Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for support in Clear Lake Area

Hi!

I'm in League City and would like to find other people in my area that have been banded or are in the process.....I will be banded June 20, 2011 at True Results Houston with Dr. Reilly.

I noticed that in the current forums, there are no recent posts (within the last year or so) from anyone in my area and would love to join forces with people in the Clear Lake/Southeast Houston/Galveston etc. area! Anyone out there?????

kristi :rolleyes:

I am in that area (Hitchcock) and would like to meet with you. We use to have a small support group that met in Friendswood, but everyone is so busy with their kids that we have not met in a long time. If you would like to start a support group, pick a day of the week and where you would want to meet and I will help you spread the word. We met at Starbucks for a while and then started meeting at one of the girls house.

I also attend a support group meeting the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Casa Ole' in Alvin on Highway 6 at 1:30 pm and eat lunch together. This saturday is my Granddaughter's 2nd birthday so I will not go but you could go they will welcome you with open arms they are so nice.

Let me know if you want to meet. I work during the day and watch my Grandbabies until about 7:00 pm.

Cheri

I'd LOVE to meet you too!!!!

I'm a teacher, so these next few weeks will be crazy trying to get everything done, but I am somewhat flexible. The only night that is not good for me is Wednesdays. That's the night I play supermom to get 1 kid to dance lessons and another kid to football practice, each at the same time!!! :)

I grew up in Friendswood and now live just a few miles outside of there.

Do the group members usually bring their kids? My kids are with me almost 24/7 when I'm not working, so I'd have to either go somewhere kid-friendly and bring them along, or have it at my house/someone elses' house that doesn't mind kids. I like having people over, so once everyone is comfy with me and vice versa, I don't mind holding meetings here.

How about trying to set something up for June 5? It's a Sunday....

my school is having graduation at 2:00 that day but I'm free after that.

If it's a no-kids thing I can get a sitter.

Looking forward to meeting you!!!!

Thanks!!

kristi

kittyforet@yahoo.com

I am in that area (Hitchcock) and would like to meet with you. We use to have a small support group that met in Friendswood, but everyone is so busy with their kids that we have not met in a long time. If you would like to start a support group, pick a day of the week and where you would want to meet and I will help you spread the word. We met at Starbucks for a while and then started meeting at one of the girls house.

I also attend a support group meeting the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Casa Ole' in Alvin on Highway 6 at 1:30 pm and eat lunch together. This saturday is my Granddaughter's 2nd birthday so I will not go but you could go they will welcome you with open arms they are so nice.

Let me know if you want to meet. I work during the day and watch my Grandbabies until about 7:00 pm.

Cheri

hey kitty, if you look on the true results website, it says they have a support group that meets at TR i believe every last Thursday of the month. im going for a fill on the 8th and was going to ask about it when i go because im a baby and im nervous!

Hey thanks for letting me know!!! I forgot about looking at their website!!

I go for follow-up on July 18.....

I'm surprised that they didn't mention to me any sort of follow-up care or support group or send me home with any paperwork on it!! All I got was what to eat!!

I'm nervous too!!! You'll have to let me know how your fill goes!!!biggrin.gif

hey kitty, if you look on the true results website, it says they have a support group that meets at TR i believe every last Thursday of the month. im going for a fill on the 8th and was going to ask about it when i go because im a baby and im nervous!

Hi Kristi!

I am located in Santa Fe, TX and work in the Webster area. I was banded in 2006 and have not had a steady support group. I attended a couple of meetings with Cheri from Hitchcock in the Friendswood area until my schedule got real crazy. Now I am finally trying to focus on me and I am working toward making my lapband lifestyle change again with a support group. I plan to attend the meeting that Cheri mentioned below on the 3rd Saturday at Case Ole in Alvin if they are still meeting there. Cheri helped me out a lot when we met and I hope to get with you both soon. How is the lap band working for you. Hope all is going smooth. It will be great to meet with a Support Group again. Hope to hear back from you or Cheri very soon. Sylvia

Hi!

I'm in League City and would like to find other people in my area that have been banded or are in the process.....I will be banded June 20, 2011 at True Results Houston with Dr. Reilly.

I noticed that in the current forums, there are no recent posts (within the last year or so) from anyone in my area and would love to join forces with people in the Clear Lake/Southeast Houston/Galveston etc. area! Anyone out there?????

kristi :rolleyes:

Hi there! I am located in Santa Fe, TX and work in the Webster area. I was banded in 2006 and have not had a steady support group. I have learned I am not good at this on my own with my busy life style and need some support. I am willing to start from the beginning and move forward. Now I am finally trying to focus on me and I am working toward making my lap band lifestyle change again with a support groupthis time. I hope we all can meet soon and have a STRONG SUPPORT GROUP.... I plan to attend the meeting on the 3rd Saturday at Case Ole in Alvin if they are still meeting there. Next scheduled meeting is August 20th at 1:30pm. It will be great to meet with a Support Group again....... Sylvia

ill definitely let you know how it goes! i think he said he put in 3ccs at surgery, but i feel NO restriction yet...did they put anything in yours and do you feel anything?

[/quote

Ms. Sylvia

How are you? I have missed you and worried about you. I would love to meet with any one you just let me know a time and a place. I do work and keep my grandbabies a couple of times a week so it may be hit and miss with me. But let me know if you come up with a time and place.

Cheri

Hi there! I am located in Santa Fe, TX and work in the Webster area. I was banded in 2006 and have not had a steady support group. I have learned I am not good at this on my own with my busy life style and need some support. I am willing to start from the beginning and move forward. Now I am finally trying to focus on me and I am working toward making my lap band lifestyle change again with a support groupthis time. I hope we all can meet soon and have a STRONG SUPPORT GROUP.... I plan to attend the meeting on the 3rd Saturday at Case Ole in Alvin if they are still meeting there. Next scheduled meeting is August 20th at 1:30pm. It will be great to meet with a Support Group again....... Sylvia

SylviaM,

HI!!!! I live in League City and work in Webster too!!! I was just banded June 20, 2011. So far I have no fill and am in Bandster Hell!!! Looking forward to getting a fill July 18!!!

I can't atttend this month's meeting, as my son has 2 football games that day.....although I'd rather NOT be out in the heat!!!

But I'd love to meet you and Cheri!! She has given me lots of info already!!

I'm looking forward to meeting you and Cheri!!! biggrin.gif

kristi

Hi Kristi!

I am located in Santa Fe, TX and work in the Webster area. I was banded in 2006 and have not had a steady support group. I attended a couple of meetings with Cheri from Hitchcock in the Friendswood area until my schedule got real crazy. Now I am finally trying to focus on me and I am working toward making my lapband lifestyle change again with a support group. I plan to attend the meeting that Cheri mentioned below on the 3rd Saturday at Case Ole in Alvin if they are still meeting there. Cheri helped me out a lot when we met and I hope to get with you both soon. How is the lap band working for you. Hope all is going smooth. It will be great to meet with a Support Group again. Hope to hear back from you or Cheri very soon. Sylvia

Hi I am Rayanne and I am getting my friday I am in Seabrook

Okay we have to plan a meeting now or we never will. Anyone have suggestions where and when?

Cheri

Would anyone be interested in meeting this Friday (8/26) at 7PM or on Sunday (8/28) at 1:30 PM at the Subway off of Hwy 646 and Hwy 45 in League City area across from Target? I I missed the meeting in Alvin

last weekend and I am in desparate need of support. I am gaining and know I am needing guidanace

in my life cause doing this alone is of course not working at all! : )

Okay we have to plan a meeting now or we never will. Anyone have suggestions where and when?

Cheri

I can meet on Sunday lets see if anyone else wants to! Come on people.

Cheri

I can meet Sunday!

Friday night I will have my kids with me and I won't be able to relax.

I also told lcoughlin, who lives in La Porte.

Email me to let me know!! I don't get to get on LBT much now that I'm back to work!

kittyforet@yahoo.com