Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I had my first fill today. Not sure how Im suppose to feel but according to most people my fill must be small. Im only up to 2cc. Does this sound right? IDK <_<

No solids for 2 days. I wish I would have known I would have eaten a little more and not prepared Mojito chicken(no alcohol) Damm

How is everyone doing?

Ok so I had my first fill today. Not sure how Im suppose to feel but according to most people my fill must be small. Im only up to 2cc. Does this sound right? IDK

My first fill was 1.5 and my second was 1.0 and it was too much. Some people get 5 cc in a fill and for people like me that would have me at the ER. Slower is better. Being too tight is horrendous.

My first fill was 1.5 and my second was 1.0 and it was too much. Some people get 5 cc in a fill and for people like me that would have me at the ER. Slower is better. Being too tight is horrendous.

Thanks soo much and your before and after pics are awesome. My comp wont download pics for me.

I had my first fill today and only got 1 cc! I was scared to go tighter, I didn't want to be one of those people in the waiting room vomiting the Water they make you drink!! I can go back for more next week if I think I need it, so we'll see how it goes! I was told I can eat normally, no liquid diet for the next day or so, I just have to be careful with my first meal. I guess each doc is different. Good luck and keep us posted!!

I go for my first fill tomorrow and I'm nervous. What's it feel like? Does it hurt? I can only have liquids for 24 hours after my fill...not so bad.

Mine didn't hurt, they did numb the area before they actually did the fill. I would say it was more odd than anything, you don't know what to expect until you are there. Mine was quick and easy, not sure if it was enough, but like my P.A said the first fill is rarely the correct amount. So I may be visiting them again soon.

Had my first fill today. Which was just in the nick of time because I've been pretty hungry this past week.

and I had reached a plateau of weight loss. I didn't expect to hit a plateau after only 18 lbs (26 since my all time presurgery high) ..but whatever.

My skin is very sensitive to pain so I definitely felt the needle (no lidocaine) but it was certainly bearable. Fortunately the PA who did it is a wizard and she took out the .25 ccs that were in the band and put in 2 ccs in a flash.

I have the rest of the day on liquids and tomorrow mushies..and then LO and BEHOLD..i go to normal diet on Saturday! holy moly it's been since May 9th since i've had real food!

I can feel a new tightness in my chest but I had no problem drinking before I left the office. She said that everyone is different in how they react to a fill---she said I may feel a difference tomorrow...or that it may take awhile. She also said some patients don't feel a significant difference until 4 ccs. We'll see.

I hope I feel a difference because I've gone into hungryland the last week and it's truly not fun.

I wasn't terrible nervous about the fill...but I have to say I'm glad it's over. YAY!

I'm an officially filled bandster. :P

Let us know how it feels restriction-wise after a couple of days-I am dying to know !! I hear most people need a few fills-I go for my 1st next week!

Let us know how it feels restriction-wise after a couple of days-I am dying to know !! I hear most people need a few fills-I go for my 1st next week!

I really don't really feel any different that I did before.

Had my first fill last week and was told to do liquids first week after then soft foods the next. I did ok until yesterday and went out to eat with a friend. I ordered fajitas, tortillas, rice and Beans. Well, I thought a small piece of a flour tortilla and a small piece of meat wouldn't hurt. Boy, was I wrong. About 2 minutes after I swallowed I felt the tightness. It got to be very painful and much to my chagrin, I hurled right there at the table. I felt better after but about 5 minutes later I had to run to the restroom and hurl again. The tightness wouldn't stay gone once I had hurl. Once at home I had to hurl 2 more times.

The tightness and pain finally stayed gone. Boy, did that cure me of not eating what I am not supposed do. I don't ever want to go through that again!

Have a good one!

:rolleyes:

weight.png

Had my first fill Tuesday.Maybe the restricition set in last night, nearly two days later. Wednesday I didn't feel any differences. Thursday I thought I was hungry all day. I never ate a lot, but small bite sized Snacks all day. Then last night I really was hungry (or so I thought). I ate two Protein donuts from the eggface recipes. No problem for about three minutes then I felt a little chest pain and small bits of flavor in my mouth. The discomfort lasted for a while.

When I ate Breakfast this morning. I had three turkey links and one egg. I thought I chewed the sausages well. Maybe not, I have a feeling of fullness in my chest and a tiny bit of pain. I have heard that full feels different. I might be overeating because I don't acknowledge that chest and throat feeling as full. Learning, but hope I don't have to have PB before I learn.

Had my first fill last week and was told to do liquids first week after then soft foods the next. I did ok until yesterday and went out to eat with a friend. I ordered fajitas, tortillas, rice and Beans. Well, I thought a small piece of a flour tortilla and a small piece of meat wouldn't hurt. Boy, was I wrong. About 2 minutes after I swallowed I felt the tightness. It got to be very painful and much to my chagrin, I hurled right there at the table. I felt better after but about 5 minutes later I had to run to the restroom and hurl again. The tightness wouldn't stay gone once I had hurl. Once at home I had to hurl 2 more times.

The tightness and pain finally stayed gone. Boy, did that cure me of not eating what I am not supposed do. I don't ever want to go through that again!

Have a good one!

:rolleyes:

weight.png

I've been banded for three years and am always worried when I eat at restaurants. I always stake out the location of the restroom if I'm visiting a restaurant for the first time. It will take time to learn which foods you can and can't eat. EVERYONE is different. Luckily I've never hurled at the table but have had to excuse myself to hurl in the bathroom!! Flour tortillas are HARD to keep down and any meat you eat will need to be chewed thoroughly before you swallow it. Best advice, if you're not sure, take a few bites and then get a doggie bag!! Good luck to you!!

i had my 2nd fill literally a few hours ago. My first fill did NOTHING! i some how still lost 5 pounds and i had no restriction and was hungry all the time. Now when i drink liquids(which i'm on for 2 days), i feel it stop in the middle of my chest and then kurplunk it drops in to my stomach. LOL! OH HOW I'VE WAITED FOR THIS FEELING! I cant wait to see what happens when i get to solid foods. my fills dont hurt at all. my doctor uses a air compressed needle with numb the area and the needle for the fill is HUGE!! i refuse to watch it go in my stomach, but all I feel is pressure. l'm so ready to get this ball rolling towards my size 12!!!! best wishes all!:)