Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so suprised to hear that you are still able to get Armour. The closest Cotco is about 80 miles away. I have checked Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS and Sams Club pharmacies. I even asked my grocery store's pharmacy (Safeway/Vons) and all say they can no longer get it.

Maybe I need to move just to be closer to a costco. LOL

I will talk to my doctor next time I go in about it.

Thanks

Shirley~"We are not like the rest of the banders, weight loss for us can be very hard. So if it means cutting back in calories, and having the band a little snug so that I'm not hungry.... I'll do it".

How do you go about finding a doctor that will prescribe Armour? Why are many Endo's so against it?

Shirley~"We are not like the rest of the banders, weight loss for us can be very hard. So if it means cutting back in calories, and having the band a little snug so that I'm not hungry.... I'll do it".

How do you go about finding a doctor that will prescribe Armour? Why are many Endo's so against it?

There are no Endo doctors where I live. I think the closest one is probably by the costco miles and miles away. My primary doctor will and has prescribed Armour but I just can not get the pharmacies in my area to fill the prescription for it. They all say they can not longer get it and I was told the manufactuer stoped making it. I will have to look into further.

I am ONE year and 3 months out from my surgery and i also suffer from hypothyroid issue! I started at 236.5 and I am currently at 172 pounds...it took me a long time to lose 65 pounds and my journey is far from over but you guys can do it!!!...it just takes time and really try not to get discouraged...it took me until about the 8 month mark to start really losing weight....and I attribute that to not being properly filled until then and because i didn't start exerising right away... I know if may take me another year or even two to lose the remaining 35 pounds but thats ok with me because like everyone on here says I sure as hell didn't get fat over night so getting rid this excess weight is going to take time :)

There are no Endo doctors where I live. I think the closest one is probably by the costco miles and miles away. My primary doctor will and has prescribed Armour but I just can not get the pharmacies in my area to fill the prescription for it. They all say they can not longer get it and I was told the manufactuer stoped making it. I will have to look into further.

I just did some on line pharmacy shopping, and costco delivers for free, and they were the cheapest.

Type in on line pharmacy, and as you scroll down, I found comparison prices.

Thats where I found it. So there is hope.

PharmacyCheckerLogo.gif

Find the best drug prices from verified online pharmacies

SearchBoxTop.gifCOMPARE DRUG PRICES

SearchBoxBot.gif

Armour Thyroid Pricing & Ordering Comparisons

var sUrl = windows.location; document.getElementById('fb').setAttribute('href', sUrl); window.fbAsyncInit = function() { FB.init({appId: '147712561939162', status: true, cookie: true, xfbml: true}); }; (function() { var e = document.createElement('script'); e.type = 'text/javascript'; e.src = document.location.protocol + '//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js'; e.async = true; document.getElementById('fb-root').appendChild(e); }());

To visit a pharmacy's website, click on their logo or click "Go" in the last column. pix.gifpix.gifpix.gifALL PRICES FOR: Armour Thyroid — Brand Version : 120 mg

To help you find the lowest cost Armour Thyroid before you buy Armour Thyroid read the NOTE. Review Armour Thyroid prices below. Get FREE Price Alerts!Manage AlertsReceive alerts of latest prices for:

Armour Thyroid — 120 mg Monthly 90 Days www.Costco.com

I just did some on line pharmacy shopping, and costco delivers for free, and they were the cheapest.

Type in on line pharmacy, and as you scroll down, I found comparison prices.

Thats where I found it. So there is hope.

Thank you so much for researching that! I truly appreciate it. I will look into right away.:D

I can't tell you how glad I am to know, I am NOT alone. We thyroid bandsters should stick together and share our successes with each other.

Mary Shoman has tons of info on the web about thyroid disease and the related struggles that go along with it. She is on fb as well. I look forward to her regular e-newsletter. You can sign up for it here and have sent directly to your email account free.

http://thyroid.about...-Shomon-350.htm

Any of you have problems with your hair? Mine is so dry and breaks easily. BTW, I am getting close to 70-80 grams of Protein a day.

Melonie

I go through spells where my hair falls out to it being very dry and brittle. I have had to splurge and have it professionally conditioned along with my scalp treated. It helps some but the problem comes from within the body but it doesn't hurt to be kind to your hair. Thanks for the link! I look forward to checking that out.

Just FYI..I'm on 200 mcg of Synthroid daily. This is likely to change everytime I have my check up..it goes up and down. Synthroid keeps it pretty level,,it also depends on what I eat, how much sleep I get, stress,,etc. I've tried everything else with no luck...I have to have name brand. No generics or natural remedies.

I can't tell you how glad I am to know, I am NOT alone. We thyroid bandsters should stick together and share our successes with each other.

Mary Shoman has tons of info on the web about thyroid disease and the related struggles that go along with it. She is on fb as well. I look forward to her regular e-newsletter. You can sign up for it here and have sent directly to your email account free.

http://thyroid.about...-Shomon-350.htm

Any of you have problems with your hair? Mine is so dry and breaks easily. BTW, I am getting close to 70-80 grams of Protein a day.

Melonie

My hair is long and straight, so when I run a comb threw it, I always have some hair breaking off, but I think this is normal with long hair. Skin is not dry and flaky at all. Yes we should all stick together, because our condition is different from the regular Bandsters.

I had a post-op appointment today and my doc decided I was ready for a small fill. He seemed please with my 12pd weight loss in the last 8 weeks and commented his hypo-thyroid patients are slower in weight loss.

It has been so hot here in Eastern, NC these last few days. Heat index has been 110 degrees this week and to be honest, I have not felt much like eating nor riding my bike or walking. Have any of you noticed weather affects the band?

Just realized what the word Diet stands for, "Do I Eat Today?" Just kidding!

I too can join those who would like the weight to come off faster. My throid is very poorly functioning even with medication. The doctor is very happy with my weight loss of one pound per week, although I would like it to be quicker, I know that I did not gain it overnight. I had my second fill on Wed. and can really tell a difference now. I just keep on telling myself that my clothes are looser, I am moving faster and I feel better. Best of luck to everyone and keep up the good work-no matter how slow it is coming off-it is coming off.

I'm also Hypo-thyroid... I'm glad I found this post. I realized that I am not alone. Few people really understand the challenges and frustrations we face.

I had a post-op appointment today and my doc decided I was ready for a small fill. He seemed please with my 12pd weight loss in the last 8 weeks and commented his hypo-thyroid patients are slower in weight loss.

It has been so hot here in Eastern, NC these last few days. Heat index has been 110 degrees this week and to be honest, I have not felt much like eating nor riding my bike or walking. Have any of you noticed weather affects the band?

Just realized what the word Diet stands for, "Do I Eat Today?" Just kidding!

Yes ! big time,,, the weather will affectect the band, so will stress, like argueing.

If you can,,, stay on liquids for a couple days, so you don't swell up.

Rule is 3days liquid, 1 day mushies, then try food. (THIS IS ANYTIME THEY ADJUST YOUR BAND.)

Good evening everyone. I came across this thread and I just had to post.I was diagnosed with Hashimotos in January 2008 ( I believe that I probably always had a sluggish thyroid but that it was finally pushed into hypothyroidism when I went through chemo from Jan to April 2007. Anyway when I met with my surgeon he tried to steer me towards getting the bypass b/c with my Hashimotos it would be slower to lose weight and I would have to work much harder at it. told him I was willing to to do that with the band. So on April 6th I was banded and so far I have lost 41 lbs (includes the 13 lbs I lost pre-op from liquid diet). I had a fill on May 24th of 3cc. I am currently on 75mcg synthroid. I will be seeing my endo this coming friday. BTW according to my endo if your levels are in the normal range than you should have no problem losing weight. I so hope that my WL keeps going along as it has.