Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO FELLOW AUGUST BANDERS!!!!

I just started this process 3 weeks ago but BOY has it moved soo fast. I am a teacher and dr said if I can get all appointments in by July 13th that I can do Aug 11th. Dr said Aug 25th but I go back to school that week, I teach first grade and already have 2 toddlers...he moved it to Aug 18th but then I was on a mission to get this all in and have just finished ALLLL of my appointments yesterday. I went to pulmonologist on Friday afternoon and went back that night for sleep study. I have my confirmation with dr. on THIS WEDNSDAY, July 13th. Whew!! Happy to be done with all appointments and going to make them stick with Aug 11th as banded date.

best of luck all!!!

where can I get a good list of pre op food? ??? im gonna need it!

Love the Isopure, vanilla cream I only use 1 scoop but its still with 1 scoop 25 g Protein and like 100 cals. any other good MUST HAVE stuff??? Thanks all and best of luck on your WL journey!!!!! :D

August 9th for me and i am starting to get nervous and exicted

One thing I have noticed about all of us is that we both are nervous and excited. That completely says it all. Don't know about you all but I am more excited than nervous. This has been a long time coming for me to do something for me and the nervous is can i really do this, nothing else has worked. ???? Then I get excited again when I think of all the people that have done this when nothing else has worked and I think ,,,,,, that's me , nothing else has worked.

HELLO FELLOW AUGUST BANDERS!!!!

I just started this process 3 weeks ago but BOY has it moved soo fast. I am a teacher and dr said if I can get all appointments in by July 13th that I can do Aug 11th. Dr said Aug 25th but I go back to school that week, I teach first grade and already have 2 toddlers...he moved it to Aug 18th but then I was on a mission to get this all in and have just finished ALLLL of my appointments yesterday. I went to pulmonologist on Friday afternoon and went back that night for sleep study. I have my confirmation with dr. on THIS WEDNSDAY, July 13th. Whew!! Happy to be done with all appointments and going to make them stick with Aug 11th as banded date.

best of luck all!!!

where can I get a good list of pre op food???? im gonna need it!

Love the Isopure, vanilla cream I only use 1 scoop but its still with 1 scoop 25 g Protein and like 100 cals. any other good MUST HAVE stuff??? Thanks all and best of luck on your WL journey!!!!! :D

My dietician gave me a small list but many on here have lists they have used and I have gotten good ideals from them. I started out using Special K drinks to get myself ready but more ideals come from people who have already done thhis. Mine too will be aug. 11 so my new friend I am right there with you on taking any ideal there are.

Good luck

I'm not scared about it. I am just excited and can't wait. I'm ready to make this change in my life. I still can't imagine weighing any less than I do now.

I am starting my process tomorrow am with blood work. I have the rest of the testing on Wednesday , and phych on next Tuesday. I meet with the Dr next Wednesday and then it should be 5 days till surgery. I dont have a final date yet, but if my math is right it should be around the last week in July. I'm excited.

Got my pre-op diet info today! I get to start July 19th. :) I'm so excited to get the ball rolling....I've waited two years to get this done...hooray!!

Good luck to all you out there!! Yay for August banderoos!!

Surgery date Aug 2nd!!

I saw my nut today! At first I was nervous but to my surprise I don't have to do a 2 week liquid diet. I don't know if it has anything to do with me losing weight but i'm estatic. She wants me to begin following the diet, freely, immediately but I strictly start on the 20th. I have a 2 day liquid diet to follow but I can definitely handle that!

I've had the psych and nutrition visit just waiting for reports to get to surgeons office, so they can submit to insurance. I spoken to my doctor nurse 3 times already and feel like I'm starting to stalk her.......lol. Im just ready to get my band. The nurse said that she will have scheduling coordinator to tentatively schedule my surgery for August 11th pending approval. I so desperately want to call and ask her if she did in fact schedule. I dont want to get on her nerves. You know honestly my mind is all over the place, but I know I need this for me.

I'm so excited....they had a cancellation at my surgeon's office and I've been bumped up a week. Now getting banded August 15th and pre-op diet starts August 1st. Every day sooner is a bonus :)

I'm so excited....they had a cancellation at my surgeon's office and I've been bumped up a week. Now getting banded August 15th and pre-op diet starts August 1st. Every day sooner is a bonus :)

So happy for you, I know you have to be excited. I wish that would happen for me too. Congratulations and great success.

So happy for you, I know you have to be excited. I wish that would happen for me too. Congratulations and great success.

Thanks so much. I wish we could all be bumped up :)

I've had the psych and nutrition visit just waiting for reports to get to surgeons office, so they can submit to insurance. I spoken to my doctor nurse 3 times already and feel like I'm starting to stalk her.......lol. Im just ready to get my band. The nurse said that she will have scheduling coordinator to tentatively schedule my surgery for August 11th pending approval. I so desperately want to call and ask her if she did in fact schedule. I dont want to get on her nerves. You know honestly my mind is all over the place, but I know I need this for me.

I bugged my surgeon's office every single day after completing all of my testing. I apologized for being a bug but I probably was insincere! Lol, after all it took me 6 months to get to this point.

I am hoping for end of AUg, if all goes as planned i start my liquid diet today.

Why do you start your liquids so early if you are aiming for the eng of Aug?

I go for my pre-op appt on August 2 - surgeon says he is looking at a mid-August surgery! I only hope I can work my job around it (we are in a no-take-off time in August, but my director is willing to work with me) - if I can't I'll have to wait until Sept and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. I'm concerned about the number of days I'll have to take off - and now all of the pre-op testing after reading the posts! :) I'm on a CPAP machine already, so maybe I can skip that part! :)