Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

25 yo Paraplegic being banded June 3rd

Hello everyone!

I'm getting banded tomorrow at 10:30. Gosh...it's a bit overwhelming. I had my initial consultation with my surgeon three weeks ago and I'm already scheduled for surgery.

I don't know how I feel about it all... I'm very stoked about having the surgery date and am looking forward to a better future... but there are things that weigh my mind.

I am no stranger to having surgeries...and....quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to it. It conjures up too many bad memories and I just hope the first few weeks will fly by.

My surgeon doesn't do a pre-op diet and I found out two days ago that I'll have the surgery tomorrow. I've been put on a clear liquid diet for 24hrs prior to surgery... and wow I am hungry rolleyes.gif. I was doing some yardwork this morning and almost passed out...

Well..I've seen some great information and support in this site and I hope I get to know many of you a lot better.

Wish me luck!!!

best wishes on your surgery tomorrow!

Congrats and Good Luck! You'll do great! Getting the band is a wonderful decision and you'll be very happy with it. :) Best wishes!

Thanks to everyone!

My surgery is less than 12 hours from now... starving from not eating all day... hehe

I guess people have had to suffer a whole lot more than I did, since my pre-op diet is only 24 hours prior.

Hello everyone!

I'm getting banded tomorrow at 10:30. Gosh...it's a bit overwhelming. I had my initial consultation with my surgeon three weeks ago and I'm already scheduled for surgery.

I don't know how I feel about it all... I'm very stoked about having the surgery date and am looking forward to a better future... but there are things that weigh my mind.

I am no stranger to having surgeries...and....quite frankly, I'm not looking forward to it. It conjures up too many bad memories and I just hope the first few weeks will fly by.

My surgeon doesn't do a pre-op diet and I found out two days ago that I'll have the surgery tomorrow. I've been put on a clear liquid diet for 24hrs prior to surgery... and wow I am hungry rolleyes.gif. I was doing some yardwork this morning and almost passed out...

Well..I've seen some great information and support in this site and I hope I get to know many of you a lot better.

Wish me luck!!!

Good luck. Yeah, it does seem like it comes quickly once it is approved. I thought for sure it was going to take me at least 6-12 months to get approved. I am pre surgery as well....

You need to get some sleep Wheels! You have a very important day tomorrow! :-)

Oh geez...surgery in 3 and half hours!!!

Oh geez...surgery in 3 and half hours!!!

I'm guessing that you're in recovery and resting by now. I am sure you're doing great. Let us all know how you're hanging in there. :)

Hi all!

I got home about an hour ago... the whole process went by fairly smoothly. My stomach is a bit tight where the incisions are... but the gas pains are all gone.

I have a question for you veteran banders... were you guys able to drink right after surgery? I was told that it'd be tough to drink and that I'd only be able to take very small sips at a time.

However, I've been able to drink pretty nicely. I mean...I can't gulp the Water down... but I can drink fairly well.

Thanks for all your support... my journey begins here!

Congrats! :)

Even if you can drink easily remember your on pain meds and that doesn't mean you should. I did not follow food and drink instructions very well and so far, so good but if i had it to do over again, I wouldn't rush things. Take it easy today! Day 1 is best for sleeping in my opinion. Lol

Ahhh... I'm hurting now...

Seems like it's worse today than it was yesterday. I just have to survive the first week and I think I'll be fine....

Stomach is pretty sore and I have NO energy... didn't sleep too well....oh gosh... i just need to stop complaining :rolleyes:

I think the day of surgery you are still on major pain meds-but the day after you start to feel really sore. My throat also hurt for a couple of days. Remember to only drink/eat very small abouts every hour and to get those Protein Shakes (4oz) in - Protein aids in healing. I am over a wekk post-surgery and I feel great-hang in there!!

Oh go ahead and complain, I haven't met anyone yet who didn't complain after band surgery ;) It sucks! But it'll get better. I felt like a whole new person 2 weeks post surgery.

Haha! Exactly. I think the first few days after any surgery are a good time for complaining. It goes by really quickly though. You'll start improving very quickly now. :)