Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for June 2011 Bandits!

I just lost a LONG post so this is the abbreviated version. Please excuse the errors but I still have not put my contacts back in and I am half blind with these glasses!

Drove to Jacksonville Memorial yesterday. Surgery scheduled for 12:15 and they hit it real close. Hardest part (and this was specific to me because of a previously broken neck) was them putting the tube down my throat while I was still awake. Next thing I knew I was in recovery, then taken to my room.

That night I had Jello and Water, the next morning I had water and a Popsicle. I have to be on clear fluids but the doctor said I could try canned Protein Drinks like Low Crab Slimfast or Atkins tommorow. If that goes well I can do the regular Protein Shakes made in a blender as long as I let them sit to lose the air blending incorporates.

I'm sore but not too bad. He had to repair a hiatle hernia so I have some real tightness between my breasts. I am walking just fine and taking my liquid pain meds. They taste awful so I had it flavored. Wasn't too much of an improvement! :)

All in all I'm doing great and feeling okay. Just hungry!

BTW the doctor told my friend that my surgery was one of the easiest he had done in some time. She told him I had really stuck to the diet and he said he could tell! Something to think about when you are looking at that Oreo cookie! :)

Wow, what a breeze for you tuggers. I hope mine goes as well as yours.

Tomorrow is the big day for me! Yea!!!!!! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 for surgery at 7:30. Ugh!!!!! Glad to be the first surgery though. Wish me luck!!!!

Tomorrow is the big day for me! Yea!!!!!! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 for surgery at 7:30. Ugh!!!!! Glad to be the first surgery though. Wish me luck!!!!

Good Luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes well!

My surgery is tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous. My stomach was doing flip flops earlier for no reason. Havent felt that way in a lonfpg time. I know it was just my nerves. Okay now, but still a little nervous. Went last minute grocery shopping with my hubby and daughter, who will be helping me with my 1 year old for the next few days. Excited about beginning this journey. Praying everything goes well.

Good luck!!

My surgery is tomorrow morning. I'm a little nervous. My stomach was doing flip flops earlier for no reason. Havent felt that way in a lonfpg time. I know it was just my nerves. Okay now, but still a little nervous. Went last minute grocery shopping with my hubby and daughter, who will be helping me with my 1 year old for the next few days. Excited about beginning this journey. Praying everything goes well.

Good luck!

Surgery in about 5 hrs I'm soooo nervous I can't sleep just laying in bed shaking - I wonder if i lost weight over the past 2 weeks lol i only cheated 4x - or what if s/t is wrong and I can't have the surgery or s/t goes wrong in the middle I am so so nervous - I haven't even packed yet - it's like not wanting to open a credit card bill I'm just procrastinating but I know it's s/t I need to do for myself and a healthy future just needed to vent :)

Getting banded on Thursday and I am so excited! My days are going by so slow I feel like it is still at two weeks out instead of two days. Maybe packing today will make it seem closer. Also starting my clear liquid diet today. I only need to do it the day before but I just can't wait.

I need suggestions on my B Vitamin and Calcium. Are there other ways to take them other than crushing them? They are big pills and taste horrible when crushed. Wondering if there is a chewable calcium citrate ( taking Citrical right night per Dr) and dissolving B-100 or B Complex. Thanks

Tanya

Getting banded on Thursday and I am so excited! My days are going by so slow I feel like it is still at two weeks out instead of two days. Maybe packing today will make it seem closer. Also starting my clear liquid diet today. I only need to do it the day before but I just can't wait.

I need suggestions on my B Vitamin and Calcium. Are there other ways to take them other than crushing them? They are big pills and taste horrible when crushed. Wondering if there is a chewable calcium citrate ( taking Citrical right night per Dr) and dissolving B-100 or B Complex. Thanks

Tanya

Do a Google search. There are a ton of chewable and liquid vitamins out there including the calcium ones. My nutritionist said I could take Viactiv and I figure, why not get some chocolatey goodness for my effots? :)