Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to buy new clothes

So I'm down 30 lbs and 3 sizes...yeah me!!! So now its time to buy new clothes for summer. I can't wait! I have always hated to buy clothes but now i'm kind of excited. Maybe I'll even get a bathingsuit that's not aswim dress.:rolleyes:

So for others who have had to get new clothes, where did you shop? I don't want to spend too much money but I do need to wear nice clothes for work.

lmk

Congratulations! I'd hit Target for "cheap" clothes that look modern.

Well, in Florida, we have a dept store name of Beall's. They are always having sales. But, I think Kohl's or Macy's are like that too. Target is okay, but not my style. I guess 'cause I am 62 years old. But, good luck. Also, I like to shop Salvation Army. They have a section that carries the upscale dresses and blouses in my store. I have gotten some real nice clothes for little prices.

For under garments, I treat myself to Victoria Secret, because can! I was so long that I couldn't. Good luck. Karen

Yard sales all the way! I hate spending money on clothes that might only fit for a month or so. When I hit goal... then I'm going shopping for real!!

I would agree with the thrift type stores or the clearance racks of other stores. I just donated 3 garbage bags full of clothes that don't fit (the stuff I've been wearing for years). But also, I bought myself a bathing suit about a month ago because we were going to be in a hotel and I wanted to go swimming with my kids for the first time in many years and also because I was starting a mother-daughter aquafitness class with my 10yo...well today my suit was too loose...I will still wear it for a while but if I wasn't so darn excited about the weightloss I'd be really peeved because bathing suits are really expensive!!!

I have had to do the same thing, I like Old Navy and TJMaxx ( I work there) but I suppose Marshalls would work too.:o I found some($79) Talbot's pants for 16.99 at the Maxx. It makes it easier to buy, knowing that there will be more new clothes in future :)

I do a lot of TJMaxx, Ross, etc. We have an outlet place where I live, so I also do Gap and banana Republic outlets. Finally, the clearance racks at Belk's and Macy's can be amazing-- the last time I shopped at Belks I got a shirt, a Michael Kors sweater, and a Sophia Maxx dress for $21 total.

The thrift store is a good option-- though I have to admit I stopped at ours yesterday, bought 3 pairs of shorts and two pairs of jeans, and when I got them home only one pair of shorts fit me (everything else is too small). It sucks if you can't try things on, but I guess I have some stuff to grow down into now.

I have had great luck at the local Goodwill-even finding brand new items with the tags on, and high end dress pants, not stetchy pants . It is soooo much fun starting to look at new clothes and then the bonus of them being a smaller size!!! Enjoy the therapy!!!

I don't have recommendations on where to shop as I am not a woman but all I can suggest is don't spend too much on clothes that will only fit for a couple of months.

I went shopping for clothes last Friday and it took forever as I had to try EVERYTHING on to see what my new size was. I don't unbutton any pants anymore since even done up they all just fall to the floor if not worn with a belt. Found out I went from 40 inch waist to 34 and from a 2XL shirt to a L. I even had to buy a new belt as mine ran out out of holes.

If feels great but I just don't have enough money to buy so many new clothes. It a nice problem to have though. :) Congratulations on your new look.

So I'm down 30 lbs and 3 sizes...yeah me!!! So now its time to buy new clothes for summer. I can't wait! I have always hated to buy clothes but now i'm kind of excited. Maybe I'll even get a bathingsuit that's not aswim dress.:rolleyes:

So for others who have had to get new clothes, where did you shop? I don't want to spend too much money but I do need to wear nice clothes for work.

lmk

I love Kohl's. Not sure where you are but if you have a Kohl's then def. hit them up. Very good deals.

I don't have recommendations on where to shop as I am not a woman but all I can suggest is don't spend too much on clothes that will only fit for a couple of months.

I went shopping for clothes last Friday and it took forever as I had to try EVERYTHING on to see what my new size was. I don't unbutton any pants anymore since even done up they all just fall to the floor if not worn with a belt. Found out I went from 40 inch waist to 34 and from a 2XL shirt to a L. I even had to buy a new belt as mine ran out out of holes.

If feels great but I just don't have enough money to buy so many new clothes. It a nice problem to have though. :) Congratulations on your new look.

Kohl's is a great place for Men's clothes too!

Kohl's is a great place for Men's clothes too!

That is exactly where I was shopping. :)

I think others have hit on some good places to shop...one thing I have been doing is for pants I only buy a couple of pairs that I can wear with several different tops. That way I don't feel like i am spending too much as I go through sizes. I do spend a little more on tops because I can get away with wearing them longer. The strangest thing for me is that while I used to be able to go in and buy without trying anything on, now I always end up taking multiple sizes into the fitting room because I am never sure what size I am...it's a nice problem to have :) !