Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WHEN WHEN WHEN??? (venting)

:help:Okay, I have had my band for 2 months now. Yesterday I was filled to 2cc. It will hold 4 cc. WHEN AM I GOING TO FEEL GOOD RESTRICTION? How many fills does it take for Petes sake? I'm am getting very discouraged. The only weight I've lost is from being on the liquid diet! 7 pounds! WooHoo! I still wear the same clothes and can't button the same pants!:hurt

I know I need to be PATIENTTTTTTT, but I just thought I'd be ont he road to losing by now for sure! I have a rodeo to go to in May where I always seem to run into hubbys cute n skinny old flame and IIIIII want to be PERTY on his arm for once!

What kinds of foods are you eating? Do you track all your food intake on fitday or some other tracking source? Everybody is different on where their restriction takes place. Are you getting all your Water in? Protien first and then veggies?

I didnt lose for months either...

I lost 41 pre op (FEB)

gained 6 (Feb. to June) 4 months NO LOSS.. GAINED alittle..

lost 35 (augest-october) My first time with restriction!

gained 7 (october to now) Not restrcited enough or eating around the band

You might feel the restriction from yesterday's fill yet. Sometimes it takes a few weeks. I didn't get good restriction till I had quite a few fills. You'll get there, don't worry! Make sure you are following the banster rules though!

I know how you feel... I have 0 restriction and I'm getting pissed ROFL

Me too. I'm 3 months out and still waiting on that little thing called restriction. I'm starting to get discouraged...

Guest FunnyFatGirl

Okay okay okay... Now I'm scared everybody! I'm going in for my first appointment to get the ball rolling and set up an appointment to get banded. No weight loss? Are you kidding me? Can I get some responses on "average" weight loss the first month?

I also have some more questions:

What is the average calorie intake the first few months following the proceedure?

How long do I have to wait before I can get back on the eliptical 7 do other cardio?

How long did everyone wait to go back to work? Most of what I do is at a desk... some occational lifting. Not much though and nothing over say 20 pounds.

What's the worst part of the first few days post-op? I've had two operations on my knees, (ACL) -- OMG! It can't be worse than that can it? Can you get up and walk around?

What is the average calorie intake the first few months following the proceedure?

>>>>>>>>>>>>depends, I could eat the same as before for 4 months and a fill... I lost nothing.

How long do I have to wait before I can get back on the eliptical 7 do other cardio?

>>>>>>>>>>A few days? how would i know.. whats cardio?

How long did everyone wait to go back to work? Most of what I do is at a desk... some occational lifting. Not much though and nothing over say 20 pounds.

>>>>>>>>>one day..

What's the worst part of the first few days post-op? I've had two operations on my knees, (ACL) -- OMG! It can't be worse than that can it? Can you get up and walk around?

>>>>>>>>you can walk within the first hour

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest FunnyFatGirl

It won't let you post?

Guest FunnyFatGirl

>>>>>>>>>>>>depends, I could eat the same as before for 4 months and a fill... I lost nothing.

THAT SUCKS. Didn't you puke or anything? What's the point?

>>>>>>>>>>A few days? how would i know.. whats cardio?

lol - I like to work out, I'm just to fat right now. Had mega knee surgery and was too fat to fully recover... now working out SUCKS!

>>>>>>>>>one day..

What? Are you sure they banded you and you weren't "punked"?

>>>>>>>>you can walk within the first hour

Why do they make you stay overnight then?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Can I get some responses on "average" weight loss the first month?

---I lost 16 lbs the first month. (I was down 21 lbs, but gained back 5 after I started eating again)

---I don't count my calories. I just eat what I want until I satisfy my hunger.

---I don't do elliptical or cardio, but I did start walking the next day after I got home from surgery.

---I stayed out 8 working days, but one of the nurses that took care of me while in the hospital who also had the band told me that she went back to work after just 3 days

---you should be able to walk around immediately following surgery. In fact, they encourage you to walk to try and expel some of the gas they fill you with. That was the only complaint I had, the gas pain/pressure. I would take some liquid Tylenol right before bed and it helped a little with the pain sensation. AFter about 5-6 days I was fine.

Can I get some responses on "average" weight loss the first month?

From what I've seen on the boards...about 20 lbs, unless you are a turtle!

1200-1400 calories

It took me 2 weeks for the elliptical and 4 weeks for weight training

Surgery was on Tuesday, I was back at work Monday. I had alot of pain at the port incision, but it cleared up in about a week. My job is sitting in front of a computer too.

Pain where the port was? That was the worst for me. I held my tummy at the port for 2 weeks so it wouldn't hurt when I got up from bed or chair. I hear the pain is minor for most people.

Guest FunnyFatGirl

Wow. THanks everyone. I guess the recovery time does vary quite a bit. I need to pick a date where I don't have a lot going on for a few weeks after I guess. I really don't want to tell my boss what I'm doing. She's a bit psycho about me and medial things. Sometimes I feel like i have a possesive boyfriend or on contract like an NFL player you know what I mean? I'm also scared to tell my mom. I think she will FLIP OUT! Maybe I won't tell her. My preant slive in Ohio, I live in Florida... I'll just tell them I joined Weight Watchers (for the 432nd time!)

So another question: Is your energy level really compromised? Are you more or less energetic now? You would think less weight would mean more energy. I have ZERO energy right now. I eat about 1000 calories a day, but in one sitting. That's my biggest problem! That will all have to change though... and I'm up to the challenge.

Okay okay okay... Now I'm scared everybody! I'm going in for my first appointment to get the ball rolling and set up an appointment to get banded. No weight loss? Are you kidding me? Can I get some responses on "average" weight loss the first month?See - everybody is different... I lost about 12 lbs

That's where I differ from what is written. I had a very hard time getting in 600 calories a day for the first 6 weeks, and after that I was lucky to get in 800.

Wouldn't know. I still haven't started working out.

I waited 2 weeks because I could, not because I had to. I was probably ready after a week.

Had no problem getting up and around within hours.

Sorry I don't have any answers for you Banster-gal, everyone is different.

Now, to answer FunnyGirl's questions.

Can I get some responses on "average" weight loss the first month? Okay, first off, the first couple of months, 6-8 weeks ARE FOR HEALING, not for weight loss. I inially lost 15 pounds, but it was all Water weight for me. But 15 pounds of extra Water gone is just as good as 15 pounds of fat.

What is the average calorie intake the first few months following the proceedure? I think most people fall into 1000-1400 calories, after you move back to real food.

How long do I have to wait before I can get back on the eliptical 7 do other cardio? It all depends on you and your doc. I was horseback riding a few weeks (3) after my surgery

How long did everyone wait to go back to work? Most of what I do is at a desk... some occational lifting. Not much though and nothing over say 20 pounds. I was back in school the following week. I had mine over Spring Break.

What's the worst part of the first few days post-op? I've had two operations on my knees, (ACL) -- OMG! It can't be worse than that can it? Can you get up and walk around? I was very sleepy, with some pain. Most people forget they they've just had major surgery, maybe because it was done laprascopically, so there are no huge gaping holes. I dunno.