Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rudeness in the other forums

I've noticed alot of rudeness and lecturing going on here lately. One would almost be afraid to ask for advice for fear of being told the same type of things we've been told our whole lifes. Your not trying hard enough type of comments. There is no need to publicly berate people that have come here for support. There is a way to tell someone to get there act together without being mean and rude.

I asked about a certain type of plastic surgery and got my ass jumped that why am I even thinking about PS I was just banded. There r Ton of know it alls here that's for sure

Banded August 28 2012<br />Starting weight 293<br />Day of surgery weight 273<br />Current weight 254<br />Goal weight 160 5ft 10

On the good side, I've noticed just the opposite. Most people are truly helpful with their inputs, whether they work for all people, I don't know. From fellow bandsters, I appreciate all the help and inputs I've received from all of you.

Keep the faith and Best wishes.

On the good side' date=' I've noticed just the opposite. Most people are truly helpful with their inputs, whether they work for all people, I don't know. From fellow bandsters, I appreciate all the help and inputs I've received from all of you.

Keep the faith and Best wishes.[/quote']

I agree! Sometimes it's hard to determine if someone is joking around or if they really want an opinion. Plus are you dealing with a real bandster or like someone said "a kid just having some fun", which I have run across. Almost all posters are really trying to be helpful and are concerned about someone's well being.

I guess when you post you should say

Opinions not welcomed...or unless you have a sense of humor need not reply.

I wish everyone the best of luck and that no one experience serious complications due to lack of knowledge.

Agreed! I think it's very often due to the anonymous nature of forums like this. People can be whatever they want to be, and some act out because they feel they "can." Awhile back someone posted a comment that really made me think: How do you know the person who is posting problem posts isn't really a 12 year old boy who is playing tricks by masquerading as a 40 year old mother of three? Got me to thinking - you never really know who's on the other end of the computer screen. ohmy.gif

Dave

This very type thing happened to a bunch of us on another forum. Some man joined and posed as a little girl with cancer named "Nicole". Strung people along for many months posting pictures and details of her treatment and what not. I forgot how it happened but someone figured out it was a ruse and "Nicole" disappeared after that. Then she reappeared later and stated she was just screwing with people and shouldn't be banned from the forum if they couldn't take a joke.

I know exactly what you mean and I HATE it. I have posted what I thought were simple questions/comments and "people" come back with smart ass answers or are just plain mean. My last posting I actually put that I don't want lectures or anyone telling me how they ONLY eat healthy stuff. I thought this was a place to ask questions and get them answered by those who have been there before.

I know exactly what you mean and I HATE it. I have posted what I thought were simple questions/comments and "people" come back with smart ass answers or are just plain mean. My last posting I actually put that I don't want lectures or anyone telling me how they ONLY eat healthy stuff. I thought this was a place to ask questions and get them answered by those who have been there before.

am sorry anyone was mean to you (i pray that it was not me). but i have had some hum dinger pm's to me about myself and what i do/say and blog about. so i can relate.

like i use to tell my son (and still do) i just say thumper......if you cant say nothing nice, dont say it at all.

♥carolinagirl♥--no it was not you!!! You were great and gave me something to think about. It's all those who think that just because they lost a little weight that they are the foremost experts and that everyone else is stupid because "we" aren't as perfect as they are. ***Ok...getting off the box now***

♥carolinagirl♥--no it was not you!!! You were great and gave me something to think about. It's all those who think that just because they lost a little weight that they are the foremost experts and that everyone else is stupid because "we" aren't as perfect as they are. ***Ok...getting off the box now***

stay on your soapbox as much as you want gf

i shall listen