Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I still have a couple weeks before I'm able to have any alcoholic beverages--but I'm already trying to give some thought to what my best drink options will be.

I know, I'm going to do better with the lapband if I don't drink too much...and I don't plan to, but the reality is, I have a job that puts me in a lot of open bar situations. So I'd rather just have a game plan in place.

So with that...what do you think my best options are.

I've already thought about just mixing liquor (tequila, etc) with lime juice...

or maybe mixing SF crystal light?

Also i've heard bloody marys are probably a good option.

Appreciate any suggestions, or what you've found to be low cal and tasty.

I had a personal trainer back in 2005 that said the best liquor should be clear and you should exercise, like dance or something, or it will turn to sugar. So vodka and diet tonic would be my suggestion. If you like dark liquor then go for Jack and diet. Stay away from beer at all costs!

clear liquor with calorie free and carbonation free mixer - remember carbonation - even zero calories carbonation - stretches the pouch defeating the purpose of the surgery - so i like your crystal light idea - that's what i plan to do (or get absolute with Water and a lemon or lime and squeeze the lemon/lime into it)

If I'm going to drink it's either whiskey and Water, vodka and cranberry or a glass of wine. Stay away from all things carbonated.

true, sorry, good advice!

I really only drink white wine. I like red but only at home because it makes my teeth grey. I jsut stick with one or two glasses, the number of times that I go out into such a situation where I'd want four or five drinks is so rare that I just enjoy it when I do and have them - its sad being in your 40's, lol. Usually my "going out" is only ever dinner with friends, I dont do night clubs and such so a glass or two of wine is about it.

Whiskey Sour...

orange vodka, cranberry jc and a splash of lime!!!

I drink vodka with crystal light. I order vodka Water & add my own crystal light. I just carry the single servings in my purse. But b carefull with decreased intake of food u may get tipsy quite a bit faster!

grey goose and cran....i usually dance off the calories while drinking :P

I like a good chocolate Cake Shot....but I sip it...Make sure it is a good one ..a bad one tasts like burnt cake. Also VO makes a vodka Cake...It is reallyb yummy. Sweet, not diabetic frendly but again I sip it. I also like bloody Mary :P

I enjoy Vodka Water with lemon! But if I drink more than 2 its not good couse I'll drink 6 or 8! But I do get drunk easy!