Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

About 4 weeks ago it was discovered that my band had slipped. I had surgery to remove the band. The port stayed put, so if I decide to redo the band, that does not have to be redone. I am terrified to redo the band. I got sooooo sick from when the band slipped. I was not able to keep ANYTHING down, not even a sip of Water. I was put in the hospital on IVs since I was so dehydrated. Now I am fighting with myself as to whether or not to redo the band. I am so afraid of this happening again!! Has anyone started from "Square One" after a lenghty amount of time. Were you successful the second go round. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me. I am trying to contine on my own, but as you all know, you appetite can return so quickly!!

Hey- been there done that! I am now on my second band and i had to wait about 4 1/2 months to heal befoer they allowed the second band... and in my mind no doubts i was putting the band back in..... my slip was out of my control- my gall bladder went bad and i violently threw up for a while and the band slipped.... so we went in and took out gall bladder and replaced band --- this time around i got a 14 cc band- bigger band due to scar tissue and to make sure i could get teh band loose if it ever got too swollen again.... i was at my goal weight when i got the band removed and in those 4 1/2 months i gained 28 lbs no matter how hard i fought it... I got rebanded on 02/16/11 and it is taking me alonger to get to restriction of course--- but i will say almost instantly I was able to control the weight gain--- and after my last fill as of right now i have restriction.... and the scale is starting to go down. I reeally tried to keep the weight off i follwed my diet plan and worked out but the weight kept coming back on.... I am not gonna lie and say that it is easy bc it has not been- emotionally it is a rollercoaster... but glad i have a band back-- and looking forward to getting back to my goal weight i have 21 lbs to go to get there. Stay strong-- and just pray for what decision is right for you.

Thank you for the reply. I will certainly think about that. I am not only terrified to put the band back, but I am also terrified to put the weight back on!! It is certainly a "double-edged sword"!!

First, huge hugs to you.

Have you considered the bypass or sleeve as an alternative to the band? I lov emy band and all, and am so glad I have it, but i can understand how you'd be scared after what's happened.

Look I was miserable and had a horrible slip that was almost perferating my stomach-- but for me i knew it was bc of the gallbladder so i made the decision to put the band back in--- a no brainer for me... i mean -- what exactly are you scared of putting the band back in.... when you did have it and it hadn't slipped yet-- was it working- was life good? if so-- why scared to go back there.... For me watching all my hard work and dreams and health go down the drain was scary not a new band.....

My fear is getting as sick as I was at the end. I may have had symptons of the slippage even before it was totally diagnosed with Upper GI & Chest Xrays. The last 2 months, I was sick all the time - - I felt like I could hardly ever leave the house. At the end I was so dehydrated, I was dizzy all the time - - and OH SO Weak!! It really scared me! I have never been so sick in all of my life!

Look I was miserable and had a horrible slip that was almost perferating my stomach-- but for me i knew it was bc of the gallbladder so i made the decision to put the band back in--- a no brainer for me... i mean -- what exactly are you scared of putting the band back in.... when you did have it and it hadn't slipped yet-- was it working- was life good? if so-- why scared to go back there.... For me watching all my hard work and dreams and health go down the drain was scary not a new band.....

I guess I am not totally sure of the difference, but after reading info - - it seems that the sleeve is almost like a bypass. It appears to be a much more invasive surgery. I am not sure I want to put myself through that!

First, huge hugs to you.

Have you considered the bypass or sleeve as an alternative to the band? I lov emy band and all, and am so glad I have it, but i can understand how you'd be scared after what's happened.