Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I am scheduled for Aug 25th my birthday gift to myself. Hopefully insurance will approve in time. I start on liquids in the AM. I have lost 100's of pounds like the rest of you only to gain it all back. I am 53 and a healthy 300+ lbs but I have been very fortunate not to have any real health problems. Good Luck to all and I will check back soon.

I'm at the surgery center waiting right now, my scheduled time is an hour away, aaaack!

Good luck and let us know when you are out safely. Yay you!! biggrin.gif

I'm at the surgery center waiting right now, my scheduled time is an hour away, aaaack!

Hi ladies! I have my preop stuff tomorrow morning and have surgery scheduled for August 24th and I am so excited!!!

I'M BANDED..................I went to hospital at 10:00am and surgery started at 11:11am. When I was in the OR I was so nervous that a few tears fell, but the last thing I remember was the scrub tech rubbinbg my shoulder and telling me everything was going to be ok, and that she also had the lapband in April and has lost 60lbs, that was the last thing I remember. Next I keep hearing my recovery nurse and my mom saying I need to wake up, I would say 1 word and drift back off (LOL). I went to take an UGI (contrast horrible), waited for those results, and then drank 30cc of Water. After that I was released I don't have a time stamp for all that, but I made to my home at 4:46pm. I have little pain, no gas or shoulder pain so far. I have driven (I know I shouldn't have), gone to store, and I'm home alone with by two boys. Overall, thus far pretty good experience........I will let ya'll know how I feel tomorrow. I'm open for any questions and advice.:rolleyes:

FINALLY!!!! After a year of appointments, evaluations, and waiting I get my band on Aug 29th!!!!!!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!! I am beyond excited!!!

Good Morning, Thank you MsLady for getting back to us so fast-I'm so encouraged about the procedure now. I can't believe you drove already!!!

Peps, I finally have the name of the protein-Body Fortress Super advanced whey protein-you shouldn't have any troulble finding it. The hemp hearts are the inside of a hemp seed, High in Protein, high in Omega 3, 6,and 9-heart healthy, and a very good anti inflammatory- all natural. Can only be bought at health food stores and online. I only use Bob's RedMill brand cuz some of the other brands have too many shells, the outer coating of the seed. They tast great and have provided much needed relief from Constipation and Migraine headaches.

I'm one day closer to my date-Aug 18- seems like the days are dragging. I want it now!!!HW

Good Morning, Thank you MsLady for getting back to us so fast-I'm so encouraged about the procedure now. I can't believe you drove already!!!

Peps, I finally have the name of the protein-Body Fortress Super advanced Whey protein-you shouldn't have any troulble finding it. The hemp hearts are the inside of a hemp seed, High in Protein, high in Omega 3,6,and 9-heart healthy, and a very good anti inflammatory- all natural. Can only be bought at health food stores and online. I only use Bob's RedMill brand cuz some of the other brands have too many shells, the outer coating of the seed. They tast great and have provided much needed relief from Constipation and Migraine headaches.

I'm one day closer to my date-Aug 18- seems like the days are dragging. I want it now!!!HW

Good morning HW,

Thanks for the info on the Protein Powder. I'll definitely give it a try. Is there a certain website where you order the help hearts? Thanks again!

Peps

Well after being told by insurance that it's an exclusion this year(they forgot to put up the new benefits information on their website, whoops), my wife and I switched to self pay.

That being said, Aug 30 is my day, not even a normal banding day for my surgeon, but since my wife and I are going to do this together he added me on an off day.

My wife is being banded 2 weeks later on Sept 13.

Hi Peps, I buy the hemp hearts at the health food store-I checked online and the shipping was outrageous for the Bob's Redmill products. Is there a HF Store near you? I live in a small town, and surprisingly we have a good hf store close by.

Anxiously awaiting word from Caryn and MSLady about how you feel today-praying all is well.

Welcome to miss joli, Bama brandy, bucnurse and Josh. How great Josh that you and your wife are going through this together! Must feel good to be supportive and ecxited together. I haven't told anyone outside my husband, and thd child care provider for the day of the procedure. Just not happy with the opinions people were giving during my research phase.

My pre-op is Monday the 15th, and will find out about inpatient vs. outpatient. The receptionist said inpatient, my insurance said outpatient. I do NOT want to stay all night! Sounds like Ms lady was feeling pretty well and didn't need to stay all night. I think I will rest better at home. HW

I'm BACK!!!! Banded and feeling good!

Went to hospital at 6 am surgery was around 8am, it was a lil waiing but they rolled me in and kinda sureal laying there for 5 min debating what am I doing? why did I let my weight get so outta control, why am I having this surgery kinda feeling, ya know. The anesthesiologist (sp?) said this will make you sleepy. I said good ive been up since 3:40am...I was O-U-T in a few seconds. I woke up and kept staying up and nodding back out. I could not kep my eyes open. So surgery was at 8, was in recovery by 9:30 and in room at 11am but couldnt remember a thing. The anethesia really knocked me on my ace. I was on/off until about 6pm where I was up until 12. They had me walking every 2-3 hrs. even thoughout the night, so NO sleep. I had a good routine of waking up, going to urinate, doing my walks and getting back into bed to sleep. This morning I felt better, no groggy feeling. I went to radiologist and had to drink something, was cleared. back to room for 15 min, then off to physical therapy. they made me practice lying in bed and walk a small flight of stairs. No problema. Back to room for 20 min. Dr came in asked questions, checked incision and cleared. Home i already took a small nappy and finding the incision sight sore. I had some chicken broth umm good. just resting up and trying to take it easy. Good luck all who went AND those that still have to go. Its not bad and just know you body and listen. I was not prepared for the anethesia and its effects, were all different but take it easy and enjoy. No REGRETS!!!! Cara :D

Congrats to all the new bandsters!

Mine was last night, they didn't get to me until about 630 ish I think. Procedure went fine, I woke up with a ton of pain in my abdomen and nothing even touched it. They gave me dilaudid, which only marginally worked. Around 930 I got up and my mom got me dressed. Went to leave and unfortunately couldn't find my cell phone. We tore the place apart, and long story short, it was stolen. I don't know if it was the staff, or another patient's family who was in recovery with me. I am so effin pissed. They were very nice and concerned and the one girl said they would replace it. I called the insurance today and i'll have a new one tomorrow, but I am holding the surgery center 100 percent responsible for this. I have an HTC Evo, NOT a cheap phone, and I use it at work and for school, etc. It's my lifeline! Gosh i'm so upset! Next step is to call and make a police report with that city. It's completely disabled so they can't do **** with it, even if they reset it. Whoever has it has total access to all my pictures, videos, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Oh, and my MUSIC! Dammit! Just remembered that.

Aaaaacchh! Anyways, this morning I was in A LOT of pain! Seriously, I couldn't keep the liquid vicoden down, it is SOO nasty! It's made me vomit twice! It's now 1230 and i'm actually feeling a hair better. The gas pain isn't as bad anyways. I'm hoping by tomorrow to be functioning again.

Hi folks... I too am an August Bandster....woo hoo...same feelings of nervousness but overall super happy! I found out just today that I have was approved and that I will be banded on Tuesday, August 16th...

Congrats to all the new bandsters!

We tore the place apart, and long story short, it was stolen. I don't know if it was the staff, or another patient's family who was in recovery with me. I am so effin pissed.

ugh! Insult to injury. So sorry you have to deal with that too! Hope you feel better.

My dr has me on broth or Jello. I can also have Optifast or high Protein Shake per day. I m on Clear Liquids but so far so good and will have my jello as a snack. Be well!! setting up that one month challenge now. A day late ;)