Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2011 Bandsters Report In

Just curious how all the May 2011 Bandsters are doing?

We seem to have a small little group! Hopefully we get more active! I was banded on the 25th and just now feeling human. I posted my story on the surgery stories board. It wasn't pretty but it's done and I'm happy to start working on losing. I can drink broth, slimfast/atkins, pudding or Jello as well as sugar free drinks. I get that full feeling (lump in my throat) if I try to eat too much or drink too fast.

My biggest problem so far is with sipping. If I sip, I feel like I'm swallowing air too! UGH!

I'm tempted today to eat some cream Soup. my doc told me right before going in that liquids meant liquids... even cream soups/tomato Soups with milk.. etc... so I may try some cream of mushroom Soup tonight because I'm just done with broth.

How long did the port pain keep you on pain meds? My port hurts bad when I move so Ive been on my meds up until today.. I haven't had any since this am.

I'm doing pretty good, I think. I was banded on the 16th and I'm up to pureed foods (3 days Clear Liquids, one week full liquids, now pureed). I have never been so happy to eat a scrambled egg in my LIFE lol. But it's worth it, I've lost a total of 25 pounds! Also, I'm off my pain meds and other than the occasional twinge, I feel fine.

Hello Ladies. I was on pain meds for about ten days mostly at bedtime towards the end. Im still on mushy diet until the 15th of June when I get my first fill. Ive lost 14 pounds since being banded on May 11th. Yes we are a small group but thats ok.

Hello everybody! I was banded on the 24th of May, and feel pretty good. I have lost 6 pounds so far, with a three day pre-op fast. I haven't used any pain meds, except the first day. So, my only real issue is chronic gas, belching, and diarrhea. But I am really looking forward to this whole journey. I am determined to make this work. I am glad we have support with each other and this whole website. :D We'll keep each other encouraged, so Go Girls (and guys??)!

Hello..I am thrilled to find this site it has been a lifesaver. I was banded on the 26th. The first few days I felt great but was taking pain meds every 6 hours. I walked alot in order to get rid of the gas. Yesterday was my worst day I couldn't leave the bathroom and was dry heaving. I was really questioning if I had made the right decision. I posted a message for help inbetween the tears and gagging and was touched by the support. It really helped me realize that I am not in this alone and I can make this work with the help of friends that are battling the same issues.

As for diet my doctor has me on clear liquids (broth, Jello, clear juices) for a full 7 days. I have lost 10 pounds so far and can't wait until Thursday when I get to eat liquids that aren't clear. I would have never thought I could get excited for a pudding or creamed Soup but I am dying for some variety. I get to the point I would rather go without then have anymore broth.< /p>

I look forward to hearing everyones experiences and sharing our success :)

Hi - I was just banded yesterday. Yesterday was pretty tough, but today I feel good. The gas/ air pain is gone, as is the nausea from the anesthesia. I have three incisions - belly button, port, and one other where I guess they had to get in to move my liver out of the way. The only one that hurts is the belly buton, so I feel good about that. I am on clear liquids for a week. So far, not too bad. I am anxious to eat something more substantial than Jello though :)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and to figuring out how to make my profile here.

peace, nora

Hello fellow May Lapbanders! Here's my update: I am doing quite well. I am now 10 days since my band and I feel pretty good. I have been able to eat some really ripe soft fruit, and scrambled egg and homemade potato Soup. I love getting to eat something finally. I found out that I still eat too fast. I am learning to eat just a small amount and more slowly, that's the key. You can always eat something again in a couple of hours. I have lost 7 pounds so far. How are the rest of you May Lapbanders doing?

HI May banders, I was banded on May 13th, am in my final week of puree foods. Lost a total of 16pounds so far. Am very happy with the results!

Hello May Bansters,

I am 6 days post op and I am doing pretty good. I have not had to take any pain meds since leaving the hospital. I am still on liquids however, I have started adding watery oatmeal and grits to my diet. The gas is pretty minimal however, my stomache is still swollen. I had my band place by single port so that area around my belly button is really big and swollen right now. I hope it goes down soon, im starting to look pregnant.blink.gif I have lost a total of 10 pounds since surgery day and 8 lbs pre op for a total of 18 pounds lost which is way more than I expected at this point.

Hang in there guys....

Hi all, i was banded on May 4th (tomorrow is my 1 month bandiversary, yay!! ) and i've lost just over 30 pounds (including the pre-op diet) and i feel pretty great. i have a lot more energy than I had 30 days ago, that is for sure. i went in yesterday for a follow up visit. i was supposed to get my first fill and i told the doctor that i don't think i need one, so he didn't give me one. it's not that i have restriction, but i am definitely not really getting hungry. i eat my 3 Protein heavy meals per day, though sometimes i substitute a Protein shake for Breakfast, and i'm going more than 5 hours without getting hungry. at this point, i don't think i absolutely have to have a lot of restriction, plus, i'm going on vacation in july and i want to be able to eat some things, so i will re-evaluate and maybe get a fill in august. the doc said as long as the scale is moving down he would prefer to not give me a fill if i don't think i need one.

so, that is where i am. i can eat pretty much anything i want, but i'm sticking pretty close to measured stuff and it is keeping me satisfied. this will be the first week i have been cleared to do exercise, so hopefully my weight loss will go somewhere this month.

congrats to everyone for doing so well on your journeys thus far.

Hi fellow Maybanders!

I had my surgery on May 28th, and have been really lucky - no problems at all. I had my first fill on Saturday (18th), and am getting used to the more restricted feeling I get when swallowing.

Really happy with my loss so far - but I need to get off my butt and do more exercise!

Wishing you all a great week,

Gordana

I was banded on May 30. I get my first fill this Friday. I have had no problems. In fact, I feel almost like I did not have surgery at all. I can't wait to feel restricted and get going with this weight loss!

Congrats to all on your progress. I was banded on May 19th. I have lost 14lbs thus far. I didn't have any major pain after surgery I took Motrin and Tylenol for the first 4-5 days. I will go in for my first fill the week of July 4th. I have been walking/jogging for a few weeks now. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope to keep in touch. Blogging has helped me stay focused and accountable. Check out my blog: http://realitylapband.blogspot.com/

Hi May Bandsters

I was banded May 25th. I am doing well. I can eat regular soft foods without a problem. I just have to remember to take small bites and chew. Nurses eat fast so this is a hard thing to do. I have lost 26 lbs since May 11. I am getting hungry and need a fill but my port site is just now scabbing over so no fill until August 1. I exercise on treadmill and bike. Started Water aerobics today with waterproof bandaid. Keep up the good work everyone.