Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for June 2011 Bandits!

Hi everyone!! Pre-op diet is going as good as it can :D . I'm starving, but I'm also losing weight!!!!! So excited about that. My band is scheduled for JUNE 30TH. Message me if you need a buddy, anyone else on the pre-op and about to starve :P ??!! lol

No pre-op diet here but I'm getting banded on the 30th also. Pretty excited. My after diet is one week Clear Liquids, one week full liquids, two weeks pureed diet and two weeks soft diet then regular diet. People I have talked to that had it done by different Dr have said that they were pretty much one week liquid and two weeks soft. What are some of your after surgery diets.

:DHi all 3 more days until i'm been banded!!!! Wasn't nervous but now am............Worried bout going under and not waking up, ive never had an op before!!!

On liquid diet for a week, consists of 4 glass of milk, 2 yoghurts and 1 bovril a day!!!!! Honestly i dont know how anyone could last any longer than a week and feel sorry for anyone that has to do longer. I have not cheated so far and neither will i!!!!

I can't wait to drink Soup next week!!! lol

Good look to all that are been banded this week xxx

Hi everyone!! Pre-op diet is going as good as it can :D . I'm starving, but I'm also losing weight!!!!! So excited about that. My band is scheduled for JUNE 30TH. Message me if you need a buddy, anyone else on the pre-op and about to starve :P ??!! lol

I don't know if I am starving as much as I just wish I could CHEW something! What are the parameters of your pre-op diet? I am also being banded on June 30th.

Hi, very excited, my husband and kids have been so supportive. :) I actually teach 3 little guys that have hearing and vision loss, but I got my MS Ed in Learning Disabilities in 2003, when I switched from regular ed to special ed. By the way, my youngest boys both finished 3rd grade this year. You are so lucky, 3rd grade is such a fun age.

5 days Tina! Are you excited? I noticed your username IDteacher03..Do you teach 3rd grade? The reason I ask is because I teach 3rd grade! What a coincidence that would be!

Wishing you a safe and successful day tomorrow. :)

My surgery is 6/23..... 10 days pre op diet.... :unsure:

Rene

Springfield MO

Just wanted to say good luck to all of the June bandsters who are getting surgery this week (and congrats to those who have gotten since I was on this thread last!) I'm so excited for you all!!

About to be discharged. :)

Looking forward to my own bed. Not looking forward to not being able to let my boys sit in my lap for a while.

Looking forward to my own bed. Not looking forward to not being able to let my boys sit in my lap for a while.

How old are your boys? Just think how much more they will appreciate the roomier lap after they can sit in it!

How old are your boys? Just think how much more they will appreciate the roomier lap after they can sit in it!

Tucker will be 3 in September, and Coltrane turned 5 months on Sunday. They're the best. And a longer, healthier life with them is one of the biggest reasons I'm doing this. :)

Well I've had nothing but liquids since Monday and its not getting any better. Can't imagine doing this for two weeks. chicken broth is good but sure doesn't fill me up! :)

Leaving home tomorrow at 7AM, have to be at the hospital at 10, surgery scheduled for 12:15. I know he's going to keep me over nite because of the sleep apnea. Hopefully, I can go home on Friday.

Not looking forward to another week on clear liquids but I guess I'll survive!

Hi, new to the site. My surgery is set for 6/30/11. I have been on a liquid diet for exactly one week and have lost 16 pounds. I have been pretty dedicated to the diet, but I would be lying if I didnt say I have had a few bites of food here and there. Nothing too bad, but a bite of chicken one day, a piece of cheese another... its so hard when you are preparing food for the family!!! I dont think I am too nervous about the surgery, I think I stress most after hearing peoples stories about going in for the surgery and waking up with no band because of their enlarged liver! I think that would be the worst thing in the world. How about everyone else, how is everyone doing on their Pre-Op liquid diets??? :P

Tucker will be 3 in September, and Coltrane turned 5 months on Sunday. They're the best. And a longer, healthier life with them is one of the biggest reasons I'm doing this. :)

That is my motivation as well! Ella is 18 months tomorrow and Eitan is 7 years :) Enjoy them!

Who here had the surgery and left the hospital the same day? How has your recovery been?