Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone feel that they can eat anything?

Hello All,

I had my surgery on April 11, 2011 and so far I have lost 35 pounds and I only have 2cc band fill. I am able now to eat a lot more compared to when I first got my lapband. I feel like I am out of control sometimes but it is nothing compared to how I ate before the band. I think that I may need to go back to liquids for a while, maybe that will help me loose some more weight. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week for 1 hour and My clothing is fitting better. I try to fight the urge to snack and such, this is worrying me because it is too soon for me to feel as I do, I hope that I am not gaining weight.

Does anyone know what I am going through and how did you overcome an increased appetite?

-FeFe

i had my surgery on 5/16/11 and i do not have a fill yet. i have reached the point where it does feel like everything is just rolling right through my band. i have increased my fluids and added another Protein Shake, but i still get hungry before i should. i will be getting my first fill on june 29. i have been told that it can take several fills to have real restriction so maybe it is time for another for you. best of luck on your journey!!!!

Hello All,

I had my surgery on April 11, 2011 and so far I have lost 35 pounds and I only have 2cc band fill. I am able now to eat a lot more compared to when I first got my lapband. I feel like I am out of control sometimes but it is nothing compared to how I ate before the band. I think that I may need to go back to liquids for a while, maybe that will help me loose some more weight. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week for 1 hour and My clothing is fitting better. I try to fight the urge to snack and such, this is worrying me because it is too soon for me to feel as I do, I hope that I am not gaining weight.

Does anyone know what I am going through and how did you overcome an increased appetite?

-FeFe

Hi FeFe;

I was banded just a week before you, and I've had 2 fills - I'm up to 7.8cc now in a 14cc band. I think you need to get more Fluid in your band, if you are getting hungry and feeling like you are eating more and more, then you need a fill. My doctor told me on my last visit that he would fill me every two weeks until I found lasting restriction. What's your doctor's policy on fills? It's been 2 months for you, so it's likely that you don't have enough Fluid in the band.

I was banded on May 25th and my appetite is as strong as ever. I really feel like I could go out to a restuarant and order hatever I wanted. I have to think of this time period as "dieting on my own" I am sort of sticking to weight watchers (maybe a little less). I know I need a good fill and when I see my surgeon in 2 weeks I am going to request one asap. I agree that you should tell your doctor that you feel no restriction and your appetite hasn't change. We, as women, don't like to sound pushy but we didn'tgo through surgery to still feel hungry all the time.. It might take some time ( a few fills) until the band acts as the tool it was meant to be. Until then you need to diet on your own by counting calories and exercising until you reach the Promised Land!

BTW-congrats on such an awesome weight loss thus far!!!!

Thank you all so much for your replies. I feel that I can get some motivation from this. I am going to the doctor this coming friday and hopefully I will get more Fluid in my band. Yes I am so happy with the weight loss so far, but I just dont want to take a step back by eating more. I wish all of you the best of luck with your weight loss and I hope to lose at least 50-70 more pounds before the end of the year. I HOPE!

-FeFe :lol:

I had my surgery last week, Thursday and I was fine on liquids until today. I'm starting to feel hungry!

Hello Fefe, It is very early days for you yet. I think you may need a topup- band fill. Your appetite should not be increasing at this early stage. Go see your surgeon or whoever is doing your top ups. You should not have to be fighting your appetite at this early stage. That is part of what the band does. Takes your appetite away. Good luck. Gaylene

Hello All,

-FeFe

I am at that Point now too I was banded april 22nd and had my first fill on may 31st but I am hungry a lot more again it is driving me crazy

Hey Guys,

Things are a lot better since I got my last fill. Now i have a total of 3.5 cc in my band. I am seeing some great results my cloths are starting to get baggy.

Fefe

weight.png

Hello All,

-FeFe

Yes! I can and do eat anything. But I have lost 20 pounds in 6 1/2 weeks. I am down almost two sizes. I do not expect to wave a magic wand and the weight will be gone. I am beginning to exercise again and struggling to control snacking (drinking Crystal Light peach ice tea helps). According to my Dr. your weight loss may be above average. Have you checked with your doctor on the eating feelings you are having? They sound healthy to me and may indicate a good result from the surgery. Keep working on the snacking, as I am.

FeFe I know exactly how you feel. I had my surgery on June 8th and I've lost 21 pounds but sometimes I forget I've had the surgery and start eating like I normally did. I am worried because I can still take large bites and it doesn't bother me. I'm not sure how much saline I have in my band, I go back on the 27th of this month so I will find out then. How many fills have you had? I have a friend that has lost 95 lbs and has kept it off for 2 years. She says it can sometimes take 5cc to be in your sweet spot so you might have a couple more fills before you get to that spot. Hopefully it will come soon.

Susan

Hello All,

-FeFe