Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just made an appointment for the 24th to get a second fill. I don't have any restriction, and I don't feel like I'm feeling full like I should. Hell, yesterday I ate steak and today a hotdog with bun... no problemo! I could go eat 2 more if I wanted. Well, I'm pretty sure at least. Fortunately, even though I don't feel the band is doing its job yet, I'm still not eating much. It's not willpower but rather just a fear of eating too much and getting stuck or PBing.

Now, however, I did totally PB some tortilla chips. It's events like that that keep me from eating everything in sight. Even though it seems I may be wide open and able to eat everything, I can't. I don't know what food is going to cause me grief. Those tortilla chips are the first and only thing to give me any grief since getting my first fill.

So, anybody else already planning on getting a second fill, or think they may need to get a second fill?

I just made an appointment for the 24th to get a second fill. I don't have any restriction, and I don't feel like I'm feeling full like I should. Hell, yesterday I ate steak and today a hotdog with bun... no problemo! I could go eat 2 more if I wanted. Well, I'm pretty sure at least. Fortunately, even though I don't feel the band is doing its job yet, I'm still not eating much. It's not willpower but rather just a fear of eating too much and getting stuck or PBing.

Now, however, I did totally PB some tortilla chips. It's events like that that keep me from eating everything in sight. Even though it seems I may be wide open and able to eat everything, I can't. I don't know what food is going to cause me grief. Those tortilla chips are the first and only thing to give me any grief since getting my first fill.

So, anybody else already planning on getting a second fill, or think they may need to get a second fill?

I am planning on calling tomorrow and making an appointment for next week. I have some restriction in the morning, but not the rest of the day. I am also still getting hungery every two hours and would like to be able to not have to eat Snacks. I am sticking to the plan and getting my workouts and walks in 6 days a week. I have lost 39 pounds now, but I can say it is work! Anyone that thinks losing weight with lab band is easy does not have one!

I haven't even gotten my first fill yet :( and with something funky going on around my incision- they don't know if it's an infection or Fluid that needs to reabsorb- they won't do my fill next week until it's totally cleared up. BOO!

Brenda - good job!

I haven't even gotten my first fill yet :( and with something funky going on around my incision- they don't know if it's an infection or Fluid that needs to reabsorb- they won't do my fill next week until it's totally cleared up. BOO!

Boo!

I have my fingers crossed it clears up ASAP for you (((hugs)))

Thanks!!

Spot,

I'm ready for my second fill! I was banded on 4-4-11 and had my first fill 5-4-11. I don't feel any restriction and haven't had trouble getting anything down. I know some people say chicken is hard but I have had chicken every day!

My doctor's office won't allow me to have another fill until 4 weeks out. I hope I can outlast the hunger!

Let me know how you feel after your second fill.

Spot,

I'm ready for my second fill! I was banded on 4-4-11 and had my first fill 5-4-11. I don't feel any restriction and haven't had trouble getting anything down. I know some people say chicken is hard but I have had chicken every day!

I'm doing fine with chicken, too. Not that I want any issues with eating the "problem foods" or anything, but I sorta feel like I *should* be having problems of some sort.

I have *some* restriction, but I already have an appt to go in on June 2nd for another fill. I have PB'd, in fact I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't PB'd in some fashion - usually because I don't chew enough and I eat too fast. That's been a lifelong habit that is so freaking hard for me to break.

Usually what makes me PB is either bread, Pasta or meat. Hamburgers in any form are completely out of the question now, I have to only eat the meat in small bites and throw the bun away. Which, considering I am a major carbaholic and bread was my downfall all these years, it's a good thing that I can only eat small bites of toast or it comes up!

I have to consciously pay attention every time I take a bite of something, and sometimes I am distracted. I've stopped eating in front of the TV because that's a trigger for me to just mindlessly stuff my face, but I was also used to drinking a lot of whatever was in my glass while I ate, and now I try not to do that so I'm not washing everything through and not feeling satisfied. So things get stuck. Rarely is it more than once, and I find that after doing it I'm usually done with the meal, not because I'm in pain but it's like everything in the pouch moves and hits that "I'm full" button. Good news is that I've never had anything really stuck and I've never not been able to get it out of me within 30 seconds of feeling stuck.

The weight loss is driving me crazy. One day I'm up 4 lbs, three days later I'm down 6 lbs - I'm just glad that I'm losing, albeit very very slowly. But my goal is to lose 10 lbs a month, and so far I'm still ahead since my surgery date. Since my fill two weeks ago I've noticed my portions at meals are slowly getting a little bit bigger, and I'm trying to keep on track with how much I put on my plate. I still use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate and I'm tracking my food on Fitday.com. I do cheat now and then, but nothing on the scale of what I used to be able to do.

Lately my port area has been very tender, and my stomach dimples/creases where I have the scar from the surgery and it really bothers me to see that. Surgeon said that won't go away till I lose weight - but dang it's ugly. I actually have to be careful about wearing a clingy shirt that will outline that area because it would be noticable.

Well, have a great Sunday all - I'm going downstairs to do my 15 minutes on the treadmill. I'm working my way to 30 and slowly gaining stamina, maybe today I can do 20!

I am in bandster hell......first fill June 6th. Ugg....I lost 10 pounds in the first 2 weeks of surgery and now nothing. I know that is alot and the body is trying to adjust, but dang I am watching everything I eat like a hawk. I am walking 45 mins a day, keeping the calories at 900 to 1100. That scale better move on Wed. or out the window it goes. LOL

Like you Woodslass I am shooting for 10 pounds a month because it is doable. But no matter what I lose as long as it's less than the month before I will be ahead.

I get my 2nd fill may 17th. I have had no problems at all. It so far seems easy, I just want to stop being hungary every two hours. I have now eaten steak and salad with no problem just chew chew chew! I have found a new love of any kind of berries, they are soooooooooooo good. I guess I have had one problem, since surgery I have had 3 toms in 38 days. I just hate to go to a dr for this, but I think I am going to have to if it keeps up.

Terri,

I too lost 10 pounds after surgery and after I started mushies it came to a hault but my doctor did say that was normal. Since my first fill I have lost 4 pounds. That is 2 pounds a week which is what they say you are supposed to lose. Hang in there!

Brenda...my TOM has been over staying his welcome also. From what I have read on LBT, this can happen for a few months after the surgery but I would still ask a Dr. I too am sick of being hungry every 2 hours! My second fill is still a week and a half out!!!

had my 2nd fill today! They told me it could take till number 3 or 4 till I stop getting hungery every two hours. As long as I am losing it is ok to have healthy Snacks. I was also told the problem with my tom is our systems are all out of wack with the surgery and weight loss. It throws are hormones off, it should slowly get back to normal.

What is TOM?

I'm so ready for my 2nd fill on Tuesday. I can eat toOooOoOOoooOo much!

TOM = Time Of the Month

I'm glad I've already gone through menopause (really early, age 41) so I don't have to deal with that on top of everything else!

Ooooohhhhh! Thanks, Woodslass!

My TOM has been out of whack. It came a week early, then started a week late the next time around.