Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just came back from my first fill. It went well!!

I was told that I could get 5 cc into my band today,

But after the doctor's assistant put it all in, I felt nauseous.

I felt pressure in my chest so she took some out.

After all said and done, I have 4.8 cc in my band.

Couldn't take the .2 cc! I couldn't even swallow.

I also got the okay to do aerobics and weights now

Along with my cardio.

On liquids for the next 24 hours. Then to mushies.

My stomach is making crazy noises.

Tell me about your firsr fill experience!!!

Congrats on your first fill! I have not experienced one yet- Just had surgery on the 31st and I'm scheduled for my first fill on 7/6....I hate needles so I hope it won't be too uncomfortable. Its good that you figured out you were too tight before you left!

The process of my first fill went great. The doc. had no trouble finding the port and I really didn't feel anything except a little pressure. However, I could not keep Water down that night. I threw up the water they gave me after the fill on the way home. I probably should have turned around but I didn't. It must have been a little swelling because I was fine the next morning. I would have called for sure if I wasn't able to keep anything down the next morning. Glad yours went well, hope it gives you some restriction for a bit. Best wishes.

thank you both for the well wishes and I hope you guys are both enjoying your journey!!

Good luck, Aurora!! Stop by and let us know how it goes. :D

Newbie here. Had my surgery June 7th.

When do you get your first fill?

When they put the band in, the band is not filled at all, correct?

So, your pouch goes from normal, to very small, to even smaller after your first fill?

Thanks!

Hey Carly :) congrats on your surgery! How are you feeling my dear?

You typically get your first fill anywhere from 4-6 weeks after surgery. It really depends on the doctor's office

and how they work.

For the most part, during and after surgery, the band is not filled with any saline at all.

But I have read posts on this site where people actually got fills during surgery. The main reason

why you don't get a fill is because your stomach will be swollen from adjusting to the band

so it wouldn't necessarily be good to have a fill in it yet.

The purpose of a fill is for your passage way to be smaller so you

won't consume so much and it would take longer for you to get hungry since food is passing

through it slower.

I hope this helps with answering your questions! I'm still in the process of learning, but let me know

if you have more questions!!!

Had my first fill today. I was nervous about it..but it was pretty much a nonevent. I'm kind of a wimp with needles but it wasn't so bad. They didn't use lidocaine. This fill was just in time because I've been pretty hungry this past week and I had reached a plateau of weight loss. I didn't expect to hit a plateau after only 18 lbs (26 since my all time presurgery high)

Fortunately the PA who did it is a wizard and she took out the .25 ccs that were in the band and put in 2 ccs in a flash.

I was half-hoping for a bigger fill and half not. She said they are conservative and go for a slow fill path. She also said to come back in 6 weeks. She said they do fewer fills spread out because of risk of infection with each fill. i had never thought of that, but it does make sense.

I Had no problem drinking the liquid before I left..but I do feel a new pressure in my chest. I haven't tried to eat anything yet..but I picked up some Soup at the diner on the way home for later. I am SO done with liquids after this journey. I am souped-out!

I have the rest of the day on liquids and tomorrow mushies..and theni go to normal diet on Saturday! I can't believe I'm going to be able to eat regular food. Finally!

My PA said that everyone is different in how they react to a fill---she said I may feel a difference tomorrow...or that it may take awhile. She also said some patients don't feel a significant difference until 4 ccs. We'll see.

I hope I feel a difference because I've been in bandster hell lately. Even if it's placebo..I'll take it.

I wasn't terrible nervous about the fill...but I have to say I'm glad it's over. YAY!

I just came back from my first fill. It went well!!

I was told that I could get 5 cc into my band today,

But after the doctor's assistant put it all in, I felt nauseous.

I felt pressure in my chest so she took some out.

After all said and done, I have 4.8 cc in my band.

Couldn't take the .2 cc! I couldn't even swallow.

I also got the okay to do aerobics and weights now

Along with my cardio.

On liquids for the next 24 hours. Then to mushies.

My stomach is making crazy noises.

Tell me about your firsr fill experience!!!

when were you banded? I won't get my first fill til the 2 month mark. How did your dr. do the fill? Did it hurt? Do they numb it in any way? My friend is in the med profession, so she put a numbing jell on her skin before she went in cause her dr. doesn't numb! That's one question I'm going to ask my dr. before I go in for a fill!

My friend told me they have you sit up and sip while the needle is still in the port--did that happen to you?

I was banded on May 2nd 2011. My PA NUMBED me with a needle and it stung when she put it in. I would recommend being numbed because my PA WAS digging around for the port while the needle was in me and it wasn't a pleasant sight to see. And yes, I had to Sit up to drink Water while the needle was in and she added little by little until I was okay with the fill amount .

Good luck with your fill!!!

I had my first fill on june 6th. I skipped my last one two weeks later because I really didnt need one. I guess I already had 1cc in there from surgery and she gave me 4.75 mor. So u have 5.75 in there right now.

I go in for my next one on 7/23. Im not sure if I will get one or not. Still feeling pretti good. Not usuallu hungry at all. Maybe .25 if anything.

Im glad yours went well. You should lose pretty good over the next week or so. Then it might slow again. Ive lost about 8 since my fill (so more than the 2 lb average)