I know, I know....it takes time, maybe more fills.....I know in my head all these answers but it doesn't make my heart any less sad and any less discouraged. The bright side is that Yes, I've lost more weight than I would have without the band but that is only because I'm really trying.

Thanks for listening....sometimes a vent just makes me feel better.

Hi Slm2007, it's a good thing that you were able to vent. I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time, but baby steps

to changing around routines will make a difference trust me. Are you working out? Maybe..try to bump up work out routines .

I'm averaging a 1-2 lbs per week depending on how healthy I eat. The band will work for you. It will take some time. Best wishes!

I agree on the excersise. It is a huge piece of the puzzle. Tracking your food may also be helpful. You may want to concentrate on eating the right foods, even if your portions are larger than they will be once you have restriction. Hang in there, it will come. Good luck!

I am so sorry you are struggling so much. I hope that in coming days you will be able to get a jump on your weight loss. I am in the first few weeks of banding and just learning how to listen to my body. One thing I have discovered is that drinking my Water really helps. I have even mistaken being "starved" for being thirsty. I guess I never gave my body enough credit to really tell me what it needs. In the past I would quickly "medicate" myself with food. And, as we all know...that didn't turn out so great.

I will be sending "thin thoughts" your way and I hope you will continue to fight for your weight loss! You are worth it!!!

I am so sorry you are struggling so much. I hope that in coming days you will be able to get a jump on your weight loss. I am in the first few weeks of banding and just learning how to listen to my body. One thing I have discovered is that drinking my Water really helps. I have even mistaken being "starved" for being thirsty. I guess I never gave my body enough credit to really tell me what it needs. In the past I would quickly "medicate" myself with food. And, as we all know...that didn't turn out so great.

I will be sending "thin thoughts" your way and I hope you will continue to fight for your weight loss! You are worth it!!!

I can totally understand where you are coming from! We need to remember though that weight loss is not a perfect 1-2 lbs per week all of the time... I find that I often have 2 week plateaus and then will drop 3-5 lbs and then back to nothing I go. When I get super frustrated I look back, waaayyy back, to before I started my preop diet and sometimes that helps me realize how far I've come. I usually joke about how much per pound my surgery has cost thus far! lol

Do you have a lot of weight to loose or are you on the lower spectrum? People who have less weight to loose will loose it slower. Hang in there! Track your calories everyday, I usually give myself a day every couple of weeks when I just take the "day off", and get to the gym :)

It took me 7 months to get restriction! I am a slow loser. Even during bandster hell I stayed at around 1200 calories. Very conservative diet low cal/fat/carbs. I exercise 7 days week/an hour of cardio and I am losing at 1 pound a week or less.

I have 6cc in my band so it's very possible that you don't have enough in your band. I had good restriction at 5ccs better now with 6ccs. Also remember to check and see if you are having head hunger or body hunger and stop eating when you are satisfied and don't wait for full.