Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Opinions? X-box, Kinect, Wii ????? I'm illiterate on this ..

I want to do Zumba, dancing "games" and fun exercises that are more dancing than a standard aerobic workout. I have NO IDEA what to get or what would be best.

From what I gather the Kinect is motion activated and you don't need the controller in your hand like the Wii....other than that....I'm lost.

The last video "Game" I owned or played was the original Nintendo and the orginal Donkey Kong and Smurfs game....that was a step above the Atari and pacman at the time...Yes, that is a long, long time ago.

Thanks

Staci

We have both a Wii and an XBox (the benefits of having 2 boys...LOL). Personally, I like the Kinect better. There aren't as many options for it since it is so new but I have The Biggest Loser and Your Shape (I like The Biggest Loser the best) but I also enjoy playing Kinect Sports with my family (it has bowling, beach volleyball, soccer, boxing, track and field and table tennis) and you can definately get your heartrate up playing the games ;) . I haven't tried Zumba yet but that is the next one I'm getting...

Don't worry slm2007. Prior to getting my Wii in 2009, the last game console I had was the NES (original nintendo). When I was like 8 or something. Personally I like my Wii, but I've never played on the others so I'm biased. I haven't played on it in a while, but I love just dance 2 and Michael Jackson the experience

I have played both.

The Kinect is so awesome that we returned our wii. The kinect makes sure that your doing your moves properly. I play the biggest loser and it really kicks my booty.

It also has so many other features. I also play dance central. Thats really lots of fun.

I have a PS3 and a Wii. I don't have an xbox and I refuse to buy one just for the Kinect! lol But I have played the Kinect and love it. I also love my WIi. I would buy the Kinect for the Dance Central game. I have on my wii, Michael Jackson the Experience game, Just Dance 1 & 2, Dance on Broadway, the Wii Fit, Golds Gym Cardio Workout and Golds' Gym Dance Workout, oh also the Biggest Loser game. I bought all of this when I was frantically working out before I got banded. So, I'd have no excuse when i couldn't make it to the Y. I love them all but my fave games have to be Just Dance 1 & 2. I don't cheat my workout either by just moving my arms. I do everything the proper way. But good luck, a new system is a great and fun way to work out.

We have a KINECT and it is AMAAZZZZING.

I have only tried the Wii once and I did not like holding the controller/remote in my hand.

I have been hooked on the DANCE CENTRAL game and they have songs from the oldies to GAGA (Love Gaga).

I'm a bit biased as you can see, but it is so well worth your money.

They're good for family time as well as rainy days in and you don't want to go to the gym.

I have the KINECT. It is so AWESOME. I have Zumba, Dance central and Michael Jackson the experience. Zumba will kick your butt. But it is so much fun. I supplement my work out with them.