Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else a nerdy-goodie two shoes and SO careful since being banded?

I don't mean to sound like a geeky goody two shoes...but I want to know if anyone else is terrified of breaking any of the "rules" your doctor laid down and is following them completely?

I just feel like this is the chance I've been waiting for and I don't want to blow it. I know I won't be perfect on this journey. I know i will have my missteps and falls. I know I'll have challenges. But I really am trying to be as close to 100% as I can in being compliant on this journey.

I feel like I deserve this opportunity and I'm really blessed to have it and maybe I'm too freaking serious but I want this to work SO bad that I am willing to be a bit hungry or inconvenienced.

I failed WW so many times, I failed EVERY diet so many times...and this is the chance I've wanted and now I've got it and I'm not messing with it.

And hell..besides health (main important mission) I want to look cute for the summer...and my goal is to be a certified hottie for new year's eve! :)

Thanks for listening to me rant. :P

Hugs,

BandedKitten

Highest/surgery date/current/goal 205/197/182/135

Banded: May 12th

Sounds like you'll do great!

I don't mean to sound like a geeky goody two shoes...but I want to know if anyone else is terrified of breaking any of the "rules" your doctor laid down and is following them completely?

I just feel like this is the chance I've been waiting for and I don't want to blow it. I know I won't be perfect on this journey. I know i will have my missteps and falls. I know I'll have challenges. But I really am trying to be as close to 100% as I can in being compliant on this journey.

I feel like I deserve this opportunity and I'm really blessed to have it and maybe I'm too freaking serious but I want this to work SO bad that I am willing to be a bit hungry or inconvenienced.

I failed WW so many times, I failed EVERY diet so many times...and this is the chance I've wanted and now I've got it and I'm not messing with it.

And hell..besides health (main important mission) I want to look cute for the summer...and my goal is to be a certified hottie for new year's eve! :)

Thanks for listening to me rant. :P

Hugs,

BandedKitten

Highest/surgery date/current/goal 205/197/182/135

Banded: May 12th

"nerdy-goodie two shoes and SO careful since being banded": ME? Not so much. :P I have always been a rebel and I am toooo old to change. I do try ... in spurts. LOL

But if that is how you want to make your journey I say GO FOR IT BandedKitten! This is YOUR journey and you can do it any way you like. I admire your desire to "do the right thing" and I wish you the very best.

Also, my doc was extremely lax with the "rules" ... mostly because he is a general surgeon. Good surgeon, nice guy ... just not a lot of hand holding. No prob. I learned a lot about lapband on this forum.

Good luck!

~Fran

Call me a nerd too! I was just recently banded, but I plan on following the same path. I'm too afraid of screwing this up to cheat! Like you said, mistakes will be made, but I don't plan on going easy on myself. I've got goals that I plan on meeting!!!

Call me a nerd too! I was just recently banded, but I plan on following the same path. I'm too afraid of screwing this up to cheat! Like you said, mistakes will be made, but I don't plan on going easy on myself. I've got goals that I plan on meeting!!!

Nerds unite! We have nothing to lose but our Butts! and rolls..and chins....ROFLMAO

Let's keep in touch. :)

hugs,

bandedkitten

highest/surgery/current/goal

205/197/182/135

"nerdy-goodie two shoes and SO careful since being banded": ME? Not so much. :P I have always been a rebel and I am toooo old to change. I do try ... in spurts. LOL

But if that is how you want to make your journey I say GO FOR IT BandedKitten! This is YOUR journey and you can do it any way you like. I admire your desire to "do the right thing" and I wish you the very best.

Also, my doc was extremely lax with the "rules" ... mostly because he is a general surgeon. Good surgeon, nice guy ... just not a lot of hand holding. No prob. I learned a lot about lapband on this forum.

Good luck!

~Fran

I love your response, Fran. i'm usually the rebel, too. But wiht my band, i'm gonna be a geeky nerd. A band nerd! :) I'm learning a lot from the forum, too. Thanks for responding.

hugs,

bandedkitten

highest/surgery/current/goal

205/197/182/135

I was very strict with myself in the beginning, I think it's part of what fueled my success. I always held myself accountable, still do but nowadays I am pretty lax; eat what I want in moderation, no more low carbing, etc etc. Couldn't be happier.

Yes, I strickly followed my doctors orders, especially regarding the food progression from Clear Liquids to full liquids etc. My personal experience is that often when people write on this board about issues post op it turns out they have not followed their doctors orders. Not trying to be mean spirited just noting what I've seen.

i too am so afraid of messing up that i follow my surgeons instructions to a tee! I have wanted this for soooo long and fought my weight my entire adult life that i am pertrified of messing up. I am soooo scared of getting stuck once i eat solid foods cuz i dont want to throw up. I'm hopeing to work thru these fear by the time sold food comes. But yeah im a gooody two shoes and proud of it!!!LOL

I have failed every diet and diet program miserbly. I want this to work so bad as well. I have pretty much followed my doctors advise. My problem is that I am so afraid of eating too much or making the wrong food choices I just do without. Which I keep being told it not good either. I eat once a day sometimes twice a day plus 1 protien shake. I do not get nearly enough protien like my doctor wants. But I too would rather be hungry and deal with the hunger then let myself and everyone around me down. This is my last ditch effort to lose weight. If I do not succeed on this, then I have no idea what I would do. I know this summer is too late to look like a "hottie". But I would love to be able to go to the river next summer and be able to get in and out of the boat without looking like a whale is trying to get on board!

I wish everyone great success in their journey! :rolleyes:

I feel like this is my last chance, too. And even if I do "ease" up in the future when I have only 10-15 lbs to lose near the end...but i want to stay tough on myself for now. I eat healthy and this is the first time in YEARS that I feel determined and motivated because with the band's help i think I can do this. I had really lost hope. I finally have hope back again...and it feels so good that I'm just not testing it. I'm sure once I become a seasoned bandster I'll ease up...but it's too early for that for me.

:blink:

While your motivation is high, go forth and be strong! Create the habits that will stay with you for the long journey to come.

I didn't really have a lot of rules to follow. But I am with Reverie and Honk. During immediate post-op phase and after fills, I do what I am told exactly.

Love it "Band Nerd". Yes, I am a rule follower. I felt like I had to jump thru hoops to get this surgery approved I am not screwing it up :) I followed my instructions after surgery ( 6 weeks of full liquids - uggh) I did not want anything to happen.