Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so happy for you, my surgery is tomorrow :blink: I am nervous excited and starving

I am so happy for you, my surgery is tomorrow :blink: I am nervous excited and starving

I am so excited for you! I had my surgery today and things could not have gone better. I felt good right after surgery and am feeling really good ! I know you'll do great! Just remember walk, walk, walk, and follow all your doctors orders! =). Let us know how it goes.

I am so excited for you! I had my surgery today and things could not have gone better. I felt good right after surgery and am feeling really good ! I know you'll do great! Just remember walk, walk, walk, and follow all your doctors orders! =). Let us know how it goes.

Congratulations to all recently banded. I was banded earlier today and feeling pretty good considering. Urinating like a race horse every half hour is tripping me out. It wasn't this bad when I was preggers. So excited about this journey. Already my husband commented I'd never see 165 lbs, while the nurse agreed that 100 lbs was too much weight to lose. They both made a mistake by telling me what I can't and shouldn't do. Gonna make it that much sweeter when I reach that goal. My true goal is 135, but can definitely be happy at 150. I'm 5'8",so that wouldn't becan unhealthy weight. But for now I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm banded baby!!! Yay!!!

Enjoy your Journey. I think you will like it.

Did anyone have the fear that this 'isn't going to work'. I guess because I've tried every diet and program known to man, I get scared that this won't work either. I have to just have faith, and follow the post-op diet to a T, which I am doing. It's hard though because it hurts when I 'eat'.

Also - how long does it take for the swollen abdomen to go down?

Lastly, I'm a bit confused by this website. Do you receive an email notification when someone responds to you, or just to the thread in general?

Congratulations to all recently banded. I was banded earlier today and feeling pretty good considering. Urinating like a race horse every half hour is tripping me out. It wasn't this bad when I was preggers. So excited about this journey. Already my husband commented I'd never see 165 lbs, while the nurse agreed that 100 lbs was too much weight to lose. They both made a mistake by telling me what I can't and shouldn't do. Gonna make it that much sweeter when I reach that goal. My true goal is 135, but can definitely be happy at 150. I'm 5'8",so that wouldn't becan unhealthy weight. But for now I'm taking it one day at a time. I'm banded baby!!! Yay!!!

O sure ! But it does work. Believe me... Once they start filling you, you will see the difference.

Hi everyone, I was just banded on June 20th and had a safe surgery. I'm a little concerned with the incision feeling a little weird! I'm sick of fluids and need a change soon! Wednesday I start mushy foods and I'm wondering when I will feel normal again in the mid region.

Anyone have an incision in their belly button? I have one and don't see how this incision is going to heal properly!

Ok...be honest....did anyone NOT quit drinking coffee, and had NO problems? I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but really miss my half cup in the morning.:unsure:

My Dr's. assistant said that caffeine of any kind will affect the band negatively, and yet I've seen on various blogs that some people do drink coffee.

Jenny I would stick to your doctor office's orders for now - they obviously pick and choose their restrictions for a reason. Could be they've seen problems in their clinic with ulcers, etc. Could be that they're being overly cautious. But all things considered, I've noticed that the people who have had the biggest successes on this site are the ones following doctors orders to a T.

I will miss my caffeine as well :( and I have seen people use the instant Starbucks mixed in their Protein shakes to make coffee drinks - and I hear Starbucks has Protein powder on hand as well, to add to your sugar free, non-fat order. But I would error on the side of caution for awhile before trying to "test the band".

Going back to our old habits could end up leading to a slippery slope, and why tempt fate when we've just been given this amazing gift? :)

Good luck to you! It will work, if you work it! cool.gif

Jenny I would stick to your doctor office's orders for now - they obviously pick and choose their restrictions for a reason. Could be they've seen problems in their clinic with ulcers, etc. Could be that they're being overly cautious. But all things considered, I've noticed that the people who have had the biggest successes on this site are the ones following doctors orders to a T.

I will miss my caffeine as well :( and I have seen people use the instant Starbucks mixed in their Protein shakes to make coffee drinks - and I hear Starbucks has Protein Powder on hand as well, to add to your sugar free, non-fat order. But I would error on the side of caution for awhile before trying to "test the band".

Going back to our old habits could end up leading to a slippery slope, and why tempt fate when we've just been given this amazing gift? :)

Good luck to you! It will work, if you work it! cool.gif

Thank you Mandilou- I'm sure you're right! After awhile of having the band, I can re-evaluate. I'm doing everything else to a T, so why risk that slippery slope.And yes, it WILL work if you work it. There's a slogan I'm quite familiar with!

I am having the most difficult time on this website, and I consider my self quite computer savvy! haha :rolleyes:

Yes it is very normal! ! Have you tried small spoonfuls of pudding, just to let it dissolve in your mouth. You can Puree Hardy homemade Soups into a liquid, these will help coat the stomach.

I will be 57 in a couple of months, and have been banded for almost 5 yrs.

I know this is hard, but don't let it get to you. This is one day at a time, and you will see, that this is worth it..

Give it a thought on what is creamy like pudding, that you can let melt in your mouth. See what you can come up with.

I was banded on June 16th and I am loving my band. I went to the doctor on 5/31 for my initial consultation and then back on 6/24 for my post op consultation and I had lost exactly 20 pounds! I have made a lot of changes since being banded, but I feel better than I have in a long time and I'm really excited about this journey. I am almost scared to eat though because I don't want to gain any weight.....I know I need to get out of this mindset!