Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know bread is going to be tough, but Is Pizza out of the question?

I have 6 cc's in my 11 cc band and have no restrictions on what I can eat. I am not at my sweet spot, so I'm sure it will be different once I am. :D

I used to be a total pizza addict--3-4 times a week. Now, I eat one piece of pizza once per week. I find I have to eat the thin crust, which is my favorite anyway. There are some things I'm just not willing to give up. When I was having problems with donuts, I gave them up willingly. But not pizza. Now, I have 5.5 ccs in a 10 cc band, so if there comes a time when it's tightened more and I can't get the pizza down, I'll deal with it then. I had my band done on 12/7/10, and between the pre-op diet to now, I've lost 45 pounds, so I don't think the pizza has been killing me. I also haven't been able to exercise much because of torn cartilage in both knees--got the left one fixed in February and will get the right knee fixed in a few weeks. So it's possible to lose weight while still eating the occasional piece of pizza.

I CAN'T EAT pizza TOO SOFT. I CHOKE ON ALL BEAD EVEN WELL TOASTED. SO I STAY FAR FROM ALL bread.< /p>

I am newly banded on 4/11/11 so I have jot tried pizza or any other bread yet. Pizza is one of my favorite foods! But I have decided to just try and eat the topping and leave the bread..hey at least I will still get the taste..and if I get supreme I am getting Protein and veggies in LOL

I've had the band 1 year 10 months. I haven't had trouble eating pizza or most foods, as long as I chew thoroughly and eat slowly. Just recently, I was too tight and I had to have a 0.2 unfill, during this time I had problems with just about everything.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a slice of pizza, Spartan! I don't see anyone talking about stuffing their faces with it every weekend! :rolleyes: Just sayin'!

I agree with you, there is no reason in the world you can't have a piece of pizza Spartan! If you are loosing the weight who the hell cares!

We aren't dieting anymore, lapband is a way of life, of course u can have pizza if ur band can tolerate it. Let's remember it's all that dieting that got us to needing the band in the first place. Here's to not dieting, and being "normal" whatever that might be 

I have thin crust pizza once every week or two. I have beentrying to maintain for about a year (though still lost more without trying), but had pizza on occasion throughout my weight loss with no plateaus or problems. Allowing myself to eat "normal" foods in moderation helps me from feeling deprived and having unhealthy binges. I am eating enough to survive and be healthy, but I am NOT on a diet.

Very well put, I think to keep from going crazy, you really do need variety! Most recipes have healthier versions! Remember moderation is the key!

A calorie is a calorie..is a calorie ;) Your body doesn't know a calorie from an apple any different from a calorie from pizza. If it fits within your daily caloric needs, there is nothing wrong with pizza. Don't be so foolish.The only thing important at the end of the day is a caloric deficit and ensuring your dietary fat/carbs/protein needs are met along with exercise.

I couldn't agree more! Yes, we are banded and for the most part eat healthy but if you factor in the calories and make sure to compensate then why not an ocassional piece? I think the most successful people are the ones who eat everything but in MODERATION. It is all about Portion Control. :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree more! Yes, we are banded and for the most part eat healthy but if you factor in the calories and make sure to compensate then why not an ocassional piece? I think the most successful people are the ones who eat everything but in MODERATION. It is all about Portion Control. :rolleyes:

Exactly! I have learned that completely eliminating foods only leads to me wanting them more and more..which results in a full out binge. So nowadays I literally eat anything and everything. Hello ice cream, kids Cereal, and dark choco! :) Besides, I wanted the band for portion control, not to eliminate foods I like.

I have thin crust once in a while, I MUST take my time and chew very well. Also, I'm usually done after 3/4 of a slice.

today is a horrible example of how to be good, but i had two and a half large slices with no trouble. i don't have much restriction, so if you're looking for whether or not it's possible to eat pizza after banding, it definitely is.

I have a lot of Restriction. So I know it's out the question. I could have maybe a couple peaces of pepperoni, but that would be it.

So it depends on the Individual. If you don't try,,,, you don't know.

Just remember: small bites, and chew, chew, chew. If it's to tough to go down, don't try to swallow it, cough it up, and call it quits.

Otherwise enjoy a slice.