Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Everyone,

My date is June 09, I start my pre-op diet on the 26th of May!! (day of, not night per MD lol) I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm able to have Protein shakes and non-starcy Veggies along with the Clear Liquids.< /p>

YAY! Another June 9th! I'll be thinking of you! I have my pre-op appointment tomorrow. I'll find out what time I will have surgery and when I start my liquid diet. they asked me to lose 20 lbs and I have done so. Since I am so overweight, I am anxious to see how long I'll be on it. I know someone not nearly as heavy as I but went to the same surgeon, she had NO pre-op liquid diet. JEALOUS!!! Not sure but will find out soon :-)

Luckily, I like my Protein but may not if my pre-op diet is a long time, lol.

Hi lads, how are we all doing today.

Another day closer to my all of our dates!!! Mine's 25th June.

Whats your last BIG meal going to be?? I already have it planned out!!! lol

Im defo having a big sandwich for my lunch, white bread of course! As i dont envisage having any bread for a long time. Also a few beers! Will NEVER be having that again and i'm looking forward to it,

Then for dinner i'm having steak, potatoes, onions and gravy!! Cos everyone is saying its very hard to eat steak afterwards, so in case i cant eat it again!!!

Then 1 week of pre op milk diet and bobs your uncle!!!

I really cant wait to start my new life! xx

My surgery is set for June 2nd. I start my all liquids diet tomorrow...hello Jello, pudding, cream Soups, juices, etc. :rolleyes: excited but nervous! Keep me strong!

June 2nd for me, so nervous and excited all at once! Not looking forward to liquids for 2 weeks, that scares me! I will be so miserable! Really, no caffeine?:o

I haven't set my surgery date yet but I meet with the surgeon 5/26 to set one. I'm REALLY hoping I will have it done in June!!! My clothes have been getting tighter and tighter and I REFUSE to buy a bigger size!!! So I need this done in June so I can start fitting comfortably back into my clothes! :) P.S.- How did you make the weight loss goal line thingy that you all have at the bottom of your posts??? I need me one ;)

My daughter is scheduled for June 4 - I relay info to her as she is in college and has lots of work.

I haven't set my surgery date yet but I meet with the surgeon 5/26 to set one. I'm REALLY hoping I will have it done in June!!! My clothes have been getting tighter and tighter and I REFUSE to buy a bigger size!!! So I need this done in June so I can start fitting comfortably back into my clothes! :) P.S.- How did you make the weight loss goal line thingy that you all have at the bottom of your posts??? I need me one ;)

oh god im the same my self, since ive decided to have the surgery, the clothes are gettting tighter and tighter!!!!! roll on the 25th june!

Vanessap123,

Keep us posted on your progress, both pre- and post-op!!!!

I wish my day were closer!!! But June 20th can't come fast enough!!!!

kristi

Yay!!!!

I live in Miami and Ive been wanting this surgery for around 3 years now and JUNE 13TH is the day!!!!!

Im 22 and 289lbs! yay!!! we should def keep in touch I would love to know how everyone came out!!!

BE happy!!! We're gonna look great!!!

HI! I have my Pre-Opt app. on May 31 and the nurse said that my surgery will be with in 30 days. I can't wait with all the classes and Drs appointments this has been a long 9-10 months. Bring on the surgery!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

I was supp to be until BCBS IL changed their policy from a 3 month dietary documentation to a 6 month. Now....I'm a little worried. When I started my Dietary appts for approval of Lap Band Surgery, I was told 3 months. After I finished 3 months, BCBS of IL said the policy changed and now I would need 3 additional months. I cried like a baby...I'm a teacher and I tried to plan just right, so surgery would take place during Summer.

Here's my question: My primary doctor prescribed Phentermine for 3 months last year, do you thing that could count? In a ddition, I have proof of ordering Low Carb Proteins and shakes during the time I was on Phentermine and I also purchased an Elliptical Machine. What do you think my chances of approval are?

~"Teach Em" Wright

Did you have to document your Diet for 3-6 months? It seems like things went fast, I see you did the nutritionist for only a month?

I'm a little worried. When I started my Dietary appts for approval of Lap Band Surgery, I was told 3 months. After I finished 3 months, BCBS of IL said the policy changed and now I would need 3 additional months. I cried like a baby...I'm a teacher and I tried to plan just right, so surgery would take place during Summer.

Here's my question: My primary doctor prescribed Phentermine for 3 months last year, do you thing that could count? In a ddition, I have proof of ordering Low Carb Proteins and shakes during the time I was on Phentermine and I also purchased an Elliptical Machine. What do you think my chances of approval are?

~"Teach Em" Wright

Hi, I wanted to join in. I'm having surgery on June 23. Can't wait (plus it will be nice to get some time off of work). I'm currently 280 pounds - and hope to get down to 160 (or less). Definitely have some head issues as to not being able to eat certain foods again - but I'm sure I'll get over them. For now, I'm still eating whatever I want - but need to go on liquids on June 13. Haven't found a Protein Shake I like yet - and wonder if anyone has a recommendations? I think a huge obstacle for me is the fact that I work third shift. I'm up for so many hours each day - having 3 small meals will be tough. Working with the nutritionist on just when to plan my meals. Oh, I bought a jigger with the hopes it will help me drink only one ounce of Water at a time ... so many things to learn ... Looking forward to sharing the journey!

SOOOOOO I was supposed to start my 26 day preopreative diet yesterday.. Optifast.. HOWEVER... when I weighed in at the doctors, my BMI was 41.6, I have about 10 lbs to play with and my particular insurance can deny payment below 40.... SO my preop diet will be 4 days of Optifast before surgery, that is it! SCORE, I am so excited. Don't get me wrong I was looking forward to the weight loss and starting yesterday but it is going to save me almost 500.00!!! I am not going to complain about that :)

So excited for everyone... here we go! I am 25 days away from my new life!