Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone .. ( this is tmi warning ) : /

I like many others have a problem with my stomach hanging down and causing a painful , hot rash . I haven't even been banded yet and I've heard once you try to get a TT after weight loss , that one ofthe reasons they get approved is for said rash . With that said , should I be complainingto my PCP about it now so it's on record ? Does that even matter ? Also , any tips or tricks you've used or know of that helps ease the rashes would be apperaticed !!! :)

I hear it does help to create a record of it being a problem.

Someone else posted about this recently and the suggestions were Desitin or another type of diaper ointment.

It could also be something that needs a prescription... Have your PCP have a look next time you go in.

I don't know for sure if the Dr. report helps, but it can't hurt...

Since I have been a kid this is what my Doc. told me to do.

First it is Bacteria, so you need to wash it away a couple times a day.

Use a wash cloth with warm soap,and Water and wash the area, then with warm

Water rinse it well.

Pat dry, do not rub !

Then apply NOXZEMA SKIN CREAM it's for chafed skin.

Now this will absorb pretty quick, so if you have to put it on again.

Then repeat in the evening.

Should be gone in a few days.

So keep it up.

When it's gone you can dust with a water proof powder so that the sweat doesn't start it up again.

Shirley.

I don't know for sure if the Dr. report helps, but it can't hurt...

Shirley.

Thank you so much ! I never thought about using Noxeema ! I've used the Destin and baby ointment like the previous post said . I usually just wash it a few times a day and let it air dry when possiable. It's just so much worse in this heat and when I work out !

I like many others have a problem with my stomach hanging down and causing a painful , hot rash . I haven't even been banded yet and I've heard once you try to get a TT after weight loss , that one ofthe reasons they get approved is for said rash . With that said , should I be complainingto my PCP about it now so it's on record ? Does that even matter ? Also , any tips or tricks you've used or know of that helps ease the rashes would be apperaticed !!! :)

Something I learned a couple years ago for under your breasts and what I like to call my "belly flap", Deodorant. I kid you not! This has been the best, quickest and less mess way to clear up rashes biggrin.gif

Definitely start the process of getting your rash documented. I don't know what your insurance will cover down the road toward a Tummy Tuck but the more documentation you have about the rash can only help. There is a powder called Zeazorb that you can get from behind the counter at your pharmacy (but doesn't require a prescription)...it works well for skin irritation.

Something I learned a couple years ago for under your breasts and what I like to call my "belly flap", Deodorant. I kid you not! This has been the best, quickest and less mess way to clear up rashes biggrin.gif

haha Ive actually done that a few times !!! It does help out the " girls" in the summer months !!! )

Definitely start the process of getting your rash documented. I don't know what your insurance will cover down the road toward a Tummy Tuck but the more documentation you have about the rash can only help. There is a powder called Zeazorb that you can get from behind the counter at your pharmacy (but doesn't require a prescription)...it works well for skin irritation.

Thanks! yea, i think im just going to go ahead and tell my Dr everything i can think of !! When you really think about it there are SO MANY things that being overweight interferes with ! Not only health wise but day to day ! =)

This is a bit late,

but the Aveno brand has an oat based lotion that works soooo well!

I cools and clears up the rash in no time!

Hope this helps.

OMG, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has used deodorant under their boobs. laugh.gif

I'm so getting them chopped off when I'm closer/at goal.

You definitely want a record of the rash. Easier to get insurance to pay for panniculectomy (skin removal) if there's a record of it. It's caused by yeast. Have your PCP write you a script for Nystatin cream and use it. It will clear it up in a matter of days.

Thank you so much !!