Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, my Tummy Tuck and port replacement is tentatively scheduled for July 13. My choice to wait a bit because of a vacation at the beach. I admit I am a little nervous. I know it is not an easy surgery/recovery. But I am looking forward to being rid of the rolls that are continuing to make me self-conscious regardless of my weight loss

Well, my Tummy Tuck and port replacement is tentatively scheduled for July 13. My choice to wait a bit because of a vacation at the beach. I admit I am a little nervous. I know it is not an easy surgery/recovery. But I am looking forward to being rid of the rolls that are continuing to make me self-conscious regardless of my weight loss

Congrats and best wishes. It's so worth it!

Thanks Sue. I am sure I will be terrified by the time July 13 gets here- lol. I will be a hot mess by then I am nearly positive. Luckily my hubby will be home take care of the kids (all 3 of em). How long is the typical hospital stay?

Thanks Sue. I am sure I will be terrified by the time July 13 gets here- lol. I will be a hot mess by then I am nearly positive. Luckily my hubby will be home take care of the kids (all 3 of em). How long is the typical hospital stay?

Hi:

I stayed one night for my Tummy Tuck. So hard to sleep at a hospital, even with the morphine. I think my surgeon's rule was stay for 24 hours post op. I was so glad to go home!

Let me know if you have any other questions. You may also want to check out www.makemeheal.com It's all plastic surgery related.

Sue

Thanks Sue. I will check it out. I don't like the hospital much either - I was in nearly 3 days when my band was put in last June because my first band slipped immediately - so I had it done twice within 36 hrs. But even with the annoyance of a slipped band and the chaos of a hospital it was quieter than my house typically is ( I have a 10 yr old g, a 4 yr old b, and 2 yr old B)

Thanks Sue. I will check it out. I don't like the hospital much either - I was in nearly 3 days when my band was put in last June because my first band slipped immediately - so I had it done twice within 36 hrs. But even with the annoyance of a slipped band and the chaos of a hospital it was quieter than my house typically is ( I have a 10 yr old g, a 4 yr old b, and 2 yr old B)

Congrats on the TT date. Just had a friend that had it done last Thursday and she was off pain meds within a couple of days and is up and about and doing well. Just be careful with not to lift with the kids, around the house, etc...not easy with little ones. Let the older children know ahead of time that momma will need a helping hand.

I am currently waiting on insurance approval for a panni....fingers crossed. Good luck to you and I am wishing for you the best results possible. Take care

Congrats on the TT date. Just had a friend that had it done last Thursday and she was off pain meds within a couple of days and is up and about and doing well. Just be careful with not to lift with the kids, around the house, etc...not easy with little ones. Let the older children know ahead of time that momma will need a helping hand.

I am currently waiting on insurance approval for a panni....fingers crossed. Good luck to you and I am wishing for you the best results possible. Take care

Thanks Apples

I hope you get your insurance approval soon. I really wish my skin had bounced back a better. I have lost 80 lbs in the year since my banding and have gone from a 22 to nearly a 10. I think my current weight is realistic - and everyone tells me how wonderful I look - but with this flab hanging in the front I am so self-conscious - still wearing my xxx t-shirts for the most part - it's funny I wasn't this self-conscious when I weighed over 260 lbs

Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick approval & then a quick recovery for youbiggrin.gif

Thanks Apples

I hope you get your insurance approval soon. I really wish my skin had bounced back a better. I have lost 80 lbs in the year since my banding and have gone from a 22 to nearly a 10. I think my current weight is realistic - and everyone tells me how wonderful I look - but with this flab hanging in the front I am so self-conscious - still wearing my xxx t-shirts for the most part - it's funny I wasn't this self-conscious when I weighed over 260 lbs

Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick approval & then a quick recovery for youbiggrin.gif

I've been at goal since Oct, 2008. Decided to give it a "wait and see". My apron has continued to droop month after month. It looks OK in my slacks but really bothers me. Rashes, waking me when I get it under my hip bone while sleeping, etc. I am anxious to find out if it's covered. And, if not, will decide if I want to put the $$ out to self-pay.

I feel very fortunate that my dr's office was able to get mine covered or it would have been Spanx for life for me.

You will be glad you waited and had your vacation first. I did the same thing. I waited 3 months so that the surgery wouldn't slow me down on our family trip to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. I am so glad I it did it that way. I had my TT 10 days ago and now I can concentrate on healing.

I am only 10 days into the process but if you have any questions please feel free to ask. It is a big surgery and it takes a while to recover. On the positive side, even though I am still wearing my compression garment and just had the drains removed, I look sooooooooooooo much better. The rolls and flab are gone. It feels awesome to sit down and not have a bunch of flab laying on my thighs. I am so happy with how it turned out that even the swelling looks better than my stomach did. Enjoy your trip and congratulations on your upcoming TT.

Thanks Sndy. I admit I am nervous about the surgery. I have heard some people are in immense pain and some are ok. I think I have a pretty good pain tolerance so I am hoping to be on the ok pain wise. I am looking forward to not seeing the flab.

Congrats to you on your TT. I have heard Sedona and the Grand Canyon are beautiful places!

I won't soft soap it - the pain is pretty intense however, the pain meds make it tolerable. Aside from making it tolerable, they put you to sleep. I have to admit, I don't even remember much of the first day; probably the effect of anesthesia. I stayed on the pain pills, 24 hours a day, for 4 days. After that I took a pill or two each day. Originally, I planned to go back to work on Tuesday, Monday is Memorial Day. I have changed my plan and will take next week off as well. That will be a total time off work for me of 2 weeks and 2 days. I have heard that most people go back after one week. That did not happen for me. I could probably push myself and go back now but I wouldn’t be comfortable and I would not be productive. I think they deserve to have me back in 100% condition. I deserve to stay at home until I feel 100%.

How long were you in the hospital? Trying to prepare my husband for how long I will be in. I was in 36 hours for my banding

Mine was done as out patient surgery. From what I have heard, most are done out patient but there are a few done in patient. I don't know what the criteria is for in patient. I was scheduled for 8:00 AM surgery but had to arrive at 6:30 AM for prep work. My surgery lasted 3 hours and I was discharged 2 hours after that. I was home by 2:00 PM and bascally slept for the rest of the day and night. I was told that I needed my husband to be with me for 24 hours. I had my surgery on Thursday and he took off both Thursday and Friday so I had him for four days with the weekend. I really only needed him the first 48 hours. I went on the couch when we got home - big mistake! I could not get up on my own. I went to the lazy boy after that but found it best not to use the recline at first. I used an ottoman; it was much easier for me to push the ottoman with my feet and use my arms to help push me up.

Do you have a surgeon picked out? He or she would be the best one to ask about a hospital stay. I hope you are as thrilled as I am with the results!

Mine was done as out patient surgery. From what I have heard, most are done out patient but there are a few done in patient. I don't know what the criteria is for in patient. I was scheduled for 8:00 AM surgery but had to arrive at 6:30 AM for prep work. My surgery lasted 3 hours and I was discharged 2 hours after that. I was home by 2:00 PM and bascally slept for the rest of the day and night. I was told that I needed my husband to be with me for 24 hours. I had my surgery on Thursday and he took off both Thursday and Friday so I had him for four days with the weekend. I really only needed him the first 48 hours. I went on the couch when we got home - big mistake! I could not get up on my own. I went to the lazy boy after that but found it best not to use the recline at first. I used an ottoman; it was much easier for me to push the ottoman with my feet and use my arms to help push me up.

Do you have a surgeon picked out? He or she would be the best one to ask about a hospital stay. I hope you are as thrilled as I am with the results!

the same surgeon who did my band is doing my tt - I should have asked him last week when I was in the office, but I didn't think of any questions then. It doesn't really matter how long I am in - surprised that a tt is an outpaitient surgery - but I would rather be at home anyway.