Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band Surgery Week of May 23rd - 27th, 2011

Hi there,

I am Misti and am 35 and live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.. I thought it would be nice to talk to others on here that got the lap band the week of the 23rd through the 27th. Would love to know how you are all doing and keep up with you through your journey. My surgery was Tuesday May 24th and everything went perfect.

I am still a bit sore in the port area and I want to itch my scars off. LOL I am also still walking around a bit slow, but I am doing much better. Have learned that when I have my liquid meal and feel the urge to burb, that is my sign to quit that I have had enough. I have never listened to my body so much. I am really excited about this journey, it has been a long time coming.

Pre-Liquid/ day of surgery / today/ goal

240/ 229/ 224/ 145

Hope to hear from you!! :)rolleyes.gif

Misti

I am in San Antonio and had my surgery on May 26th. Still sore but all in all the surgery was much easier than I expected. I am planning on going back to work on Tuesday, I have a desk job.

Hi Misti,

I was banded on 5/24 also at 10am! I don't think I'm doing as well as most and still not sure whether to give that credit to the band or possibly the hernia repair they did while in there. I've had a lot of nausea today and yesterday. Day 1 was great (I owe a lot of it to the pain meds at the hospital, I was inpatient as all my dr's patients are) and day 2 was horrible! The ride home really made me feel lousy and sore. I don't really feel any hunger but that's probably due to the nausea. Day 1 & 2 I was able to eat Jello and drink plenty but never did even finish a whole bowl of Jello (about 1/2 cup). I'm not feeling too itchy so far, but definetly sore!

Hope you continue getting better and enjoy your band!

Hi there,

I am Misti and am 35 and live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.. I thought it would be nice to talk to others on here that got the lap band the week of the 23rd through the 27th. Would love to know how you are all doing and keep up with you through your journey. My surgery was Tuesday May 24th and everything went perfect.

I am still a bit sore in the port area and I want to itch my scars off. LOL I am also still walking around a bit slow, but I am doing much better. Have learned that when I have my liquid meal and feel the urge to burb, that is my sign to quit that I have had enough. I have never listened to my body so much. I am really excited about this journey, it has been a long time coming.

Pre-Liquid/ day of surgery / today/ goal

240/ 229/ 224/ 145

Hope to hear from you!! :)rolleyes.gif

Misti

Glad to hear it is going ok sweetpea... can't wait to hear how your first day back at work goes. I am a photographer and am flying to Denver to shoot a wedding next Friday so hopefully all is good by then.. :)

Princess sorry to hear it is not going as smoothly for you.. as my Mom always says.. This too shall pass. Hang in there and keep us up to date with how you are doing..

Hi, I live in S. California. My surgery was Monday 5/23 at 10:00 I was home by 5pm that night. The pain was a lot better than I thought it would be. I am having significant issues with the Protein Shakes. I'm gonna try some new Protein Drinks today, hopefully they will go down well. I am very excited by this opportunity. I just need to get past the next week and a half. I wish you all so much success.

Good luck Jen.. :)

Hi everyone

I just got banded yesterday, the 27th. It all went smoothly and I'm of course sore but up and around and feeling overall ok today. I think the pain from the gas pockets in my check and shoulders is almost worse than the incision pain. I must have a lot of gas still holding in b/c today I weighed 5lbs more than yesterday...yikes! Hopefully that goes down soon.

Anyway hope you're all doing well!

Hi Lee,

I had a lot of pain in my neck from gas.. It has gone away now thank God.. Haha.. Good luck!!

Glad I'm not alone. :) How long did it take for it to go away?

Hi Lee,

I had a lot of pain in my neck from gas.. It has gone away now thank God.. Haha.. Good luck!!

Glad I'm not alone. :) How long did it take for it to go away?

It has gone away today.. :)

I was banded 24 May at 0730. I stayed in the hospital overnight because I also had a hernia repaired. I have had quite a few problems. First, I didn't anticipate the anxiety I have felt after the procedure. I have been back to the doctor twice (once because my incisions had all turned red around them and once because I was having so much discomfort right above the surgery site). I am still not sure if it's due to the hernia operation or the band itself. He felt around and did determine that I have a lot of swelling in the area of the band still. I am still in quite a bit of discomfort, not real pain unless I bend over though. I am so hungry I can hardly stand it right now. I cannot wait to get some more solid food inside my body!

Hello All my Band-Sisters abd Band-brothers!!

I was banded on May 25th-sore alittle and walking slow-but no real gas pains! Tok my first shower today-felt good! Went to a BBQ but didn't eat anything-just sipped on my Water which was fine. CAme home drank 4oz Protein Shakes. I stopped my Patmark and found Luigi's Italian Ice -I gotthe banana and choc favor and it is SO awesome. I am not sure if this is really allowed,but I know icey pops are so what's the big difference? Feels like a real treat!!! :)

Hi my fellow May bandsters!!

My name is Amber and I was banded on 5/23 at 1pm. Stayed over night but also had a hernia repaired. All in all I don't think I ever had any pain. Just discomfort that was never TOO bad. Today was the first morning i got out of bed without feeling any pain in my incisions. Now since i've been out today and running errands wearing jeans I guess its rubbing a bit. I feel some discomfort but not bad at all! also i've been itchy around my incisions. Guess they're healing. The only thing KILLING me is....

I'm Starving!! lol

I smell food and my mouth waters.

this two weeks of Clear Liquids is beating me down. And I just can't find a Protein Shake that can work for me. I'm so disgusted. so i'm not getting any Protein in. smh. But.. i'm banded. :-) lol

Good luck to you all and hope you're all coming along nicely.

Hi,

I was banded on Wednesday, May 25th. I also had a large hernia repaired. I went home the same day but it was an uncomfortable ride. I am amazed at how quickly the pain goes down. I could easily do without pain meds today, but taking them keeps my blood pressure from going up so much. I was banded by Dr. Holden at True Results in Richardson Texas. Today was my first day to go out and I went to my grandson's HS graduation. It was almost too much but I'm glad I went.

I am really hungry today. I have only had one Protein Shake because I'm too tired to make another one. I'll try to get one in soon.

Hello to all you other May lapbanders, I also was banded on May 24th and am doing pretty well. Other than diarrhea and alot of noises in my abdomen, I am doing quite well. I went to work today and although I am still quite weak from not eating for so long, I made it pretty well. I have some soreness, but no pain. I have only lost 4 pounds since I started the pre-op diet, so I hope that I do better as the swelling goes down. Good luck to you all!:D