Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Just thought I would check to see if anyone else experiences nausea for no reason.

I am just a little over 6 weeks post op - I got my first fill just over a week ago. But I have noticed since my fill I am nauseated all the time.

It takes me 30 minutes to get a protien shake down in the morning but while drinking it I feel nauseated. Later in the morning just sipping Water makes me nauseated.

Even though I got a fill I do not feel any restriction (well it was only my first fill so I did not expect that sweet spot yet) lol - I eat slow, chew real good just in case just not sure what this nauseated feeling is all about.

Has anyone else experienced this? And to answer the big question No Iam not pregnant and I am not sick (well not physically anyway) lol

Any thoughts you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Donna

Iv never really had nausea maybe just once or twice but usually its when Iv pushed myself with food, but my friend who was banded as well has nausea on and off...the doctor told her its from the food or drink sitting on top of the band that hasn't gone through yet...not sure if thats why you have it but just wanted to give you an idea of what someone was told who had it.

That could be it. Thanks for the reply.

On my last fill I feel nauseated morning, noon, and especially at night. It's a little to tight, but it's getting better. I go to the Surgeons Office the end of next month.

If it's still not better I will have 0.25cc removed. I was at 2.50, and went to 2.75 in a 4cc band. So just a tad uncomfortable.

But,,,, like they told me too. We don't want you to gain weight either. So I'll see.

I too have nausea, I was banded on 3/16/11.....It seems to come around the time I ahould be having my next meal. After I eat it goes away. After being banded, My stomach doesn't growl or have intense hunger pains. I wondered if the nausea feeling was my new "hunger" feeling. I too am not sure what this is all about. I talked to the Dr and she wasn't sure either. I also just had my 4th fill...and still have the nausea feeling.

I have a pill for nausea, you may want to consider talking to your dr about it. I haven't had a fill yet (2 weeks till my first one) so I don't know for that but the pill my dr prescribed helped a lot about a week post op when I started getting nauseous.

That could be it. Thanks for the reply.

I have a pill for nausea, you may want to consider talking to your dr about it. I haven't had a fill yet (2 weeks till my first one) so I don't know for that but the pill my dr prescribed helped a lot about a week post op when I started getting nauseous.

I'll take the name of that O.K.......

Shirley it's called zofran. It works great and I haven't had to continue taking it. You take it when you feel nauseous and it is not a preventative.

Shirley it's called zofran. It works great and I haven't had to continue taking it. You take it when you feel nauseous and it is not a preventative.

Thanks ! I am going to my PCP on Friday. I'll give her the name of this medicine, and maybe she'll give me a script for it....

Hopefully you can get a script for it, it works really well for me! I haven't actually vomited but felt so sick like I was going to and the zofran helped and it was very quick too! They have 2 different types - one is a pill (very small) that you'll swallow and one is for under the tongue and will dissolve (it tastes kind of like grape). The dissolvable does seem to kick in a little faster, they gave that to me when I was vomiting from Migraines in the past and it worked very quick!

Thanks ! I am going to my PCP on Friday. I'll give her the name of this medicine, and maybe she'll give me a script for it....

I feel nauseated when I am very hungry. Weird....but this was something I experienced most of my life and I can't blame it on the band. Now with the band, I have learned not to RUSH my meal... which I tend to do when I'm starving..... I do NOT like that stuck feeling. Have to wait for the LUMP to pass ~ sometimes up to a half hour before I can eat again. Sorta does ruin my appetite. After 4 times you'd think I would have learned by now.

I haven't had a fill yet and was banded 5/19 11 and tonight all the sudden I feel terrible. Shaky and sick to my stomach. Is that normal