Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

self pay options

Anyone have any suggestions on how to finance self pay? I don't have the best credit and can't borrow from friends or family.

Hi there, I'm new here too, you might want to try Care Credit...I think they work with people that have bad credit. They provide financing for medical procedures.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to finance self pay? I don't have the best credit and can't borrow from friends or family.

With a down payment , my hospital allowed a 2 year payment plan with no interest. And then 4 months after that they offered a 50% discount to pay off the account which I moved heaven and earth to scrape together!!! So in essence I got my band inclusive of everything for $7000.... even less than what I would have spent traveling out of the country for the procedure. Now the only cost are the fills. ($50 each time)

Talk with your Doctor.. if you don't like his answer... check with others in your area including hospitals.... there are lots of options out there for self pay.

Care Credit is what I am using because we lost our employee health insurance when my husband lost his job this past December. You will get an instant decision online when you apply.

The surgery center I am using next week participates in a 0% interest program with Care Credit if you pay off the balance in 18 months. The plan for doing that is pay the monthly payments, work any overtime I can, and use our 2011 federal tax return to pay this off in that amount of time. We will put ourselves on a more strict budget and our annual vacations will be put on hold for this 18 mo. period. HTH with ideas.

I pursued lap band surgery almost 2 years ago. Jumped through all the hoops, and then 2 weeks before I thought I would be having surgery, insurance sent a letter denying me. Instead of appealing the decision, I let it drop, thinking I could do the weight loss on my own. I have regretted it ever since. I wish I would have appealed it and argued with them til the end. My insurance company stopped covering weight loss surgery as of April 1st, so there is no hope for me to have financial assistance from them now. My only option is to pay out of pocket. Maybe re-fi the house, borrow against the 401K, I don't know. I don't even know what costs estimates are for the surgery. Can people give me a general ideas of costs? I realize it will vary by state but it will give me an idea of what I could be looking at.

I pursued lap band surgery almost 2 years ago. Jumped through all the hoops, and then 2 weeks before I thought I would be having surgery, insurance sent a letter denying me. Instead of appealing the decision, I let it drop, thinking I could do the weight loss on my own. I have regretted it ever since. I wish I would have appealed it and argued with them til the end. My insurance company stopped covering weight loss surgery as of April 1st, so there is no hope for me to have financial assistance from them now. My only option is to pay out of pocket. Maybe re-fi the house, borrow against the 401K, I don't know. I don't even know what costs estimates are for the surgery. Can people give me a general ideas of costs? I realize it will vary by state but it will give me an idea of what I could be looking at.

Average cost of the Lapband is $9900 in the United States. Some places that are just starting up are offering it for $8900 as an introductory offer. Some people are going to Mexico to have the surgery done and then having their fills done State side. I do not know how much that costs since that was not an option for me. There are plenty of people in the forums talking about it though.