Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

They told me to bring my CPAP machine to Surgery

Does this mean that I won't be intubated during surgery? I'm scheduled this Friday, June 24th. Post Op lap band patients: Were you intubated? Did anyone else have to bring their CPAP machine?

I had to bring mine to surgery this past Monday. Yes, you will be intubated during surgery. I don't know if they even used my machine, but I was required to have it there.

good luck!!

kristi

Does this mean that I won't be intubated during surgery? I'm scheduled this Friday, June 24th. Post Op lap band patients: Were you intubated? Did anyone else have to bring their CPAP machine?

same here - they say they will use it in the recovery room when you are waking up - but no one touched mine - it was a waste to take it

I had sleep apnea and it was in my records - i never got the machine sine i was having the band surgry and figured it would go away. So getting the machine seem like a BIG waste of time and $$. So i tell everyone pre-op I DONT HAVE A MACHINE i get to the hospital and they want to know where my machine is. I DONT HAVE ONE. I knew i was going to be admitted for a one night stay BUT becasue I did not have the CPAP mahine i got to stay in ICU...best care anywhere. WHY 'cause the patient to nurse ratio was 1:2 and my nurses other patient was not very active so i got a lot of help and attention including a tour of the unit at 4am. I was bored and needed to get up and walk! LOL!

I had to bring mine also. It was for when I came out of the surgery. I also ended up staying as I had a bad reaction to the anthesia so I spent the night. Good luck!

I had to bring mine but never used it I was told if I didnt bring it, they wouldnt do the surgery so def bring it even if they dont use it

It is hospital protocol for anyone who has apnea and a cpap to bring it with them even if they do not use it. If you need it then it is there. Even those not having wls have to bring the cpap machines.

Good to know ! Someone along the line (of docs, etc) said to bring it for recovery - said in passing - but now I will definately bring it. Thanks for the info !

I was told to only bring my mask in case I needed it after surgery(they had cpap machines there). I ended up forgetting it that morning but was told it was not a big deal since they had masks on hand, they just thought I would be more comfortable with my own.

My hospital allows you to bring your own mask but they require you use their cpap machines. I was grateful to have it because the machine relaxed me. I am weird in that I actually like my cpap machine...it's like stress reduction therapy...breathe in....breathe out... :D

my apnea is not just related to weight..i have a receded jaw line. Even when i was 135 lbs i snored like a lumberjack. So sexy!

All the best,

BandedKitten