Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's the Best in Florida? Best Surgeon? Best Aftercare?

I'm waiting to see if my insurance will deny my first appeal. If so we'll be changing our provider at the first opportunity we get. We are also looking at a possible move across Florida with my husband's job. So with that being said, who's the Best in Florida? Best Surgeon? Best Aftercare?

Try Dr.Paul Wizman in Tamarac Florida he performed my surgery and he did good and he is also nice.

I don't know what part of Florida you are in, but without a doubt, I would go with Dr. Patrick Domkowski of Riverside Surgical in Sebastian Florida. He is a surgeon with Sebastian River Medical Center and is AMAZING. His after care is exceptional, he is friendly, very competent, excellent credentials and his office staff so welcoming and friendly. They help you with the insurance steps, DON'T charge some crazy program fee like other doctors do and I have recommended others to him and they adore his just as much. It was a smooth easy process and he is an amazing surgeon. Truly!!!

126 lbs lighter thanks to the fantastic job Dr. D did on my surgery...I highly recommend him!

http://www.riversidesurgicalweightloss.com/meet_the_team.htm

Good luck to you!!!

Stephanie

I don't know what part of Florida you are in, but without a doubt, I would go with Dr. Patrick Domkowski of Riverside Surgical in Sebastian Florida. He is a surgeon with Sebastian River Medical Center and is AMAZING. His after care is exceptional, he is friendly, very competent, excellent credentials and his office staff so welcoming and friendly. They help you with the insurance steps, DON'T charge some crazy program fee like other doctors do and I have recommended others to him and they adore his just as much. It was a smooth easy process and he is an amazing surgeon. Truly!!!

126 lbs lighter thanks to the fantastic job Dr. D did on my surgery...I highly recommend him!

http://www.riversidesurgicalweightloss.com/meet_the_team.htm

Good luck to you!!!

Stephanie

Dr. Tiffany Jessee on the west coast was my surgeon, I think that she is excellant , Dr. Jessee and her staff go beyond the call of duty, before, during and after your surgery .

If you are on the East Coast, check out Dr Mark Fusco at lifeshape.net! Great pre and post care and followup through program is amazing!

I have to agree with you JackiFl, Dr. Fusco is wonderful. The staff he has in place provides an aftercare program that is second to none. They really care about their patients, and know exactly what you are going through as many of them have been banded.

Dr. Tiffany Jessee on the west coast was my surgeon, I think that she is excellant , Dr. Jessee and her staff go beyond the call of duty, before, during and after your surgery .

I will be using Dr. Tiffany Jessee for my surgery Feb. 8th, 2012. The staff is competent, caring, and really know their stuff. They do charge a program fee of $1,000 for insurance patients (this fee is NOT covered by insurance nor can you use a HSA account to pay for it- the only drawback sad.png )

I think Dr. Fusco is great. I do know that several people havd had conflicts with his nurse, Donna. Unfortunity, Donna is his go to person for questions/problems after surgery.

I think Dr. Fusco is great. I do know that several people havd had conflicts with his nurse' date=' Donna. Unfortunity, Donna is his go to person for questions/problems after surgery.[/quote']

She's not "warm and fuzzy" for sure but she's just one member of the team.

I live in South Florida and Dr. Choi at Straxx did my surgery. I was also a self-pay and they have been very good to me. My surgery was on 9/13 - and they do offer financing.< /p>

I live in South Florida and Dr. Choi at Straxx did my surgery. I was also a self-pay and they have been very good to me. My surgery was on 9/13 - and they do offer financing.

Hi, my surgery is Monday with dr choy, everyone at the office had been great, from Daniella to the nurses in his office. What should I expect on Monday ??? Were you happy with how everything went? Anything you would do differently to this point? I did the HCG I next ions and the medifast shakes for almost a month and have list about 20 lbs already. Curious to hear your experience. Thanks so much! Joe.

Hi Florida joe : what to expect the day of surgery - the first thing they do is weigh you and the nurses go over your chart with you regarding your medical history. Then you change into hospital gown and they give you a stretcher-like bed. Your family can't go back at that point (which was a little hard for me & my husband). Then the nurse starts an IV. They start giving you medicine (antibiotics, fluids, some anti-nausea medicine & some other stomach medicine). They give you a shot of blood clotting medication in your upper thigh.

Dr. Choi will stop by and see how you are doing and he'll ask about your medical history again but he will ask you to tell him everything over ( which I thought was good). Then the anestologist stops by ( he is super super nice) and he will go over your medical history. He will tell you what to expect during surgery.

Then they wheel you back to surgery. After surgery is over you will wake up around the same place you were before they wheeled you back and you'll start waking up. They will get you to drink something and help you up. But you are out of there in like 3-4 hours. They will take you by wheelchair to your car. That's it!

My road home was not so good because I was still waking up from the anesthesia. My husband had to stop 2 x on the way home but once I got home I went right to bed and when I woke up I was much better.

Chewing on Ice was best for me that first day. It was better than drinking the Water, but that just might be a preference. I wasn't in a lot of pain (he does send you home with pain medicine & antibiotics). I did have to take pain medicine the first 2 days, but then I tried to only take 1 at night, which I did need for about the next 3 more days. I haven't needed it since.

The people there were nice. My surgery was 9/13 and I've lost 17 pounds. I had my surgery on a Friday and I went to work on Tuesday. I was going to go back Monday but I wasn't ready. I have a desk job though, but I ride the Metrorail to downtown Miami and I have to walk to my work from the station and I actually was ok on Tuesday. Tired when I got home but I've done fine. I wish you the best of luck! # Piece of advise: Get the gas-x strips before the surgery (you are allowed to have them). On the discharge slip it says baby gas medicine which I bought for $10.00! Then the nurse told me I could have the gas-x strips and they are like $6.00 and work better!

Hi, since you don't say what part of Florida, you have gotten many responses. I am in Lakeland, my surgeon has offices in Tampa, Orlando, and Zephyrhills areas. His name is Grossbard, and he has several associates at Florida Surgical Weightloss Centers.